Share essential oils with your mom and all the important women in your life this Mother's Day. Moms are so giving and loving, this post is dedicated to them. Enjoy these essential oils for mom plus the diffuser blends. If you are a mom... Happy Mother's Day!
I am a mom to three wonderful children that I just adore. Here I share some especially comforting, calming, soothing, and supporting essential oils for mom that have been a favorite in my aromatherapy and motherhood journey.
Best Essential Oils for Mom
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years for their healing properties, and with modern aromatherapy there are many different oils to choose from. Whether you are pregnant, new parent, or mother of any age, these oils can help you care for yourself in a natural and holistic way.
While everyone has essential oil favorites, here are some I think all moms can enjoy:
1. Lavender Essential Oil
- All around supportive essential oil
- Offers emotional balance and reassurance
- Inspires deep relaxation and sleep
- Soothes skin inflammation and irritations
- Read More: Types of Lavender Essential Oil
2. Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Allows creative inspiration to flow
- Returns vitality after an illness
- Relieves menstrual cramps and labor pains
- Uplifts the mind and emotions
- Read More: Clary Sage Spotlight
3. Geranium Essential Oil
- Its rosy aroma offers positive reassurance
- Offers a nourishing presence in skincare blends
- Eases physical and emotional pain
- Encourages when feeling down
- Read More: Geranium Recipes
4. Patchouli Essential Oil
- Popular for natural perfumes and deodorants
- Offers deep relaxation and peace
- Soothes and nourishes skin
- Repels insects and calms bug bites
- Read More: Patchouli Oil Spotlight
5. Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Soothes allergies and sinus congestion
- Promotes a restored and uplifted feeling
- Comforting scent can set your mind at ease
- Read More: Orange Spotlight
6. Bergamot Essential Oil
- Soothes skin and improves skin tone
- Balances mood and eases anxiety
- Promotes relaxation and ensures a restful sleep
- DIY Recipes: Bergamot Oil Diffuser Blends
7. Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Inspires positive energy
- Supports a healthy relationship with body
- Lightens up mental fatigue
- Uplifts mood and relieves tension
- Read More: Grapefruit Oil Spotlight
8. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Creates harmony and encourages trust
- Top choice for natural perfume blends
- Melts away physical and emotional tension
- Perfect for meditation and contemplation
- DIY Recipes: Ylang Ylang Oil Diffuser Blends
9. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
- Promotes peace and sleep
- Valuable aid for women's health (menstrual cramps too!)
- Restores an inner sense of courage and confidence
- Relieves sore muscles and bodily stiffness
- Read More: Sweet Marjoram Spotlight
10. Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Reduces appearance of scars and blemishes
- Reignites a passion for life
- Offers a restorative effect on mind and emotions
- Calms respiratory conditions
- DIY Recipes: Sandalwood Oil Diffuser Blends
Diffuser Blends for Mom
There are so many benefits of using essential oils for moms. As a mom, I know that sometimes we just want to relax after a long day, but it's hard to make the time to do it. Good thing is that diffusing doesn't take long to get started and you only need oils, water and your diffuser!
Pick a recipe below and add to diffuser with recommended water for your diffuser tank. Read more about diffusing essential oils. I like to use a 100-200 ml water tank diffuser but you can use whatever size you prefer, adjust the drops as desired.
1. Happy Mother's Day Diffuser Blend
This is a rich and soothing oil blend thanks to patchouli and ylang ylang. The orange essential oil brings in a light and refreshing touch. This could also be made into an aromatherapy inhaler.
*If you find the patchouli oil too strong, you can decrease the drops of patchouli and increase the drops of orange.
2. Calm Mama #1
Aromatherapy can be an effective way to relieve stress, anxiety, and even depression during the everyday grind for moms. Give this calm mom recipe blend a try.
*Don't have arborvitae essential oil? Use cedarwood essential oil instead.
3. Calm Mama #2
Simple yet wonderful diffuser blend. Clary sage is a favorite for moms and women because of its ability to calm and support female health. Turn this blend on when you are feeling moody and need some uplifting.
4. For My Mom
Kumquat essential oil? Yes, it is an lesser know citrus oil with a bright aroma that is uplifting and energizing to the mind. You can substitute with another citrus oil if you don't have it, possibly tangerine or orange.
5. Happy Mom Diffuser Blend
Essential oils are said to be calming because of their ability to stimulate the body's relaxation response. Here is a deeply soothing and mood improving oil blend to enjoy.
6. For My Mother
This sparkling oil blend is so beautiful and special, just like moms. Let this oil blend fight fatigue and moodiness that comes from daily stressors.
*Don't have jasmine oil? Skip it and try it with just the other two oils.
7. Super Mom Diffuser Blend
This trio of essential oils is great for emotional health and wellness. Let this blend uplift your mind and body so you can keep your super powers up!
*You can decrease the ylang ylang drops to 1 if you find the blend too strong, for some it can be too overpowering.
8. Bouquet for Mom
Want a flower bouquet in the form of an essential oils blend? If yes then this is the blend for you. Floral essential oils are calming and supportive, perfect for overworked moms!
9. Calm and Cool Momma
Aromatherapy is the art and science of using fragrant essential oils to benefit the mind and body. The right essential oils are powerful tools for getting a good night's sleep, supporting natural wellness, and for freshening stale-smelling rooms. Turn this blend on in the evening to promote a relaxed environment.
Safety Guidelines for Essential Oils
Diffuse 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time, read more about how long to diffuse oils.
It is best not to apply undiluted essential oils onto the skin. When using essential oils topically on the skin, be sure to dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
Using essential oils can improve a person’s emotional, physical, and mental state. For best results, make sure you use pure essential oils and learn how to use them properly.
People can have different responses to essential oils, you may find what works for one person, doesn't work for you. You can learn more here about what to do when essential oils don't work.
Essential Oil Diffusers Guide
Get our Essential Oil Diffusers Master Guide - How to Aromatherapy Diffusing Guide with 200+ Diffuser Blends by Jennifer Lane, Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Loving Essential Oils:
Frequently Asked Questions About Essential Oils for Busy Moms
Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways to help moms relax, reduce stress, and improve their overall well-being. Here are some of questions about essential oils for moms:
What are the most popular essential oils for mom?
Essential oils are a popular choice for moms due to their versatility and therapeutic benefits. The most popular essential oils for moms include lavender, chamomile, rose, geranium, lemon, and peppermint.
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils for moms. It has a calming and relaxing effect, which can help reduce stress and promote better sleep. Lavender is also known to be a natural remedy for headaches and insomnia.
What are the benefits of essential oils for moms?
For busy moms, essential oils can be a powerful tool in their health and wellness toolkit. The natural remedies of essential oils are used for headaches, menstrual cramps, as well as providing relief from common colds and flu.
It’s not only physical benefits to mom that essential oils offer – many also help with mental clarity, focus and concentration – perfect for getting projects complete or studying for exams. Whether diffused into the air or applied topically to an area of concern, essential oils can provide much needed relief to mamas who need it most.
How can essential oils be used for mom?
Essential oils can offer mothers a range of wonderful benefits! Not only do essential oils have natural, therapeutic benefits when inhaled or applied topically, but they also provide an opportunity for mothers to practice self-care and mindfulness.
Whether it's using an essential oil diffuser for aromatherapy, applying a soothing topical blend with simple massage techniques before bedtime, or building your own custom massage oil with the power of nature, these all-natural treatments are sure to help bring mom mental clarity and peace of mind.
Additionally, essential oils come in a variety of scents that can be used to help set the mood in any home. So put down the to-do list and give yourself time to relax by exploring the amazing world of essential oils today!
Aromatherapy is a great way to help moms relax and unwind. Essential oils can be used in diffusers, sprays, or even applied directly to the skin.
Where to Buy Essential Oils?
Essential oils are great because not only do they make you feel good physically but mentally as well. I love having them around since they have so many benefits like clearing the air of bad odors and improving moods by releasing calming scents in your home or office!
Be sure to only purchase 100% pure essential oils from a trusted source. We are frequently asked what essential oil brand we like, here are some of our favorites:
Share on Pinterest
More Diffuser Blend Posts
- Cedarwood Diffuser Blends for Sleep
- Diffuser Blends for Romance
- Diffuser Blends for Monday
- Lemon Diffuser Blends