Here is a quick recipe to beautify your hair. Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse is a fabulous way to remove build up in your hair from daily hair product usage and return it to luxurious and super shiny hair.
This hair rinse recipe is also great for improving scalp health, strengthening hair, and enhancing shine.
Apple Cider Vinegar (AVC)
Apple cider vinegar is a very popular home remedy for many conditions. One benefit is that it can balance scalp and hairs natural PH.
It also works as a hair detangler and revitalizes your hair. This leaves hair soft, smooth and shiny!
Here is my favorite apple cider vinegar, it contains the mother...this gives you all the wonderful benefits you want:
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is a favorite for all things skin and hair. It can be a valuable and safe option to add to your hair care routine. Some studies show it may promote hair growth.
Lavender oil is also beneficial for scalp health. It is renowned for its ability to heal the skin, whether it be itching, rashes, irritations, infections, and other types of damage. This is due to its many therapeutic properties that include:
- edema reducing
- broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary typically has a strong, fresh and herbal aroma. It is a favorite oil for dandruff and hair loss. It is also known to be naturally astringent, helping to regulate the oily secretions of the hair follicles.
For all natural hair care, you can add a drop of rosemary oil to a mall amount shampoo before washing your hair. It’s such a refreshing feeling and will really give you a boost in the morning from smelling the aroma.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
This recipe makes one treatment for your hair, you can use it as a pre-shampoo treatment to remove build up, or as a hair conditioner after shampooing hair.
- 3/4 cup filtered or purified water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- Clean bottle or spray bottle (8 ounces)
- Place apple cider vinegar in clean bottle.
- Add the water and stir or shake well.
- Add lavender and rosemary essential oils, stir or shake again until well blended.
To use as a pre-shampoo treatment:
It is easiest to use a spray bottle for application if using before getting in the shower. Spray onto hair and scalp, allow to sit on hair for 5-10 minutes then rinse with cool water. Wash hair normally.
To use as a hair conditioner:
If I am in the shower, I like to pour the rinse from an open jars or bottle because it is faster. Pour onto hair and scalp after shampooing, be sure to tilt head back to keep the rinse from your face and eyes. Allow to sit for 2-5 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
Tips for Using Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
- Be sure to always dilute ACV with water before applying to hair, scalp, or skin. If the rinse seems too strong, try cutting the vinegar amount in half.
- Avoid getting ACV in eyes. If it happens, wash out with water immediately.
- For best results, always rinse with cool water to help seal the hair ends and lock in moisture, this can also prevent frizz.
- I like to use filtered water for this recipe, I have a shower head filter that I use (I have hard water so it really helps). Or you can use purified water, it is just tap water that has been brought to a boil and then allowed to cool.
- Don't overuse this rinse, start with once per week and see how your hair and scalp respond.
- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acids and can irritate or burn the skin. If irritation occurs, stop using or use less ACV.
More Essential Oil Recipes
- Essential Oil Recipes for Energy
- Pretty in Pink Essential Oil Bath Salt
- 20 Best Fall Essential Oil Blends
- Lavender Massage Oil Recipe
- Essential Oils for Digestion with DIY Recipes
Save On Pinterest
50 DIY Spray Recipes Guide - Get NOW: