I know bath bombs are on trend but I personally LOVE MY SHOWER! Still wanting to enjoy my essential oils in my daily bathing ritual I have found an excellent solution. You will love it too because it is completely customizable.
Shower melts are small disks made from baking soda and water. Make a batch of them, then right before you get in the shower, take one disk and apply your desired essential oils to the shower melt and place into shower. The aroma will linger out as the steam and water hits the melt.
WOW... is all I can say. This is one recipe that will not get dust on it for me and my family.
This is an amazing way to get essential oils and aromatherapy into your life everyday.
What I especially love is that I can customize these melts with what oil I need at that moment. I need to wake up? I can pick invigorating essential oils. Almost time for bed? I can choose sedating essential oils. Feeling under the weather? I can grab my immune boosting essential oils.
And no excuse that you do not have the essential oil in the recipe because you can pick from the oils you have in your arsenal. Plus, I know you have baking soda and water in your home.
Of course we have some scent combination recipes for you but here is a great way to get to know specific oils and try out some different essential oil blends with minimal risk and cost.
Don't sit on the fence, seriously, if you have been just an essential oil recipe browser, STOP NOW and TAKE ACTION! You will be so happy you did.
Tweet about it to your friends:
Aromatherapy Shower Melts
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup water
- Silicone Cupcake Liners
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the baking soda and water together into a paste.
2. Pour mixture into 6-8 silicone cupcake liners (about 1/3 full).
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–15 minutes.
4. Allow to cool completely. Once cool, remove from liners and place in container or baggie near shower.
To use, simply add 3-6 drops onto one shower melt right before you get into the shower. Place melt on the floor of the shower (best in corner out of direct water flow). Let the steam and water drops diffuse the oils as you shower. Enjoy! Makes 6-8 melts. See our picture tutorial below.
Here are the silicone cupcake liners I have and the ones pictured. They are also great for lotion bars, melt and pour soaps and for baking of course. So you will definitely get use from them. If you do not have a set yet, I highly recommend them:
12 Essential Oil Blend Ideas:
1. Relaxation: 2 drops Lavender and 2 drops Chamomile
2. Wake Up: 2 drops Peppermint and 2 drops Lemon
3. Bedtime: 3 drops Lavender and 2 drops Cedarwood
4. Congestion: 2 drops Eucalyptus and 2 drops Lavender
5. Citrus Uplift: 2 drops Orange, 2 drops Grapefruit and 1 drop Lemon
6. Tranquil: 2 drops Patchouli and 2 drops Frankincense
7. Forest Retreat: 3 drops Cypress and 1 drop Cedarwood
8. Breathe Easy: 3 drops Cardamom and 3 drops Lavender
9. Sweet Flower: 3 drops Orange and 1 drop Ylang Ylang
10. Calm: 3 drops Grapefruit and 1 drop Vetiver
11. Spice Is Nice: 2 drops Ginger and 2 drop Orange
12. Cleansing: 3 drops Lemon and 2 drops Melaleuca (tea tree)