Get lush lips with this simple sugar lip scrub. It takes only a couple minutes to make. Sugar scrubs are a perfect way to pamper yourself at home.
The sugar helps exfoliate your lips and will slough off any dead or dry skin. Exfoliation will promote new, healthy cells and remove the old ones. This will leave you with soft, kissable lips that feel fantastic.
No need to purchase a sugar lip scrub, our recipe is simple and only calls for 3 ingredients. Most people will have these ingredients in their home: sugar, coconut oil and essential oils. You will also need a jar to put the finished product into.
This sugar lip scrub is a great beginner DIY recipe, even kid friendly. Kids love to help mix and create new things. These ingredients make this a safe recipe for them. Let them pick out the essential oil they would like to try.
Sugar Lip Scrub Recipe:
- Mix all ingredients together and transfer sugar lip scrub to a 2 oz. Glass Salve Jar.
- To use, place a small amount onto a fingertip and rub on lips with finger for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, rinse off sugar lip scrub with water. It is good to follow up with a coat of lip balm for extra moisture.
Our recipe also makes a great homemade gift for friends or family. Use a pretty glass jar and place a label or gift tag to make it extra special. Essential oils can be changed as desired for different flavors. Click here to get our 2 oz blue glass jars that are perfect for this recipe.
50+ DIY Recipe Guide - Get NOW:
Download our 50 page recipe guide full of wonderful all natural cleaning, personal care and beauty products for your home, PLUS matching bottle labels for each recipe! Just fill in form and click "Get My Recipe Guide" button for FREE access:
Tips for Healthy Lips:
- Do not lick your lips. While this may give a temporary feeling of moisture it will actually remove more moisture from your lips as the wetness evaporates. Saliva also has digestive enzymes that can irritate your sensitive lips.
- Use lip balm. Frequent application of lip balm will keep your lips moist and soft. Apply a good layer before bedtime so when you wake up your lips will be ready for the day!
- Use our Sugar Lip Scrub recipe once per week to keep your lips exfoliated. This will keep the skin on your lips healthy and renewed.
- Lips can get sun burnt easily because they lack melanin. Protect your lips with a SPF lip balm when in the sun.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. This will keep your body, skin and lips hydrated.
- Minimize matte lipstick usage. Matte lipstick is very drying, that is why it stays in place so long. Be sure to use sparingly.
Share On Pinterest: