We all experience stress and anxiety at some point in life, whether it be at work, home, school, or just everyday life. The modern-day hectic lifestyles that many of us live allow stress and anxiety to rule.
This stress and anxiety can have profound effects on mental health. It can make you feel sad, overwhelmed, inadequate, disconnected, confused, angry, tense, worried, and fearful.
Aromatherapy is a complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) which involves the use of essential oils for healing purposes. Scent has been known to trigger memories and emotions in people.
Essential oils can help combat stress by calming emotions and balancing mood.
Can I Use Essential Oils for Body Spray?
Essential oils are a popular choice for many people looking for natural alternatives to conventional body sprays and perfumes. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, some essential oils can be used safely in body sprays.
However, it is important to exercise caution when using any type of essential oil, as they are concentrated plant extracts and can cause skin irritation if not used properly. When using essential oils in body sprays, be sure to dilute them properly and patch test on a small area of skin before applying to a larger area.
If you have any sensitivities or allergies, it is best to consult with a healthcare professional before using essential oils. With proper care and caution, however, essential oils can be a great way to enjoy the benefits of natural body fragrance.
Peaceful Essential Oil Blend Body Mist
Aromatherapy is the use of plant extracts to create a sense of balance and wellness. Peaceful blend body mist incorporates 4 essential oils that allow an enhanced feeling of wellbeing. The pure essential oils in this powerful blend are lemon, melissa, cypress, and bergamot.
Check out these peaceful essential oils:
Lemon Essential Oil
- Do you love the smell of lemon? The scent of lemon essential oil has been shown to elevate moods and relieve anxiety.
- It is an invigorating oil that stimulates senses, clears the mind, and lifts the mood. Great for making DIY lemon essential oil recipes for cleaning, beauty and mental wellbeing.
- Lemon essential oil has a fresh and uplifting aroma that can help make any day feel better!
Melissa Essential Oil (aka lemon balm essential oil)
- Melissa essential oil has a cheerful aroma that can be soothing when you feel overwhelmed.
- It has been used as a natural remedy and healing agent. Melissa oil can relieve stress, anxiety, depression, and even pain. And it smells really good too!
- Click here to read our blog post on Melissa oil benefits
Cypress Essential Oil
- If you're looking for a relaxing scent to fill your home with, cypress oil is the answer.
- It's calming and soothing aroma is perfect for those that want an aromatherapy experience in their own homes.
- Cypress essential oil has a calming and soothing aroma that help with mental clarity and sleep quality.
- It's known as an uplifting oil that can ease tension and stress.
Bergamot Essential Oil
- Are you a fan of the smell of bergamot essential oil? It has a citrusy scent.
- It has a balancing effect on body and mind, making it a favorite for many. It can elevate mood and enhance well-being.
- Bergamot essential oil can help with mood swings, anxiety, depression, stress relief and more. It is also a favorite in diffuser blends!
Essential Oil Body Spray Recipe
Essential oils can be used for a variety of purposes, including relaxation, skin care, and anxiety relief. Adding a few drops of essential oil to your body spray can help to boost its efficacy. This recipe is quick and easy to make.
- 3 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 3 drops Cypress essential oil
- 4 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops Melissa essential oil
- 1 tablespoon alcohol-free witch hazel
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
Step 1: Gather the ingredients needed.
Step 2: Add witch hazel to the bottle using a funnel.
Step 3: Add essential oils to bottle and swirl to mix oils with witch hazel.
Step 4: Add water to the bottle.
Step 5: All done, add spray top to bottle and shake well to blend together.
Step 6: To use, shake well and mist around your body, hair, and clothes. Enjoy the aroma of your spray!
Essential Oil Safety Tips
Be aware that essential oils and water don't mix so you must shake well right before spraying. You should also avoid using any hot or skin irritating essential oils in spray recipes that you will be applying to your skin because they will not be diluted, water doesn't dilute essential oils. I like to mist this body spray on my clothing and in my hair too!
Essential Oil Combinations for Body Spray
Essential oils are a great way to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy on the go. When used in a body spray, they can help to refresh and invigorate the skin. They can also be used to create a sense of calm and relaxation.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to creating your own unique blend of essential oils. However, some combinations are more effective than others. For example, a mix of lavender and chamomile is perfect for promoting relaxation, while peppermint and eucalyptus can help to clear the head and noses.
If you need some inspiration, here are some essential oil combinations that are perfect for body spray:
Lavender and Chamomile: This combination is perfect for promoting relaxation and helping you to get a good night's sleep.
Peppermint and Eucalyptus: This refreshing combination is perfect for clearing the sinuses and uplifting the mood.
Lemon and Ginger: This zesty combination is great for invigorating the skin and providing a boost of energy.
Orange and Clove: This festive combination is perfect for creating a warm, inviting atmosphere.
Cedarwood and Juniper: This grounding combination is perfect for promoting feelings of wellbeing.
Shake well to blend the oils in your homemade essential oil body spray, and then spritz on your skin as needed. You can also use your body spray to refresh linens and towels by spraying it onto fabric before ironing. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a refreshing and invigorating body spray that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
DIY Recipes to Freshen Up Your Home
DIY essential oil recipes are a great way to refresh your home. They are affordable and they smell great. These are just a few of our favorite recipes.
Diffuser Blends to Freshen Your Home
Are you looking for ways to make it smell more pleasant? If so, diffuser blends are a great option! There are many different combinations that you can create, and each one will give your home a unique scent. Explore some of the best diffuser blends to freshen your home with instructions on how to make them.
Poo-pourri Toilet Spray Recipe
Do you want to make your bathroom smell more pleasant? Are you caring for someone who is sensitive to the smells of toilets? You might want to give a try to a poopourri spray for your loved one. It is simple to make this spray and can be used for freshening up your bathroom. This spray can also be used to eliminate any unpleasant odors. Make your own poo-pourri toilet.
Homemade Essential Oil and Baking Soda Blend
Do you want to eliminate bad odors from your home naturally? You might want to make your own essential oil/baking soda mixture. This simple-to-use mixture is ideal for eliminating unpleasant odors from any room in your home. It's also affordable and non-toxic! Want to know more? Learn how to make your essential oils and baking soda mixture