Daily environmental stress, seasonal changes, and beauty tools can leave hair dull and lifeless. Pamper your locks with this simple DIY Essential Oil Hair Mask. Homemade hair masks can be done at home to improve the shine and manageability of hair.
Let's look a little closer at the ingredients and find out how to make this spa-worthy haircare recipe at home.
Coconut Oil for Hair Mask
Coconut oil works great for a homemade hair mask. this popular oil is a favorite all-natural beauty product that most people have in their homes. It can nourish and moisturize the scalp and hair due to its high fatty acids content. Here is my favorite brand.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair:
- Conditions dry, damaged hair
- Makes dull hair shiny
- Can tame frizzy hair
- Removes sebum build-up
- Stimulates hair growth
- Nourishes the scalp
- Reduce hair breakage
Essential Oils for Hair Mask
This recipe uses lavender and rosemary essential oil. They blend beautifully together and offer lots of benefits for hair.
Rosemary Oil for Hair
Rosemary is known as a hair restorative and thickener. Rosemary oil encourages hair growth and can improve scalp circulation. It may also help with itchy scalp and dandruff.
Lavender Essential Oil for Hair
Lavender is a beloved gentle and calming oil with amazing natural healing properties. It's useful for scalp inflammation and dryness. Lavender essential oil also has antimicrobial properties that can help prevent bacteria and fungi. One study found that it could help prevent head lice.
Other Essential Oil Substitutes to Try in Hair Mask:
- Tea Tree Oil
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Peppermint Oil
Essential Oil Hair Mask Recipe
This recipe can be used as frequently as once per week, it is good for one hair treatment. You can make this blend in advance and storage in a small glass jar. Size 1 oz fits one treatment, buy them here.
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil and essential oils, blend well together. Virgin coconut oil is best used at room temperature for easier mixing and applying to hair.
- Dampen hair with water, you can do this with a spray bottle filled with water.
Place a towel over the shoulder to protect clothes, then coat mixture onto hair using hands or a brush, comb through to distribute evenly.
- Let the mask sit on hair for 30 minutes, you may wish to cover hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse the mask off hair, then shampoo and conditioner hair as you normally would.
More DIY Essential Oil Beauty Recipes
- Rosehip Oil Nail Serum Recipe
- DIY Apple Cider Hair Rinse
- Homemade Hair Serum
- How to Make Massage Soap
Share on Pinterest