Improve the health of your home with this non-toxic green cleaning spray recipe. It uses only natural ingredients. Free yourself from toxic overload. It doesn’t take much, just a glass spray bottle and four ingredients.
You inhabit your home, you don’t want your environment full of toxins, and I know you do not want them around your children or pets.
I let my kids clean with this green essential oil cleaning spray recipe. How many store bought cleaners would you let your kids use?
Green Cleaning Ingredients
I saw a commercial the other day for a brand-name bleach and it was boasting about how the smell of this brand-name bleach means clean. To me the smell of bleach does not smell clean, it smells toxic. It makes me cough and have difficulty breathing.
You don't have to use these toxic cleaners, you have other options.
Lemon and Melaleuca (aka tea tree) essential oils naturally kill germs while leaving only a fresh aroma. You can have peace of mind that no chemicals will be left behind!
Vinegar is a popular green cleaning ingredient. It is inexpensive, neutralizes odors, and is non-toxic. Buy the big jug of this stuff because you will need it, plus it is a super cheap cleaning ingredient.
White vinegar is used in many natural cleaning recipes because it is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. Plus it can cut grease and grime and dissolve mineral deposits.
*Avoid using on natural stone surfaces like granite, marble or soapstone because the acid can damage these natural surfaces over time.
DIY Green Cleaning Spray Recipe
- 14 drops Lemon essential oil
- 14 drops Tea Tree oil (aka Melaleuca)
- 3/4 cup Distilled Water
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 8 oz Trigger Spray bottle
- Add all ingredients into spray bottle.
- Place spray top on bottle, then shake well to mix.
- Shake bottle before each use to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
Use Lemon and Melaleuca green cleaner to clean and disinfect everything in your house like countertops, toilet, stove, microwave, door handles, light switches and so much more.
Not only does this cleaning spray leave a wonderful fresh smell instead of a toxic chemical smell, it will also leave money in your wallet because it is low cost.
Essential Oil Recipe Tips
- This cleaning spray recipe is good for 1-2 weeks.
- Lemon & tea tree essential oil are excellent choices for this recipe but you can try different essential oils in this recipe.
- Water and oil do not mix. Make sure to shake bottle well before each use to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- When using essential oils for your health and wellness, be sure to use only high quality essential oils.
DIY Essential Oil Cleaning Recipes Guide
While cleaning is not one of my things, homemade cleaning can actually be fun. I enjoy any reason to use my essential oils so having DIY cleaning recipes using essential oils makes me happy.
Once you make over your cleaning routine you will enjoy a naturally clean home that is environmentally friendly and safe for your family.
Share On Pinterest
More Cleaning Recipes & Posts to Enjoy
- DIY Toilet Fizzing Powder
- Fall Breeze Essential Oil Cleaning Spray
- Fan Favorite Essential Oils for Cleaning
- Essential Oils for the Bathroom with Recipes
- 20 Essential Oil Cleaning Recipes