Stress can deplete your energy and immune system, compromising your health. That is why it is so important to control stress. Essential oils can be used to help you beat stress.
Emotional and mental stress can be especially damaging to your body's immune system. When experiencing high stress, your body's immune function decreases and can lead to diseases.
Essential oils can promote balance and calming effects on emotions. Their powerful, yet non-addictive properties, make essential oils a valuable alternative for relieving the build up of stress and tension.
What Essential Oil Helps with Stress?
One of the best things you can do for your health is to find ways to manage stress. While there are many ways to do this, one of the most effective is to use essential oils. Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts that have been used for centuries for their healing properties.
They can be used in a variety of ways, including diffusing them into the air or applying them topically to the skin. Some essential oils, such as lavender and chamomile, have calming properties that can help to ease anxiety and promote relaxation.
If you're feeling especially stressed, you might want to try a combination of essential oils known as "Stress Relief." This blend typically includes Lavender, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, and Orange essential oils.
8 Stress Relief Essential Oils
Stress is something that everyone deals with in their life, but sometimes it can become overwhelming. The key to stress relief is finding what works for you and incorporating it into your daily routine.
Essential oils are natural remedies that can be used to help reduce stress, anxiety, and more! Here are my top 8 I like to use for stress relief:
1. Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Citrus scent similar to a freshly cut orange
- Energizing and cheerful aroma
- Gentle enough to use in blends for children
- Feel relaxed, restored, and uplifted
2. Lavender Essential Oil
- Balances emotions and calms the nervous system
- Offers reassurance and strength
- Inspires deep relaxation and sleep
3. Magnolia Essential Oil
- Relaxes the mind and body
- Creates a calm and serene atmosphere
- Uplifts when feeling down and grounding when anxious
- Read More: Magnolia Spotlight
4. Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- It was known as "the physician" in ancient times because of its reputation for promoting good health
- Excellent for soothing stress and tension
- Acts as a mild sedative
5. Frankincense Essential Oil
- Perfect for meditation and contemplation
- Helps center your mind
- Offers a deep sense of tranquility
6. Himalayan Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Stabilizes during stressful transitions
- Instills confidence and security in times of trouble
- Enhances meditation and spiritual expression
- Read More: Himalayan Cedarwood Spotlight
7. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
- Can help encourage relaxation, especially before sleep
- Helps promote a calm atmosphere
- Brings comfort during times of great distress or emotional grief
- Read More: Sweet Marjoram Spotlight
8. Rose Absolute/Rose Essential Oil
- Sweet floral aroma that inspires positive emotions
- Imparts harmony and peace
- Brings calm in the midst of fresh grief
The smell of the essential oils, which are extracted from plants, is often used in aromatherapy to help relax the body and mind. The molecules of the oils are inhaled, allowing them to travel through the nose and into the lungs, where they are absorbed into the bloodstream, and from there they go to work on the nervous system, helping to lower stress and promote relaxation.
How to Use Stress Relief Essential Oils
Here are some ways you can use the above oils in your daily routine to beat stress:
- Try diffusing one of the oils above in your home or office
- Wear one of the oils on a diffuser necklace
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil and massage into feet and hands
- Make a roller blend and roll onto arms & chest
- Add several drops into a jar of unscented lotion for a custom stress relief lotion.
- Place a drop of oil in palm of hand, rub together & inhale
- Use an aromatherapy inhaler
- Make an essential oil spray
- Place 3-4 drops in warm bath or onto shower floor
5 Essential Oil Combinations for Stress Relief
While there are a multitude of factors that can contribute to stress, some essential oil combinations have shown promise in providing relief. If you're looking for a natural way to ease stress and tension, consider diffusing or applying these five essential oil combinations.
- Lavender and Chamomile
- Bergamot and Geranium
- Rosemary and Peppermint
- Sweet Marjoram and Sandalwood
- Ylang Ylang and Grapefruit
There are a variety of ways to use essential oils for stress relief. Diffusing or applying these five essential oil combinations is a great place to start if you're looking for a natural way to ease stress and tension.
Stress Relief Essential Oil Diffuser Blend
- 3 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
Add to aromatherapy diffuser with required water for your machine.
Frequently Asked Questions on Essential Oils for Stress Relief
Here are some frequently asked questions on the topic of using essential oils for stress relief. The use of essential oils for stress relief can help to reduce the cortisol levels, a stress hormone, in the body, thereby providing a calming and calming effect on the body and mind.
How do essential oils work?
Essential oils are full of volatile compounds from plants that affect your limbic system—the part of your brain that controls emotions and memory. When you inhale the aroma of an essential oil, the molecules travel through your nose and into your lungs where they are then absorbed into your bloodstream.
From there, they go to work on your nervous system, helping to lower stress and promote relaxation.
How can I use stress relieving essential oils?
Essential oil inhalation is an effective way to reduce cortisol levels and promote relaxation, as it allows for the inhalation of essential oils which can act on the body's nervous system, providing a calming effect on the body and mind.
When it comes to winding down after a long day, nothing beats a warm bath infused with essential oils that can act on the body's nervous system, providing a calming effect on the body and mind, followed by a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed.
Can I use lavender oil for stress relief?
Lavender oil is one of the most popular scents in aromatherapy for stress relief. It has a calming and relaxing effect on the body and mind, and can help to reduce anxiety and promote deep sleep. If you're looking for an essential oil to help you decrease stress, lavender oil is a great place to start.
Can I use Clary sage essential oil for stress relief?
Absolutely! Clary sage essential oil has been used to reduce stress and anxiety, and promote a sense of calm. It is known to have a sedative effect on the body, which can help to reduce tension and promote relaxation. It is also a favorite for women's issues, like PMS symptoms.
Can I use bergamot essential oil for stress?
Bergamot essential oil is a great choice for stress relieving, as it has a calming and uplifting effect on the body and mind. Bergamot oil has a sweet, citrusy scent. It can help to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression, as well as improve mood and mental clarity.
Additional Ideas For Stress Management
Learning to manage stress is very important for your health and wellness, in addition to using essential oils here are some more ideas for stress management.
- Physical activity
- Good nutrition
- Meditation or relaxation
- Positive thinking
- Read Bible verses or pray
- Social connections
- Deep breathing
- Take a walk outside
- Enjoy a sunrise or sunset
- Take a warm bath
Final Thoughts on Stress Relieving Essential Oils
If you're like most people, you probably deal with some amount of stress on a daily basis. Whether it's work, family, or financial worries, stress can take a toll on your mental and physical health.
Over time, chronic stress can lead to serious health problems such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and anxiety disorders. Thankfully, there are natural ways to manage stress that don't involve medication. One of the most effective stress-relievers is aromatherapy using essential oils.
There are many different ways to use essential oils for stress relief. Whether you diffuse them, inhale them, or massage them into your skin, these natural remedies can provide much-needed relief from everyday stressors.
Next time you're feeling anxious or overwhelmed, give one of these essential oils a try!
Where to Buy Essential Oils?
If you are looking to buy essential oils to use in your skincare routine, be sure to buy only 100% pure essential oils. Check out some of our favorite essential oil companies: