Essential oils are widely used today for all types of physical ailments like cuts, headaches, pain, rashes, bruises and more. Scents can also open up our minds and effect our emotions. They can empower us and improve confidence and strength. Lets take a closer look at essential oils for strength and see how they can help us emotionally.
Strength is one of the most desired emotions. According to Psychology Today, Emotionally Strong People...
- are less discouraged by setbacks and disappointments.
- are more adaptable to change.
- are able to recognize and express their needs.
- focus on getting around a hurdle rather than on the hurdle itself.
- can learn from mistakes and criticism.
- tend to see the larger perspective in a challenging situation.
- are able to recover more quickly from emotional wounds such as failure or rejection.
Essential Oils for Strength
When I read the list above, the fourth ability really resonates with me, "focus on getting around the hurdle instead of the hurdle itself". So many times I have focused on a problem instead of focusing on how to get around the problem. Many times it is about perception and mindset.
Here are 8 essential oils that can assist with emotional strength and resilience.
1. Basil Essential Oil
- Extracted from the green leaves of the herb Ocimum basilicum
- Crisp, fresh, herbal aroma that is stimulating
- Balances, revives, and strengthens the senses
2. Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Extracted from the wood of the cedarwood tree
- Types: Atlas Cedarwood, Virginian Cedarwood, Himalayan Cedarwood, Texas Cedarwood
- Woody, sweet scent that is uplifting
- Grounds, calms, and combats feelings of negativity
3. Copaiba Essential Oil
- The oleoresin is extracted from the tree Copaifera officinalis by tapping or drilling holes in the trunk, this resin is then steam distilled to create the essential oil
- Copaiba oil has a smooth woody aroma that is comforting
- Helps to calm the mind and body from everyday stressors
4. Cypress Essential Oil
- Comes from the coniferous evergreen tree Cupressus sempervirens
- Woodsy aroma that helps rebalance and stabilize emotions
- Empowers one to take control and move forward
5. Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Extracted from the grass Cymbopagan flexuobus
- Lemongrass oil has a lemony aroma that is fresh and earthy
- Refreshes and stimulates the mind and body
6. Rose Essential Oil (or Rose Absolute)
- Comes from the flower petals of the popular garden shrub Rosa damascena, R. centifolia
- Known for its calming aroma and healing properties
- Increases feelings of vitality and mobilizes stagnant energy
7. Rosemary Essential Oil
- Extracted from the medicinal and culinary herb Rosmarinus officinalis
- Rosemary oil stimulates the nervous system and improves focus, memory and concentration
- Helps to build confidence and reconnect ones purpose
8. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
- Comes from the medicinal herb Origanum majarana
- Improves circulation, aids digestion, and acts as a pain reliever
- Gentle sedative oil that is perfect for relaxing during the evening
DIY Essential Oils Guide for Emotions
Get the guide that is full of helpful tips and uses for adding essential oils for your emotions to your daily routine. Live a healthy and well balanced life with the assistance of essential oils.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blends for Strength
Try on of these essential oil blends for emotional strength. Add one of these aromatherapy recipes below to a diffuser with recommended water for your diffuser tank. Turn on the machine and enjoy the aroma. I like to use a 100-200 ml water tank diffuser but you can use whatever size you prefer.
Life is Rosy
Diffuse 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time, read more about how long to diffuse oils.
It is best not to apply undiluted essential oils onto the skin. When using essential oils topically on the skin, be sure to dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
Using essential oils can improve a person’s emotional, physical, and mental state. For best results, make sure you use pure essential oils and learn how to use them properly.
Essential Oils for Emotions Guide
Learn how to harness the power of essential oils for emotional wellness in this guide by Jennifer Lane, Loving Essential Oils Owner & Certified Aromatherapist:
Share on Pinterest