Carrot seed oil has some impressive benefits that you may not be aware of. It can be a powerful addition to your beauty routine. Carrot seed oil has been used mostly in skin care and natural hair care products.
What is Carrot Seed Oil?
Carrot seed oil is a cold pressed oil obtained from seeds of the wild carrot plant, also known as Queen Anne’s Lace. This flowering plant is popular for it’s potent natural vitamins and minerals for intense moisturizing and healing power. Carrot seed oil is different from carrot oil. Carrot oil is an infused oil rich in vitamin A from carrot roots.
To make things even more confusing, there is also carrot seed essential oil. All three of these oils are distinctively different.
It is important to know what you buying so you get the benefits that you are wanting. In this post were are talking about carrot seed oil, here is the brand I like to use:
|Botanical name||Daucus carota|
|Skin Type||Unsuitable for acne prone skin|
|Shelf Life||1 year|
|Consistency & Absorption||Viscous consistency. Thick so mix with coconut or olive oil to enhance absorption.|
Carrot Seed Oil vs Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot seed essential oil is steam distilled from carrot seeds. If you are using it on skin, it must be diluted with a carrier oil like jojoba oil, unlike carrot seed oil. Carrot seed oil can be used on all skin types and needs no dilution prior to application.
You can diffuse carrot seed essential oil for aromatherapy purposes but you can not diffuse Carrot seed oil. Carrot seed oil is for topically use only.
Carrot seed essential oil should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women according to Tisserand and Young.
Carrot Seed Oil Benefits
- Skin Repairing & regenerating
- Decreases sun damage
- Antioxidant & anti-aging properties
- Strengthens hair & fights hair breakage
- Moisturizing for dry, dull skin
- Improves the complexion
- Softens hair & reduces split ends
- Naturally balances the skin
- Increases skin elasticity & firmness
- Maintains healthy scalp & hair follicles
While carrot seed oil may offer some sunscreen benefits, it should never replace an SPF specific sunscreen.
Carrot Seed Oil Uses
- Apply directly onto dry, damaged skin
- Add to other skin care products like shampoo, lotion or cleanser for added benefits
- Rub into dry, brittle nails for a nourishing repair
- Place 2 drops in palm of hand, rub together and apply to bottom of hair for natural split end control
- Apply to face and neck as a night time moisturizer
- Massage into scalp once a week prior to shampooing
- Add a few drops to your homemade face & body scrubs
- Use to dilute your essential oils before applying topically
Carrier Oil Detailed Guide
Get our Complete List of Carrier Oils Detailed Guide for free! This guide includes 50 Carrier Oils complete with description, botanical name, skin type oil is best for, shelf life, consistency of oil, and absorption information.
Share on Pinterest