There are many ways to boost your immunity. One simple way is to add immune boosting essential oils into your daily routine. Essential oils are nature's miracle makers, they can help improve the immune system naturally.
There are a variety of essential oils that can help to boost the immune system. Some of the most effective include eucalyptus, rosemary, and thyme. These oils can be used in a diffuser or added to a carrier oil and applied topically.
When using essential oils, it is important to remember that less is more. A few drops are all that is needed to enjoy the benefits. In addition to essential oils, there are other lifestyle choices that can help to boost the immune system. These include eating a healthy diet, getting adequate sleep, and exercising regularly.
What is the Immune System Good for?
The immune system protects your body from infections, foreign bodies, and the development of diseases. This is why it is so important to make sure your immune system is strong.
Research suggests that emotional and psychological factors play a vital role in the immune response. Let aromatherapy oils really shine and assist your body to improved health and wellness.
How to Boost the Immune System Naturally
Boosting your immune system can increase your body's ability to resist diseases, bacteria, and viruses. It is important to be aware of your lifestyle and environment, noting anything that may contribute to a depressed immune system. Here are some key things for a healthy immune system:
Frequent hand washing is one of the most important things that you can due to limit threats to your immune system. Visit the CDC to learn when and how to wash hands.
Eat a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables, limit saturated fats and sugars, drink plenty of water.
Plenty of SleepSleep is when your body repairs itself, so it is essential to allow your body to get plenty of sleep, try our helpful sleep diffuser blends as natural remedies.
Stress weakens the immune system so it is important to keep it under control. Try things like yoga, meditation, listening to music, positive affirmations, and essential oils. Read more about stress-relieving oils.
Getting daily exercise and keeping your body fit and active is yet another way to ensure that your body is ready to tackle anything that comes at it.
Essential oils are a wonderful way to boost your immune system. Read on to see how you can incorporate essential oils into your daily routine to improve your immune system naturally.
Immune Boosting Essential Oils
There are several essential oils that have immunostimulant properties, meaning they stimulate the action of the immune system. Here are some of the most common essential oils for the immune system:
1. Clove Essential Oil
- A very potent antioxidant, has a true to spice aroma.
- For a natural mouthwash, place 1 drop of clove oil in a shot glass of water and swish in mouth for 1-2 minutes, then spit out.
2. Oregano Essential Oil
- Powerful pathogen fighter with a strong herbal scent.
- Add 2 drops of oregano in carrier oil and massage into soles of feet.
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint oil has a refreshing, cooling effect that can help to ease congestion.
- This high-quality antiseptic and antiviral oil combats germs while leaving behind a refreshing aroma.
- It is also very effective at supporting the respiratory system.
- Add 2 drops to a tissue and inhale the aroma throughout the day to open airways and sinuses.
4. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus oil is known for its ability to clear congestion and ease respiratory issues.
- It's also an antiviral agent, making it great for preventing colds and flu.
- Diffuse eucalyptus oil to boost immune activity and open airways.
- You can also add 2 drops to the shower floor to receive positive effects from the aromatherapy steam.
5. Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon oil promotes health, healing, and energy.
- It has strong antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
- Try a natural room freshener by adding 20 drops to a 2 oz spray bottle, fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. Use the spray to cleanse and freshen the air.
6. Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Supports immune activity and provides powerful protection against bacteria and viruses.
- Add one drop to your toothbrush before brushing.
7. Tea Tree Oil
- Stimulates the immune system and assists the body in resisting and fighting infection.
- It has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, which makes it great for warding off infection.
- Mix 3-5 drops of tea tree into a tablespoon of castile soap and add to bathwater.
- Make a fungus fighting foot bath with tea tree oil.
8. Rosemary Essential Oil
- Rosemary is great for boosting circulation and easing inflammation.
- Dilute a few drops of rosemary and apply to skin sores or bites to reduce redness and swelling.
9. Thyme Essential Oil
- This effective antiseptic essential oil can help to clear up fungal infections and colds.
- Add a drop or two into the shower before getting in.
- Read more about Thyme Essential Oil with Diffuser Blends
10. Lavender Essential Oil
- Encourage restorative sleep as well as decreased stress with this versatile oil. Remember, stress and sleep are both contributing factors for lowered immunity.
- Lavender oil has both antibacterial and antiviral properties, it
- also has antioxidant properties, protecting the cells from free radicals.
- Add a few drops to a tablespoon of unscented lotion and apply it to the body before bedtime.
11. Frankincense Essential Oil
- Ease anxiety, stress, colds and more with this amazing oil.
- Add to your diffuser along with other immune supportive essential oils.
- It has a wonderful aroma that can boost your mood.
12. Basil Essential Oil
- Basil oil is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties, making it perfect for fighting off colds and other infections.
- Has an energizing scent that is a great choice when you need a little pick-me-up.
- Additional benefits include reducing stress and anxiety, improving digestion, and fighting inflammation.
How to Use Essential Oils for Immune System
There are a few different ways that you can use essential oils to boost your immunity. One way is to add a few drops of your chosen oil (or a combination of oils) to a diffuser and run it in your home or office. You can also add a few drops of oil to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the vapors.
Another option is to dilute the oil with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil and apply it topically to your chest or back (avoiding contact with your eyes).
Finally, you can add a few drops of essential oil to your bathtub or shower or apply it directly to your skin after bathing. By incorporating these into your routine, you can help to keep your immune system strong.
Essential Oil Recipes for Immune System
I like to use a variety of approaches in my home, so I am sharing recipes for a diffuser blend, roller recipe, personal inhaler, bath salt, and chest rubs. Pick one or more DIY recipes that fits with your needs.
Immunity Bath Salt Blend
Directions: Mix all ingredients together and add to warm bath, swirl water with hand to disperse.
Immune Boost Inhaler
Directions: Add essential oils to cotton wick and insert it into the inhaler, breathe in the therapeutic aroma as needed. Read more about using aromatherapy inhalers here.
Immunity Diffuser Blend
Directions: Add essential oils to diffuser with recommended water. Read more about diffusing essential oils.
Winter Threats Chest Rub
Directions: Melt coconut oil by placing the container into a warm water bath (make sure your container is closed). Place the essential oil drops into the glass jar, fill the jar with the melted coconut oil, stir the oils together to blend and let solidify. Apply a small dab to the chest and rub in as needed. 2% dilution.
Immunity Roll On
Directions: All essential oils to the roller bottle, top with jojoba oil. Roll onto chest as needed for support. 4% dilution.
Directions: Add all ingredients into the dropper bottle, apply a few drops of oil to the chest, back and/or feet as needed. 2% dilution.
Final Thoughts on Immune Boosting Essential Oils
There are many different ways that you can boost your immunity this cold and flu season. One simple and effective way is by using essential oils. There are a few different essential oils that are particularly effective in boosting immunity, including tea tree oil, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, and peppermint oil.
You can use these oils in a diffuser, in a steam inhalation, or diluted with a carrier oil and applied topically. By incorporating essential oils into your daily routine, you can help keep yourself healthy all season long!