You've just purchased a beautiful essential oil diffuser and you can't wait to start using it. But before you do, you need to figure out where to put it. The first step is to find a location that is within reach of an electrical outlet. Once you've done that, here are a few other factors to keep in mind when deciding on the perfect spot for your essential oil diffuser.
Essential Oil Diffuser Benefits For Your Space
Essential oil diffusers offer a number of benefits, including reducing stress, improving sleep quality, and boosting energy levels. In addition, essential oils have been shown to have antibacterial and antifungal properties, making them a great way to purify the air in your home. Now you just need to find the right spot to put your diffuser.
Where Should I Put My Essential Oil Diffuser?
Here are some things to consider when you are finding a place for your essential oil diffuser:
Size and Shape of the Room
The size and shape of the room will play a role in how well your diffuser works. If the room is large, you may need to purchase a diffuser with a powerful output in order to enjoy the benefits of the essential oils. On the other hand, if the room is small, a less powerful diffuser may be just what you need.
I prefer to use ultrasonic diffusers that have a water tank between 100 to 200 ml regardless of my room size so the water doesn't get too stale and I can use it in a few 30 minutes to 1 hour sessions.
- Place a smaller diffuser in small spaces like the bathroom, and a larger, more powerful one in your living room.
- If you have a large room, you may need to place the diffuser in the center of the room to ensure the scent is evenly dispersed.
- The best place to put an essential oil diffuser is in a room where you spend the most time, such as your bedroom, living room, or office.
- Place your diffuser on a flat, level surface to ensure it is stable and won’t tip over.
Lighting in the Room
Another consideration is the lighting in the room. If the room is very bright, the diffuser may not be as effective. Conversely, if the room is dark, the diffuser may work too well and cause headaches or nausea.
- A happy medium would be a room with moderate lighting.
- Essential oil diffusers should be placed in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight and drafts.
The arrangement of furniture in the room can also affect how well your diffuser works. If there are low ceilings or a lot of obstacles, the diffuser may not be able to disperse the oils properly.
- Try to place the diffuser in an open area for best results.
- Make sure the diffuser is placed at least 3 feet away from any furniture or walls, as the mist can damage surfaces.
- Avoid placing your diffuser near any heat sources, such as radiators, stoves, or fireplaces.
- Make sure the diffuser is out of reach of children and pets.
Final Thoughts on Places to Put Your Essential Oil Diffuser
Now that you know some of the things to keep in mind when choosing a location for your essential oil diffuser, you're ready to start enjoying all of the benefits that these amazing devices have to offer!