Citrus oils are among the favorites in any essential oils collection. They are versatile and effective, providing many uses and benefits. Citrus oils most popular today are orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerine, mandarin, lime, bergamot, and petitgrain essential oil.
Citrus essential oils offer a variety of benefits for health and wellness. Here are just 12 benefits citrus oils offer.
12 Benefits of Citrus Essential Oils
1. Boosting Mood:
Citrus oils are a wonderful way to enhance mood and emotional balance. They work on the brain's chemicals and hormones resulting in an improved mood.
2. Antioxidant Protection:
Citrus oils contain antioxidant properties that help neutralize free radicals. Free radical are responsible for damage to cells and tissues. Antioxidants also help to relieve stress on the immune system.
3. Eliminates Germs:
Citrus oils are well known for killing germs and fighting against pathogens. Use citrus oils in homemade cleaning products to enjoy all natural germ elimination.
4. Immune System Support:
Citrus oils are known to effectively boost the immune system. Diffuse citrus oils to enjoy an immune boost. Try Citrus Bomb Diffuser Blend: 2 drops of lemon, 2 drops of orange, 1 drop of grapefruit and 1 drop of lime. Add to your diffuser with recommended water amount and enjoy the aroma.
5. Superb Air Freshener:
Remove odors throughout the house and work place with any citrus oil. Just add to a spray bottle with water, shake and spritz into air. Also use citrus oils in a diffuser to clean the air. Try our Citrus Burst Aromatherapy Room Spray Recipe.
6. Sanitize Surfaces & Produce:
Keep the surfaces in your kitchen, bathroom & rest of home sanitized with citrus oils. You can also clean & sanitize produce by rinsing or soaking fruit or vegetables with citrus oils. Click here for our Fruit & Veggie Cleaning Spray Recipe.
7. Ease Anxiety & Irritability:
Several citrus oils can help reduce feelings or anxiety and irritability, as well as other mood disorders.
8. Boost Energy:
Citrus oils help to boost physical and mental energy levels. Especially great oils to use in a diffuser in your home or work place to help you get through the day.
9. Remove Toxins:
Some citrus oils many help to remove toxins and impurities from cells.
10. Helpful to Skin:
Applying citrus oils to skin issues like warts, bunions, corns or calluses may eliminate these bothersome problems.
11. Flavor Food:
Citrus oils are a wonderful way to add flavor to food and drinks. Be sure your essential oil is labeled for internal use, not all essential oils are safe for consumption.
Citrus oils are versatile as you can see, they are an important part of any essential oil collection. They can be used aromatically, topically and internally (as long as your oil is labeled safe for consumption). Follow instructions listed on the oils you are using.
Ways to Use Citrus Oils
Citrus oils can be used in many ways. Below are just some of the ways you can enjoy them.
- Diffuser: Diffuse oils into the air using an essential oil diffuser. It will make you home smell wonderful, eliminate germs in air, and offer mood, mind and immune benefits.
- Spray Bottle: Add several drops of citrus oil (single or a blend of oils) into spray bottle and fill rest of bottle with water, shake well. Use as air freshener, room spray or body spray. Click here to purchase our spray bottles.
- Water Booster: Mix a couple drops into water and drink throughout the day (only oils labeled safe for consumption should be used). Make sure you are using a glass cup or bottle (no Styrofoam or plastic cups)
- Citrus Massage: Create a massage blend by mixing several drops of citrus oil in a dropper bottle, fill rest of bottle with carrier oil. Try this recipe for "Stress Free" Citrus Massage Oil. Add 6 drops of Bergamot oil and 6 drops of Grapefruit oil to 1 oz dropper bottle, fill rest of bottle with jojoba oil (or favorite carrier oil for massages).
Free "Ultimate" List of Essential Oils PDF
Download our printable essential oil list full of useful information and checkboxes to help you organize your inventory!
Share on Pinterest