A facial steam will hydrate your skin and cleanse your pores. When you add essential oils you will also enjoy additional benefits. It will soften your skin, act as an astringent, help heal skin lesions, and remove dirt or makeup from clogged pores. You will also enjoy aromatherapy benefits as well.
Steams can be enjoyed regularly on dry, oily, combination or normal skin. Avoid steams if you have sensitive skin, rosacea or sunburned skin.
Lavender essential oil is great for soothing irritated skin and has healing properties. It is very gentle and can naturally balance skin out.
Melaleuca essential oil (aka tea tree oil) has fabulous cleansing properties, especially good for blemishes and rashes. Both essential oils promote healthy skin.
Home Facial Steam Recipe
- 4 cups of Boiling Water
- 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Melaleuca Essential Oil
- Large heat proof bowl
- Bath Towel
- Wash face before getting a facial steam
- Add boiling water to large heat proof bowl on kitchen table or a comfortable place where you will be able to sit and relax.
- Add essential oils to water immediately before you are ready to enjoy
- Create a tent over your head, shoulders and bowl. Keep face about one foot from bowl to prevent getting burned from steam.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breathe and relax. Enjoy the face steaming benefits for about 10 minutes.
You can use numerous essential oil combinations, it really just depends on what your goal is with your home facial steam. Lavender and chamomile are great combo too for an essential oil facial steam as well as a relaxing steam before bedtime. Both have calming effects that can help you fall asleep easier.
Share On Pinterest
Want to learn more about Essential Oils? Like DIY Recipes? Join our weekly newsletter: