Want to get rid of that dry, rough skin on your feet and heels? An exfoliating foot scrub is the way to go! It is simple to make and easy to use.
Epsom salt is a natural exfoliant that can help to buff away dead skin, bringing fresh skin to the surface. Sweet almond oil and essential oils will help to soften and refresh the skin on your feet and heels, leaving them feeling wonderful.
So go ahead, make up a batch today and start treating your feet!
DIY Essential Oil Recipes Guide
Aromatherapy Recipes with Essential Oils Guide with 150+ Easy & Effective Recipe Blends by Jennifer Lane, Loving Essential Oils Owner & Certified Aromatherapist:
Exfoliating Essential Oil Foot Scrub Recipe
- 3/4 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/4 cup Sweet Almond Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- Glass Storage Container
- Mix all ingredients together
- Put into jar or glass storage container
- To use, place a small amount into palm of hand and rub over feet, paying close attention to heels. Rinse off. If using in shower, use caution as the oils can make the shower slippery.
- Follow with moisturizing foot lotion and a pair of cozy socks.
Essential Oil Recipe Tips
- You can substitute lavender and frankincense essential oils with other essential oils of choice, see below for more blends.
- Single essential oils would work with this recipe, or a favorite blend from your oil brand. You would just need 15-20 drops total per DIY recipe.
- If you like your sugar foot scrub wetter, add more carrier oil until it reached your desired level.
- As an alternative to using in the shower, you can soak your feet in a warm foot bath first which will soften the skin and then use this exfoliating foot scrub to buff away the dead skin.
- If your feet and heels are very dry and crack it will take some persistence on your behalf. Use scrub 3 times per week until all the dry and cracked skin is off.
- To maintain healthy feet, use exfoliating foot scrub once per week. Make sure to use essential oil lotion or skin balm to soften heels.
Exfoliating Foot Scrub Essential Oil Blends
Try these essential oil recipe variations:
1. Bedtime Exfoliating Scrub
Try this blend when winding down to get ready for bed
2. Citrus Exfoliating Scrub
Here is a refreshing blend of citrus oils to pamper your feet with.
3. Lively Exfoliating Scrub
Use this foot scrub essential oil blend in the morning to help you get moving.
4. Deep Clean Exfoliating Scrub
Let these two gentle skincare essential oils cleanse while exfoliating.
Share on Pinterest