If you're thinking about using essential oils, or you're already using them and want to experiment with different recipes, then you might be wondering what oil blends well with carrot seed essential oil. Find out here what you can use with carrot seed oil in your wellness routine.
Renowned for its ability to soften and smooth the skin, try using it in homemade skin care products.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil Facts
Carrot seed oil has a warm and woody scent, and it's often used in diffusers and inhalers. It can also be used topically, but should be diluted first. When choosing an essential oil to blend with carrot seed oil, choose oils that complement carrot seed like bergamot, cedarwood, lavender, geranium, and frankincense.
- Botanical Name: Daucus carota
- AKA: Wild Carrot, Queen Anne's Lace, Bishop's Lace
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant Part: Seed
- Note: Middle
- Family: Apiaceae
- Aroma: Woody, earthy, root-like, and slightly-sweet
- Shelf-Life: 3-4 years
- Kid Safe: Yes
- OK for Pregnancy/Nursing: No
Carrot Seed Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Carrot seed essential oil is a wonderful skin rejuvenating oil and also helps to support a healthy digestion system. When applied to the skin, use a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, or Grapeseed oil to dilute it before application.
- Protects and nourishes skin
- Skin loving benefits and properties
- Diffuse to relieve worry and promote relaxation
- Emotionally, Carrot Seed can have a calming effect on the mind and body
Carrot Seed Essential Oil vs Carrot Seed oil
When carrot seed essential oil and carrot seed oil are put side by side, it's easy to see why so many people get them confused. After all, they share a lot of similarities. Both oils are extracted from carrot seeds and they're both used for similar purposes. However, there are also some big differences between the two.
Carrot seed essential oil is steam distilled from carrot seeds. Carrot seed essential oil is much more potent than carrot seed oil. This means that you only need to use a few drops of carrot seed essential oil to gain therapeutic benefits.
If you are using it on skin, carrot seed essential oil must be diluted with a carrier oil like jojoba oil, unlike carrot seed oil. Carrot seed oil can be used on all skin types and needs no dilution prior to application.
You can diffuse carrot seed essential oil for aromatherapy purposes but you can not diffuse Carrot seed oil. Carrot seed oil is for topically use only.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil Blends Well With What Oils?
Blending essential oils is a great way to create your own unique aromatherapy blends. Experiment with different combinations to find the perfect blend for you and your family. Here are some essential oils that blend well with carrot seed:
1. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is a soothing and calming essential oil. Its floral, fresh scent makes it a popular choice for many people, and it has a calming effect that can be helpful in times of stress.
When blended with carrot seed oil, it can create a tranquil and relaxing fragrance.
- One of the most versatile essential oils, lavender blends well with many other oils, especially carrot seed.
- When used in skincare products, this combination can help to soothe and heal the skin.
- Use this blend to soothe and calm the skin, and enjoy more health benefits.
2. Cedarwood Essential Oil
Cedarwood essential oil is a popular oil to use in sleep diffuser blends, due to its woody, grounding aroma. It is said to be helpful in promoting relaxation and calm, and can be used to ease nerves and tension.
Use it with carrot seed essential oil to create a synergy that is even more effective than using the oil alone.
- Use cedarwood and carrot seed to help improve focus and concentration.
- This combination can help soothe the skin and promote a healthy complexion.
- When diffused, this oil blend can help to purify the air and promote feelings of grounding.
- Try adding additional oils to the blend for more synergy, like Bergamot, Frankincense, Lavender, Rosemary, and Vetiver.
3. Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium is one of the most popular essential oils and for good reason. It is incredibly versatile, working well with a wide range of other essential oils, like carrot seed.
Geranium is often used in blends for its ability to balance and harmonize. It has a sweet, floral, and slightly minty smell that is both uplifting and grounding.
- When used in skincare, it can help to balance both oily and dry skin.
- Geranium essential oil is a versatile oil that can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Geranium oil can be used to promote healthy skin and hair, balance emotions, and relieve stress.
4. Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot is a citrus fruit that is native to Italy, it is used to make bergamot essential oil. The oil has a sweet, citrusy scent that is uplifting and refreshing. It is used as a top note in perfumes and has a light aroma. Bergamot is a very popular essential oil and is used in many different blends.
- Bergamot essential oil blends well with other citrus oils, such as orange and lemon, as well as with floral oils, such as jasmine and rose.
- It blends well with other citrus oils such as lemon, lime, and grapefruit. It also goes well with floral oils such as jasmine and ylang-ylang.
5. Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is a refreshing essential oil that has a uplifting and invigorating scent. When blended with carrot seed oil, it can create a refreshing and energizing fragrance. Plus, lemon essential oil has tons of different benefits, making it a great choice for use in a variety of different situations.
- Lemon is one of the most versatile essential oils out there.
- Its clean, citrusy scent is perfect for use in a wide range of DIY recipes, from skincare to household cleaning products.
- When it comes to essential oil blending, lemon goes well with a wide variety of other oils. Some of the best essential oils to blend with lemon include grapefruit, orange, bergamot, rosemary, and peppermint. These oils all have complementary scents that work well with lemon's clean, fresh fragrance. Plus, they each offer their own unique benefits, so blending them with lemon essential oil can create a truly powerful product.
6. Frankincense Essential Oil
If you are looking for an oil to help support cellular health, then you will want to consider using Frankincense. This oil has been used throughout history for its health benefits.
- When diffused, Frankincense can promote a sense of relaxation and peace.
- It can also be used topically to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and support healthy skin.
- When it comes to blending essential oils, frankincense oil goes well with a wide range of other oils. Some of the best essential oils to blend with frankincense include orange, lavender, rosemary, and geranium.
7. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary is one of the most popular essential oils and for good reason. It has a fresh, herbaceous aroma that is uplifting and invigorating. It is also very versatile oils, blending well with a wide variety of other oils, including carrot essential oil.
More Essential Oils that Carrot Seed Oil Blend Well With
Looking for more essential oils to blend with Carrot Seed? For example, peppermint is an invigorating and refreshing essential oil. When blended with carrot seed oil, it can create a bright and uplifting fragrance.
Here are more to try:
- Black pepper
- Clary sage
- Juniper berry
- Melaleuca (Tea tree)
Final Thoughts on Mixing Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot seed oil is a versatile oil that can be used on its own or in conjunction with other essential oils to create a variety of different blends. When used on its own, carrot seed oil can have a woody, earthy scent that is perfect for grounding and stabilizing blends. It blends well with other essential oils, which makes it a great option for those looking for a natural way to improve their health and well-being.