There are a lot of reason for losing weight. Maybe you want more energy or confidence, decreased stress level, better health, or improved productivity. How about better fitting clothes or to be able to keep up with your kids and/or dogs.
These were some of the many reasons I wanted to lose weight, but it was more than just losing weight that I wanted. I wanted a healthier lifestyle. One that I would be happy for my children to imitate. Here are some tips that I found helpful and hope you will too.
10 Tips for Losing Weight
- Make it a Lifestyle. Fad diets and pills will not work long-term. You need to start good habits that will form a healthier lifestyle. Start with small things, like swap out your morning fat filled coffee for a green tea with honey. Or take a walk after dinner. Little health tweaks to your life can make a big difference.
- Set Realistic Goals. It is important to set some realistic goals related to losing weight. It can be daily activity, distance walked, number of steps, healthy choices made, stairs taken, etc. Short-term, achievable goals are great because you need small successes to stay positive and to stick with your lifestyle change plan. Don't focus on numbers. Losing weight isn't a true measure of health and fitness. Eating right, exercising and creating healthy habits is where your focus should be. Make sure your goals reflect that and don't get hung up on numbers or the scale.
- Be accountable. Find a friend, family member, co-worker or online group to join in on improving lifestyles. Keep each other accountable for your goals and share successes with each other.
- Don't Get Discouraged. If you are not seeing results, don't get frustrated and give up. Adjust your routine until you find something that work. Remember this is a long-term lifestyle improvement, not a sprint to the finish line.
- Use Essential Oils. Essential oils can help you manage hunger, reduce craving, boost metabolism, and lift your mood. Best essential oils for losing weight are lemon, grapefruit, peppermint, ginger and cinnamon.
- Fill Mind With Positive Thoughts. Your mind and body work so much better when you are positive. Negative thoughts and energy will impede your ability to improve your life. Find some motivating quotes or bible verses and repeat them in your head over and over. The next time a negative thought pops into your head, repeat the quote or verse to get rid of the negative thought.
- Drink Water Instead of High Calorie Beverages. Drinks like juice, soda and alcohol really add up the calories. Instead drink plenty of water. A lot of time when you think you are hunger, your body is actually thirsty. Try drinking a glass of water before dinner or when you start to feel hungry.
- Be Open to Change. Nobody likes change, but if you want your lifestyle to change for the better then you must be willing to make the necessary adjustments. Changes can be fun. You won't know until your try so stop procrastinating and just do it. Try new recipes that are healthy, or make over a favorite recipe with only health ingredients. Vary the types of exercise you do keeps your workouts interesting. Be open to new activities.
- Moderate Your Portions. Living in a super-sized world is difficult, but being mindful of portions is important to keep from overeating. Make sure what you are eating is nutritious and worth eating. When you consume more than you use, those calories are stored in fat cells for later use.
- Be More Active. Exercise every day, even if it is only for a few minutes. Every little bit counts. Being active is key to getting fit and burning calories. Remember small successes. Something simple like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walking your dog, or playing at the park with your kids.
Find What Works For You and Stick With It. Hope these tips for losing weight help in your path to a healthier you. Think positively, work hard and have fun!
*The information provided here is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Post may include affiliate links. See full disclaimer.
Share this post
Invigorating Homemade Foot Soak With Spearmint Oil
Your feet deserve some pampering. Give them an at home spa treatment with this invigorating homemade foot soak with s...
8 Aromatherapy Diffuser Blends To Enhance Your Mood
Want to change the mood in your home? The aroma of essential oils can help improve the mood and atmosphere in your ho...
How To Create A Reed Diffuser With 10 Essential Oil Blend Recipes
Want to learn how to create your own reed diffuser? Reed diffusers can freshen up any room, try them in a bathroom, l...
DIY Antibacterial Hand Gel
Here is a great antibacterial hand gel recipe, just in time for the germy season. No water needed! Put this hand gel...
DIY Lavender Face Toner - Essential Oil Spray Recipe
Do you use a face toner in your skincare regimen? Face toners help cleanse, restore balance and refresh the skin. Ton...
Homemade Minty Orange Lip Gloss Roll On
Try this homemade lip gloss recipe for moist and soft lips during the drying winter months. It only requires 3 natura...
- Tags: Healthy Living