Get lush lips with this simple sugar lip scrub. It takes only a couple minutes to make. Sugar scrubs are a perfect way to pamper yourself at home.
The sugar helps exfoliate your lips and will slough off any dead or dry skin. Exfoliation will promote new, healthy cells and remove the old ones. This will leave you with soft, kissable lips that feel fantastic.
No need to purchase a sugar lip scrub, our recipe is simple and only calls for 3 ingredients. Most people will have these ingredients in their home: sugar, coconut oil and essential oils. You will also need a jar to put the finished product into.
This sugar lip scrub is a great beginner DIY recipe, even kid friendly. Kids love to help mix and create new things. These ingredients make this a safe recipe for them. Let them pick out the essential oil they would like to try.
Our recipe also makes a great homemade gift for friends or family. Use a pretty glass jar and place a label or gift tag to make it extra special. Essential oils can be changed as desired for different flavors. Click here to get our 2 oz blue glass jars that are perfect for this recipe.
Sugar Lip Scrub Recipe:
- Mix all ingredients together and transfer sugar lip scrub to a 2 oz. Glass Salve Jar.
- To use, place a small amount onto a fingertip and rub on lips with finger for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, rinse off sugar lip scrub with water. It is good to follow up with a coat of lip balm for extra moisture.
Tips for Healthy Lips:
- Do not lick your lips. While this may give a temporary feeling of moisture it will actually remove more moisture from your lips as the wetness evaporates. Saliva also has digestive enzymes that can irritate your sensitive lips.
- Use lip balm. Frequent application of lip balm will keep your lips moist and soft. Apply a good layer before bedtime so when you wake up your lips will be ready for the day!
- Use our Sugar Lip Scrub recipe once per week to keep your lips exfoliated. This will keep the skin on your lips healthy and renewed.
- Lips can get sun burnt easily because they lack melanin. Protect your lips with a SPF lip balm when in the sun.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. This will keep your body, skin and lips hydrated.
- Minimize matte lipstick usage. Matte lipstick is very drying, that is why it stays in place so long. Be sure to use sparingly.
If you enjoyed this DIY recipe, share our Sugar Lip Scrub tutorial with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter:
*The information provided here is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Post may include affiliate links. See full disclaimer.
Share this post
10 DIY Christmas Air Fresheners For The Holidays
Don't you just love the smell of Christmas? Fresh cut pine trees, spicy cider, crisp winter air, warm cookies, sweet...
Pretty In Pink Essential Oil Bath Salt
Bathing is a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. Not only is it cheap, but it is also an easy way to pam...
Recipes For Essential Oil Roller Bottles
If you are an essential oil user, you know how important essential oil roller bottles are. They make topical applica...
DIY Stain Remover For Clothes
If you have kids, you know a good stain remover for clothes is a necessity. My boys love playing outside which is gr...
Exfoliating Foot Scrub With Essential Oils
Want to get rid of that dry, rough skin on your feet and heels? An exfoliating foot scrub is the way to go! It is s...
Homemade Essential Oil Sprays Made Easy
One of the easiest ways to use essential oils every day is by using homemade essential oil sprays. Sprays are a simpl...