I am giving you one of my favorite recipes. It is what I use to start my day off with in the shower and WOW I just love it. I call it Sweet Awakening and once you smell it, you will understand why.
Foaming soaps and body washes are a great way to use essential oils everyday. The base for homemade foaming soaps is castile soap. Click here for my favorite brand, the large bottle will last a long time, especially when used with our foaming soap bottles, see special offer below.
Recipe includes fractionated coconut oil to help moisturize skin, it also makes the foam come out of the pump better too. Vitamin E oil was added as well for additional skin care benefits.
Sweet Awakening Foaming Body Wash
- 2 tablespoons Unscented Castile Soap
- 1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 10 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil (Citrus paradisi)
- 8 drops Fennel Essential Oil (Foeniculum vulgare)
- 1 cup Distilled Water
- 10 oz Foaming Bottle
- Add castile soap, fractionated coconut oil, vitamin E oil and essential oils to foaming bottle and swirl bottle to blend together.
- Add water to bottle, place on top and shake well to blend. Be sure to label bottle.
To use: Pump foam into hands and cleanse body, rinse well.
Grapefruit oil is phototoxic. Tisserand and Young recommend a dermal maximum of 4% to avoid risk of phototoxic reaction.
Tisserand and Young indicate that Fennel Oil is contraindicated for pregnancy, breastfeeding, endometriosis, estrogen-dependent cancers, and children under 5.
Avoid using any essential oil that has oxidized due to a greater risk of skin sensitization.
Reading more safety details in Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young book - Essential Oil Safety
Need Ingredients? Click Pictures: