Let's face it, our garbage disposals get to feed on a lot of nasty junk, it is no wonder they can smell so stinky. DIY Essential Oil Garbage Disposal Cleaner Pods can help get your disposal and your kitchen fresh again. Use this recipe next time your disposal needs refreshing and cleaning!
DIY Essential Oil Garbage Disposal Cleaner
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup liquid Castile soap
- 30-40 drops Citrus Essential Oil
1. Combine baking soda and salt in a bowl, mix together.
2. Add soap and essential oils into the mixture, blend together well.
3. Slowly add water to the mixture while stirring, the goal is to get a consistency like damp sand. You want the mixture to stay together when pressed together. Too wet? Add more baking soda. Too dry? Add more water. Keep this up until the consistency is correct.
4. Form the mixture into balls with hands or if you prefer, use a tablespoon, pack one tablespoon full of mixture and then place onto parchment paper.
5. Let balls or spoonfuls dry until harden, usually done in 24 hours.
To Use: Just place one pod into the garbage disposal, turn on the water, and then turn on the disposal. You will immediately smell the uplifting and cleansing aroma. Store in a large, recycled glass container (I used a recycle pickle jar)
Essential Oils For Garbage Disposal
When using essential oils for cleaning be sure to use only high quality, pure essential oils. You can use a single essential oil or a blend of essential oils in this recipe as long as the total drops of oil equal 30-40 drops.
- Try a single citrus oil or a blends of your favorite ones
- Minty oils like peppermint oil or spearmint oil are great refreshing options
- Orange & peppermint essential oil are excellent choices for this recipe
- Lemon essential oil will give you that clean and classic fresh kitchen
- Try an herbal aroma for your kitchen like Rosemary essential oil
Share on Pinterest