Learn what the best aphrodisiac essential oils are, plus try the DIY recipe blend. Essential oils have been used medicinally for THOUSANDS of years. But I’m sure you already knew that. But did you know that essential oils have also been used to increase sensuality and libido as well?
It’s OH so true:
The Song of Songs in the Bible refers to perfumes, scents, and oils as part of its sensual imagery.
Ancient Egyptian artists and writers created sensual images by referring to fragrances and scents in the context of sexual relationships.
An aphrodisiac stimulates excitement, desire, and passion. This simulation to the senses can boost hormones and spark passion. A natural love potion!
Well, if it’s worked for years upon years for others… why not make it work for YOUR love life and libido!
Sensuality and Essential Oils
When it comes to pleasure and sexual expression and enjoyment, 100% pure essential oils have quite a lot to offer. They can put you in the right state of mind to experience love. Here are some benefits from sensual oils and aromatherapy:
- Warming oils increase and excite libido
- Cooling oils calm the nervous system
- Essential oils can help open up emotions and increase communication
- Essential oils can promote a sense of focus and passion
- Helps to soothe the body and boost confidence
Intimacy has so much to do with touch AND scent. Therefore, inviting them into your love life can certainly enhance your sexual experience!
Embrace and Love
it’s the most amazing thing you will ever own.
10 Best Aphrodisiac Essential Oils for Love and Libido
Aphrodisiac essential oils are used to promote sexual arousal and libido. Since the sense of smell is a highly personal thing, it may take a bit of experimenting to discover what you and your partner like.
However, the 10 aphrodisiac essential oil listed below are typically well-received mine most for their ability to incite desire and libido.
1. Rose Otto Essential Oil
- Roses are always thought of when love is mentioned
- Rose oil is “The essential oil of LOVE”
- Physically and emotionally good for opening the heart
- Supports the circulatory system
- Enhances self-esteem and desire
- Detoxifies and purifies the blood
- Combats stress and nervous tension
- Increases semen production
- Tones the skin so you can look fresh and ready
2. Rosewood Essential Oil
- Has a calming effect on the mind
- Promotes feelings of hope and optimism
- Instills feelings of confidence
- Boosts self-esteem
- Is a mood lifter
3. Jasmine Essential Oil
- Women are drawn to the floral aroma
- Enhances mood and energy
- Has a balancing effect on the nervous system
- Assists with depression
- Produces euphoric feelings
- Promotes self-confidence and optimism while diminishing fears and worry
- Eases nervousness
4. Lavender Essential Oil
- Promotes peace
- Produces calm and relaxing feelings
- Extremely soothing
- Sets the mood for passion
- A fantastic all-around healer
5. Ginger Essential Oil
- Warming sweet and spicy oil
- Spice things up with this root essential oil
- Boosts energy and libido, Promotes circulation
- Increases openness
6. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- A calming, floral scent
- Increases sexual desire
- Encourages attraction, increases libido
- Great for those with frigidity or impotence
- Supports the circulatory system
- One of the most POWERFUL essential oil aphrodisiacs
- Soothes the emotions of worry, fear, anger, and anxiety
- Promotes feelings of happiness
- Use during important discussions with your partner to encourage deeper connection and reduces tensions
7. Cinnamon Essential Oil
- A warming essential oil
- A sweet and spicy scent
- Improves blood flow and circulation
- Great for the nervous system
- Beneficial for the skin, dilute well, avoid on delicate parts!
8. Cardamom Essential Oil
- Calming on the nervous system
- Soothes nervous strain
- Relieves mental fatigue
- Has a favorable and aromatic scent
9. Sandalwood Essential Oil
- One of the oldest known perfume materials
- Relaxes muscles
- Opens heart to love
- Its woody aroma calms blood pressure
- Potent tension and stress reliever
- Gets user in a better mood
10. Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Warming, spicy oil
- Strengthens circulation and gets blood flowing
- Stimulates sexual appetite
- Use in a warming massage oil
“Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top.” -Jimmy Dean
Or in this case… aphrodisiac essential oils are cherries upon cherries on TOP!
How to Use Essential Oils for Libido and Love
There are many ways to use essential oils as an aphrodisiac to help you experience greater passion and connection with your loved one. When combining essential oils for romance, try mixing florals with earthy aromas so the floral scent is not too overpowering.
Here are a few tips to get you started on your adventure into using aphrodisiac oils:
Make a delicious massage oil by blending a few drops of one of the oil listed above with a carrier oil such as jojoba. Or make a roll-on blend.
Use aromatically in an essential oil diffuser with one of our Romantic Diffuser Blends
Add a few drops of your favorite oil to your bed sheets or on cotton pads and tuck them into pillows.
Create a romantic and relaxing bath by adding a teaspoon of castile soap with a few drops of one of the following:
- Ylang Ylang
Add a few drops of essential oils onto a cotton ball or pad and place in your dedicates drawer to scent your undergarments.
Use aphrodisiac essential oils and lighting to set the mood! Place drops of oils in an aromatherapy diffuser. Turn on diffuser with a colored light setting on to create a low-light, romantic setting (if that option is available on your machine).
DIY Aphrodisiac Essential Oil Blend Recipes
Aphrodisiac Inhaler Blend
This simple essential oil inhaler blend is easy to make and can be tailored to fit your specific needs. Plus, it's discreet enough that you can take it with you wherever you go. Here are the instructions on how to make your very own aphrodisiac inhaler blend!
Directions: Add all drops of essential oil to diffuser wick, place the wick into the inhaler. To use, place inhaler under nostrils and deeply inhale the aroma.
Honeymoon Diffuser Blend
Enjoy a deep connection as you forge your lives together. Or use it to bring back the memories of your honeymoon night!
Directions: Add the drops of essential oil to your diffuser with the required water for your machine, turn on and enjoy the aromatic session. Turn it on as you enjoy a nice bubble bath together!
Sensual Bath Salts
Create a romantic atmosphere with this sensual bath soak to enjoy together!
Directions: In a glass jar combine you salt and oils, mix well. Add 1/2 cup to a warm-hot bath. I would avoid cinnamon or peppermint for this bath soak, these oils can be uncomfortable on sensitive parts. Citrus essential oils are good too, they add a relaxing and comforting energy.
Open Your Heart Aromatic Steam
Geranium essential oil is fabulous oil for dealing with the ups and downs of a relationship. Feelings can get hurt and emotions overwhelmed. Use this aromatic steam to inhale in some healing mist to restore your love and hope and ease your anger and open your heart. Promote feelings of love and forgiveness.
Directions: Fill the bowl with hot water and geranium oil. Place you face over the bowl and inhale the aromatic steam that arises. You can use a towel over your head for a more concentrated mist. Careful not to get too close as the steam can burn your skin. Inhale the vapor for a few minutes to let your heart open to healing and release emotional stress.
Share on Pinterest
Author Bio: Lindsay Sibson
|World Traveler. Writer. Lifestyle Design Enthusiast. Minimalist. Adventurer.|