Amazing Natural Honey Benefits
Do you like honey? Have you used it as more than just a sweetener? Since ancient times, people have used honey to treat various health conditions. When I learned about all the honey benefits, I was really shocked.
I love honey and only recently realized that I had been eating the wrong kind. I also thought honey was just a sweet enhancer made by bees, boy was I wrong. Honey provides more than a taste for the sweet tooth; natural honey benefits your health and your body inside and out.
In order to reap the full benefits that honey has to offer, you must choose raw honey. Look for "100% Raw" on the label, it is the highest quality natural honey available. The raw version has not been filtered or pasteurized, which means that it has not been stripped of its powerful vitamins and minerals.
Most store bought, commercialized honey has been pasteurized by heating to high temperatures. This destroys all the beneficial properties and removes most of the pollen. Bee pollen may be one of the most complete foods available because of its antioxidant content and high amino acid.
Top 10 Natural Honey Benefits:
- Great source of carbohydrates – It releases steady energy into the body for a longer time than simple carbohydrates, no sugar high and then crash
- High nutritional value – Good sources of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and carbohydrates
- Positive effects on sleep – A spoonful before bedtime will allow a slow release of glycogen necessary for essential bodily functions during sleep
- Counters pollen allergies – Helps to ward off your allergies naturally
- Heart healthy – Reduces homocysteine levels to maintain a healthy heart
- Contains powerful antioxidants – Helps with free radical which are responsible for breaking down cells causing aging effects
- Boosts immune system – Acts as a preventative against many diseases
- Healing properties – Soothes and heals skin wounds, blemishes, wrinkles, dry skin and more
- Weight loss benefits – Raw honey actually helps reduce fat buildup and works to metabolize cholesterol
- Soothes cough – A spoonful of honey can calm a cough
Raw honey is a perfect staple to have in your home, not only does it have a long shelf life and it doesn't require refrigeration. It can be used in many ways, from cooking to DIY beauty treatment to health remedies. Enjoy your path to nutritional sweetness! Click here to view my favorite raw honey.
*For informational purposes only, not a substitute for medical advice. Post may include affiliate links. See full disclaimer.
Share this post
How To Create A Reed Diffuser With 10 Essential Oil Blend Recipes
Want to learn how to create your own reed diffuser? Reed diffusers can freshen up any room, try them in a bathroom, l...
DIY Antibacterial Hand Gel
Here is a great antibacterial hand gel recipe, just in time for the germy season. No water needed! Put this hand gel...
DIY Lavender Face Toner - Essential Oil Spray Recipe
Do you use a face toner in your skincare regimen? Face toners help cleanse, restore balance and refresh the skin. Ton...
Homemade Minty Orange Lip Gloss Roll On
Try this homemade lip gloss recipe for moist and soft lips during the drying winter months. It only requires 3 natura...
Fruit & Veggie Cleaning Spray Recipe With Essential Oils
There are several reasons you should wash your fruit and veggies before you eat them. Some reasons are germs, pestici...
Facial Steam Using Essential Oils
A facial steam will hydrate your skin and cleanse your pores. When you add essential oils you will also enjoy additi...