Recently, I have been enjoying aromatherapy sessions in my car. How you ask... with an Essential oil Car Diffuser! I must say, it is nice bringing my oils on the go while I am driving.
There are many essential oil diffuser for the car on the market. I have tried a few and wanted to share my experience with them.
Types of Car Diffusers
Car Lighter Plug In Diffusers: This was the first kind of car diffuser I tried (several years ago) and didn't really like it, it seemed a little unsafe. It got hotter than I was comfortable with and there were no on/off or hi/low settings, it was either plugged in running or removed from lighter socket. I was also afraid to leave it plugged in when I got out of the vehicle.
Car Vent Clip: This type uses the diffusion power of your car vent to disperse the oil aroma through the air. There are holes on the back side of the metal clip and inside the locket style clip is room for a circle scent pad. The scent pad holds the essential oil drops. It clips on to your car vent. Here is the exact style pictured in this post, click on picture to learn more:
Hanging Pendant Diffusers: I have enjoyed this type as well. Just place one drop on the terracotta pendant and passive diffusion happens as air flows over the pendant. It is simple and doesn't take much time. Usually hang from car mirror. Some states have laws about hanging things from the rear view mirror. The pendants are usually small and do not seem to pose a risk of obstructing views. Here is one we offer:
USB Diffuser: This kind uses the power of the USB port to run and usually requires water. I have not tried this version personally, seems like it could be more work than I am willing to put in. I kind of like the passive diffusers when I am driving, less distracting to me and no mist floating in the car.
How to Use an Essential Oil Car Diffuser
In this tutorial, I am using the EO Car Diffuser Clip. I think it is the easiest one to implement for anyone at any level, plus it is cost friendly as well. Here is how to use it:
Step 1: Get Clip
- Get an essential oil diffuser that can clip onto vent in your vehicle. There are many designs to choose from and they come with different colored scent pads. Click here for the one we like.
Step 2: Pick Oil
- Decide what essential oil or oil blend you want to use on the diffuser clip. It is recommended to avoid sedative essential oils since there will be some driving going on. Peppermint or citrus essential oils work great. I like evergreen essential oils too!
Step 3: Add Drops
- Add drops to scent pad, you will need 5-8 drops of essential oils. Place scent pad into diffuser car clip and close lid.
Step 4: Clip On
- Clip your car diffuser on to a vent in your vehicle. The diffuser clip has large holes in the back to allow air from the vent to pass through the scent pad an carry the aroma out.
Step 5: Enjoy
- Enjoy a wonderful aroma as you drive to your destination with an uplifted mood and a positive outlook! Re-scent as needed (when your vehicle is parked).
Where to Buy Essential Oil Car Diffuser
I really like the Tree of Life Car Diffuser Clips from Flying Trav. Here are some reasons I like this set:
- Clips are made from high quality materials
- Comes with 36 scent pads (plenty!!)
- Has a mini carry bag for store extra pads
- High quality magnetic closure
- Vent clips are rubber coated to prevent scratching when placing on
- Large holes in the back so air flow isn't a problem
- Reasonable pricing for 2 clips and the pads/carry bag
Share on Pinterest