Looking for natural sleep remedies to help sleeping problems? Anyone who has ever had trouble sleeping knows that these problems can absolutely ruin the days that follow bad nights of sleep.
While there are many sleep aids available to help you fall asleep, lots of people find that these sleep aids make them drowsy the next day, have unwanted side effects, or can interact with other medications they take.
All Natural Sleep Remedies for Insomnia
If you have tried measures ranging from sleeping pills to melatonin to valerian root and have still had problems sleeping or have been groggy the next day, pay attention!
A relaxed mind and body is a must if you have been experiencing problems with sleeping. Conversely, when it comes to getting poor sleep, one of the biggest things that will contribute is stress and tension in your body and mind.
This means that if you have been experiencing problems sleeping, the best way to fall asleep is to find the way to relax your mind and body.
- Take a Shower: A shower is a great way to relax your body, as heat is so relaxing to your body, and a shower is the best way to get heat on your whole body. If you usually take a shower in the morning, consider taking one at night instead, as this will relax your body.
- Drink Lavender Tea: Lavender Tea is another way to relax your body using heat – but make sure you drink tea that is caffeine free, otherwise you may worsen the problem. Chamomile tea is an alternative you could try as well. Some tea companies also have "Sleepytime Tea" blends.
- Stretch Before Bed: Stretching before you go to bed is another method many people have found helps them unwind in their body and sleep better. This stretching can take the form of the regular sorts of stretches you typically do before a workout, or it can take the form of yoga – which helps a lot of people relax.
- Meditation & Breathing: Meditation is another approach that is similar to yoga because it helps you regulate your breathing while also calming your body. Frankincense essential oil is a great oil to add for meditation. Diffuse or apply frankincense to head and heart for a peaceful feeling. If you decide that meditation is not for you, try to find some breathing exercises that will enable you to breathe regularly and deeply, as these will help your body unravel just a bit.
- Use Essential Oils: The best essential oils for sleep are lavender, roman chamomile and geranium. Roman Chamomile offers calming effect on the skin, mind, and body. Create a blend of these three oils in a roll on bottle and roll on to chest and feet-see recipe below. Basil essential oil is also a preferred oil for renewing your mind and spirit, which can help you get better sleep once you fall asleep.
- Sleeping Mask: Sleeping masks can help block out lights so your mind can relax. Blue lights that most electronics emit can really brighten up a room, even with eyes closed these types of lights can be stimulating to the mind.
When you are unable to sleep, it can certainly be frustrating; but you will be able to find a way to fall asleep more easily, without taking any pills at all, if you explore these natural sleep remedies.
*The information provided here is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Post may include affiliate links. See full disclaimer.
Share this post
DIY Antibacterial Hand Gel
Here is a great antibacterial hand gel recipe, just in time for the germy season. No water needed! Put this hand gel...
DIY Lavender Face Toner - Essential Oil Spray Recipe
Do you use a face toner in your skincare regimen? Face toners help cleanse, restore balance and refresh the skin. Ton...
Homemade Minty Orange Lip Gloss Roll On
Try this homemade lip gloss recipe for moist and soft lips during the drying winter months. It only requires 3 natura...
Fruit & Veggie Cleaning Spray Recipe With Essential Oils
There are several reasons you should wash your fruit and veggies before you eat them. Some reasons are germs, pestici...
Facial Steam Using Essential Oils
A facial steam will hydrate your skin and cleanse your pores. When you add essential oils you will also enjoy additi...
10 DIY Christmas Air Fresheners For The Holidays
Don't you just love the smell of Christmas? Fresh cut pine trees, spicy cider, crisp winter air, warm cookies, sweet...