Lavender blends well with many essential oils, including vetiver. When using lavender and vetiver essential oil blend you can expect to enjoy some relaxation and less stress. Both oils are calming and sedative.
Lavender and Vetiver Essential Oil Blend
People use vetiver and lavender for a variety of purposes, including relaxation, stress relief, and sleep aid. But what are the actual uses and benefits of these essential oils? Let's take a closer look.
Lavender Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Lavender oil is one of the most versatile and popular essential oils on the market. Its sweet, floral scent is perfect for creating a relaxing atmosphere, and its calming properties make it ideal for use in skincare products and as a natural remedy for anxiety and stress.
Lavender essential oil is a safe and gentle oil that loves everyone. It inspires deep relaxation and emotional balance. This comforting oil can bring peace and calming.
Here are some of the most popular ways to use lavender oil:
- To relax and wind down before bedtime, add a few drops of lavender oil to your diffuser or bathtub.
- To reduce stress and anxiety, use a lavender oil roller bottle and apply on your temples or wrists.
- To soothe a sunburn, mix 2 drops of lavender essential oil with 1 tablespoon aloe vera and apply onto affected areas.
- To assist with skin issues, mix a few drops of lavender oil with a teaspoon of jojoba oil and apply to skin daily.
- To freshen up your laundry, add 8 drops of lavender oil to your washing machine during the rinse cycle.
- To make a natural cleaning solution, mix 3/4 cup water with 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 25 drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle. Use as you would any other all-purpose cleaner.
Vetiver Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Vetiver essential oil has a deep, rich aroma that is soothing. It is derived from the roots of the vetiver plant, which is native to India. Vetiver has been called "oil of tranquility". It is calming to the nervous system and supportive all around. The perfect oil to use during meditation and contemplation, as well as before bedtime.
Vetiver oil is less well-known than lavender oil, but it has a number of impressive benefits. It is commonly used in perfumes, soaps, and candles. Vetiver essential oil has a number of benefits and uses, which include:
- Can be used to treat anxiety and stress, apply to an aromatherapy diffuser necklace to enjoy while on the go.
- This oil has a calming and grounding effect on the mind and body. It can also be helpful in treating insomnia.
- Vetiver essential oil can be used to improve circulation and alleviate pain. It can also be helpful in treating arthritis and muscle aches.
- The oil's anti-inflammatory properties can help to reduce swelling and inflammation, try using in a soothing bath.
- The oil's antimicrobial properties can help to fight off infection and disease.
- Vetiver essential oil can also be helpful with colds and flu symptoms, use in a diffuser blend feeling ill.
What can I do with lavender and vetiver blend?
A blend of Lavender and Vetiver Essential Oil can be diffused in an aromatherapy diffuser to fill the room with a soothing scent. Alternatively, add a few drops to a warm bath or massage into the temples and neck for a relaxing experience. For best results, use the Lavender and Vetiver Essential Oil Blend before bedtime to help promote a restful night's sleep.
Lavender and Vetiver Benefits
Lavender and vetiver essential oil both have a wide range of benefits, from relaxation to stress relief. When these two oils are blended together, they create an even more powerful oil with a variety of benefits.
Let's take a look at some of the benefits of a lavender and vetiver blend.
Lavender and Vetiver for Relaxation
One of the most well-known benefits of lavender is its ability to promote relaxation. It has a calming effect on the body and mind, which can be helpful in reducing stress and anxiety. When combined with vetiver, which is also known for its relaxation properties, the blend can be even more effective in promoting calmness and peace.
Lavender and Vetiver Oil for Stress Relief
Lavender and vetiver are both excellent essential oils for stress relief. Lavender oil can help to reduce cortisol levels in the body, while vetiver oil has sedative properties that can help to ease tension and worry. When these two oils are blended together, they create an oil that is even more effective in relieving stress.
Lavender and Vetiver Blend for a Sleep Aid
If you're having trouble sleeping, a lavender and vetiver blend can help. Lavender oil is often used as a natural sleep aid, and when combined with vetiver oil, it can be even more effective in promoting restful sleep. The blend can help to relax the body and mind, making it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night.
Lavender Vetiver Diffuser Blend
A diffuser is a great way to enjoy essential oils, and this lavender vetiver blend is perfect for the evening time. The ingredients in this blend are calming, helping you to ease into your bedtime routine.
If you're like most people, you could probably use more sleep. Essential oils have been shown to be effective for improving sleep quality and duration.
The mix of lavender and vetiver oil promotes relaxation and peace. Diffuse this blend when you want to take a few minutes for yourself or before bedtime to help you fall asleep.
Peaceful Air Diffuser Blend
Peaceful Air diffuser blend is great for evening time or before bed. This diffuser recipe with lavender and vetiver essential oil is perfect for unwinding after work or a long day. Also an amazing blend during meditation.
These kid-friendly oils are both calming and sedating. Diffuse in home to promote peaceful sleep for everyone.
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 2 drops Vetiver essential oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)
Add drops to diffuser with recommended water for your machine and enjoy!
Peaceful Air Inhaler Blend
You can also enjoy this essential oil blend in an aromatherapy inhaler. Just take a blank inhaler and add essential oils to cotton wick. For a child's inhaler, use 4 drops lavender and 2 drops vetiver. For an adult, use 8 drops lavender and 4 drops vetiver. Read more about using essential oil inhalers.
Essential Oil Safety Guidelines
Diffuse 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time, read more about how long to diffuse oils.
It is best not to apply undiluted essential oils onto the skin. When using essential oils topically on the skin, be sure to dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
Using essential oils can improve a person’s emotional, physical, and mental state. For best results, make sure you use pure essential oils and learn how to use them properly.
People can have different responses to essential oils, you may find what works for one person, doesn't work for you. You can learn more here about what to do when essential oils don't work.
Final Thoughts on Lavender and Vetiver Oil Blend
The benefits of a lavender and vetiver essential oil blend are numerous. From relaxation to stress relief, this powerful combination of essential oils can provide a wide range of benefits. If you're looking for an oil that can promote calmness and peace, or if you're struggling to get a good night's sleep, a lavender and vetiver blend may be just what you need.
Where to Buy Essential Oils?
Essential oils are great because not only do they make you feel good physically but mentally as well. I love having them around since they have so many benefits like clearing the air of bad odors and improving moods by releasing calming scents in your home or office!
We are frequently asked what essential oil brand we like, here are some of our favorites:
Share on Pinterest
All About Diffusing Essential Oils
Diffusing is a fabulous way to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy. The simplest way to put oils in the air for inhalation is with an essential oil diffuser. Learn more about diffusing essential oils:
- Benefits of Diffusing Essential Oils
- 7 Easy Aromatherapy Diffuser Recipes
- How To Use An Essential Oil Diffuser
- Ceramic Essential Oil Diffuser - Do's and Don'ts
- Diffuser Blends To Enhance Your Mood