As many of you know, I would much rather make homemade essential oil blends than buy premade blends. I will also admit that there are times when having a premade blend ready is really nice. Germ Fighter Essential Oil was the one oil blend that I bought when the quarantine hit...I already had a stockpile of single essential oils so no problems there ;)
When I found out that I wouldn't be able to see my parents for a while, I shipped a bottle of germ fighter oil along with a diffuser from amazon to their home. I wanted to ensure that they could enjoy the immune boosting and air cleansing benefits of diffusing essential oils in their home. They were very thankful for the unexpected gift and my dad is really enjoying the cinnamon aroma of the blend (he is a somewhat essential oil skeptic).
What is in Germ Fighter Essential Oil?
Germ Fighter Essential Oil is a premade synergy blend from Plant Therapy. It is their germ-busting blend that is a favorite during winter time and seasonal threats, but it can be used all year long. It helps support and strengthen the body and overall wellbeing.
Germ Fighter is a 100% pure, undiluted essential oil blend that contains:
- Lemon essential oil - Citrus x limon
- Clove Bud essential oil - Syzygium aromaticum
- Cinnamon Cassia essential oil - Cinnamomum cassia
- Eucalyptus essential oil - Eucalyptus globulus
- Rosemary essential oil - Rosmarinus officinalis
Here is Plant Therapy's description of the blend:
It is so important to keep your body on alert against attacks to your immune system. Whether it’s keeping your hands clean, or warding off seasonal threats going around the office or school by keeping your body on attack, Germ Fighter will give you that extra protection you need. Plus, it smells great!
A synergy blend of essential oils is the combination of two or more single oils to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.
To ensure the quality of Plant Therapy oils, every single oil is GC/MS tested by third-party experts, and those results are open to the public.
How to Use Germ Fighter Essential Oil
- Diffusing is one great way to use Germ Fighter. Just add 4-8 drops to your diffuser with recommended water and turn it on. It is best to diffuse at 30 minute intervals.
- Drop 6-10 drops on the scent pad of an essential oil car diffuser and enjoy the aroma while driving.
- Place one drop on a diffuser necklace for a comforting and grounding feeling.
- Mix one drop of Germ Fighter into one tablespoon of carrier oil or unscented lotion and massage into your feet before bed.
- Create an air freshener room spray by adding 12 drops of blend to 2 oz spray bottle with 1 tablespoon grain alcohol (as preservative), swirl to mix together. Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. Shake well to blend and before each use. Spritz in room to freshen the air.
Germ Fighter Safety Precautions
Do not use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Do not use undiluted on the skin. Clove and Cinnamon Bark are considered "hot" oils. This just means that these oils can be irritating to the skin and need to be well diluted with a carrier oil prior to topical application. For topical use, dilute to 0.5% - 2%.
Hot oils are best to avoid the delicate skin of young children because they are too strong. For a germ-fighting essential oil blend that is safe for kids, try Plant Therapy's Germ Destroyer.
Germ Fighter Essential Oil Reviews
Here are a few customer reviews for Germ Fighter Blend:
"Germ Fighter came into our world many years ago and is the single most used synergy we have. It is still my husband's favorite anytime because of the cinnamon, fresh scent. It is loved by all of us in cold and flu season. It is an all-around enjoyable scent and EO powerhouse." -Leah
"This blend is so amazing and my absolute favorite for the diffuser :)" -Annie
"Wow. What a fabulous blend; for scent and effectiveness! I was going to try and come up with my own blend and decided to bite the bullet and get this one. Boy was that the best decision ever!" -Sherrie
"This blend is my biggest go-to when we are concerned with colds and flu. I diffuse it as well as use it in a roller ball. I recommend this to anyone asking me what oil to use for cold or flu. It's one of the best!!" -Diane
DIY Germ Fighter Diffuser Blend
OK, I just couldn't help it. If you insist on making your own immunity boosting blend, here is a great homemade version to diffuse.
- 2 drops Clove Oil
- 2 drops Lemon Oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark or Cassia Oil
- 1 drop Eucalyptus Oil (any type)
- 1 drop Rosemary Oil
Directions: Add essential oil drops to your aromatherapy diffuser with recommended water for the tank. Turn diffuser machine on and enjoy.