Essential oils are widely used today for all types of physical ailments like cuts, headaches, pain, rashes, bruises and more. Lets take a closer look at using essential oils for strength and see how they can help us emotionally.
Aromatic scents can open up our minds and effect our emotions. They can empower us and improve confidence and strength. Before we go over the best essential oils, here is more to learn about emotional strength.
What is Emotional Strength?
Strength is one of the most desired emotions. According to Psychology Today, Emotionally Strong People...
- are less discouraged by setbacks and disappointments.
- are more adaptable to change.
- are able to recognize and express their needs.
- focus on getting around a hurdle rather than on the hurdle itself.
- can learn from mistakes and criticism.
- tend to see the larger perspective in a challenging situation.
- are able to recover more quickly from emotional wounds such as failure or rejection.
Best Essential Oils for Strength
When I read the list above, the fourth ability really resonates with me, "focus on getting around the hurdle instead of the hurdle itself". So many times I have focused on a problem instead of focusing on how to get around the problem.
Many times it is about perception and mindset. Here are 8 essential oils that can assist with emotional strength and resilience.
1. Basil Essential Oil (Sweet Basil, Basil Linalool)
- Avoid during pregnancy/lactation
- Extracted from the green leaves of the herb Ocimum basilicum
- Crisp, fresh, herbal aroma that is stimulating
- Balances, revives, and strengthens the senses
- Related Post: Basil Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
2. Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Extracted from the wood of the cedarwood tree
- Types of Cedarwood: Atlas Cedarwood, Virginian Cedarwood, Himalayan Cedarwood, Texas Cedarwood
- Woody, sweet scent that is uplifting
- Grounds, calms, and combats feelings of negativity
3. Copaiba Essential Oil
- The oleoresin is extracted from the tree Copaifera officinalis by tapping or drilling holes in the trunk, this resin is then steam distilled to create the essential oil
- Copaiba oil has a smooth woody aroma that is comforting
- Helps to calm the mind and body from everyday stressors
4. Cypress Essential Oil
- Comes from the coniferous evergreen tree Cupressus sempervirens
- Woodsy aroma that helps rebalance and stabilize emotions
- Empowers one to take control and move forward
5. Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Caution with pregnancy/lactation
- Extracted from the grass Cymbopagan flexuobus
- Lemongrass oil has a lemony aroma that is fresh and earthy
- Refreshes and stimulates the mind and body
6. Rose Essential Oil (or Rose Absolute)
- Comes from the flower petals of the popular garden shrub Rosa damascena, R. centifolia
- Known for its calming aroma and healing properties
- Increases feelings of vitality and mobilizes stagnant energy
7. Rosemary Essential Oil
- Extracted from the medicinal and culinary herb Rosmarinus officinalis
- Rosemary oil stimulates the nervous system and improves focus, memory and concentration
- Helps to build confidence and reconnect ones purpose
- Related Post: Rosemary Oil for Emotional Support
8. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
- Comes from the medicinal herb Origanum majarana
- Improves circulation, aids digestion, and acts as a pain reliever
- Gentle sedative oil that is perfect for relaxing during the evening
- Related Post: Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Recipes
DIY Essential Oils Guide for Emotions
Get the guide that is full of helpful tips and uses for adding essential oils for your emotions to your daily routine. Live a healthy and well balanced life with the assistance of essential oils.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blends for Strength
Try one of these essential oil blends for emotional strength. Add one of these aromatherapy recipes below to a diffuser with recommended water for your diffuser tank.
Turn on the machine and enjoy the aroma. I like to use a 100 to 200 ml water tank diffuser, but you can use whatever size you prefer and adjust the drops as desired.
Life is Rosy
Not only do essential oils make your home smell great, but they also have many therapeutic benefits. This diffuser blend is perfect for when you need an extra boost of energy or courage. Peppermint essential oil is a favorite for energy boosting!
Inner Strength Diffuser Blend
Having inner strength is like having a secret weapon. It can help you get through anything, no matter how challenging it may be. And while some people are naturally strong, others have to work a little bit harder to find their inner power. Thankfully, essential oils can help! Try this oil blend specifically designed for strengthening your inner self!
We all have days where we feel like we can't take on the world. On these days, it can be helpful to have a diffuser blend that helps us stand tall. This recipe is designed to help you feel empowered and resilient, no matter what life throws your way. Give it a try!
Looking for a way to improve your mood in the morning so you can get through the day? A diffuser blend might be just what you need! This oil blend is designed to help ease stress and promote positive emotions. It's easy to make, and can be enjoyed any time of day. Create this simple but uplifting aromatherapy blend, have it ready in your diffuser the night before so you can just turn it on in the morning!
FYI: This strength blend is perfect for topical use too. Dilute this blend and apply it for arthritis or pain relief, like to the back, feet, knees, neck, joint, even the jaw.
If you're like me, you love the smell of essential oils. They can instantly make a room feel more cozy and inviting. This blend is made up of rosemary, cypress, and basil essential oils. Put it on when you need help to brighten your mood and chase away any negative thoughts.
Diffuse 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time, read more about how long to diffuse oils.
It is best not to apply undiluted essential oils onto the skin. When using essential oils topically on the skin, be sure to dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
Using essential oils can improve a person’s emotional, physical, and mental state. For best results, make sure you use pure essential oils and learn how to use them properly.
Final Thoughts on Essential Oils for Emotions and Strength
By taking the time to understand how essential oils can be used to help manage emotions and strength, readers can take steps to improve their mental health and wellbeing. With a better understanding of which oils can be used to address a particular emotional state, readers can more easily find the right blend and experience the desired results.