It’s one of the simplest and most inexpensive facial treatments you can do in the comfort of your own home.
Not only will it leave your face feeling purified and cleansed, but also has a moisturizing effect that will give you the ultimate glow.
If you haven’t used the the fabulous powers of facial steam yet… then you are in for a treat!
What is Facial Steam?
The ancient Greeks and Romans were onto something! Steam treatments date back centuries ago and have long since been used as a health and beauty treatment.
The temperatures used in steam facials, about 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius), cause you to sweat. As a result, you purify your body’s largest organ!
Facial steam is just how it sounds… steam… that is applied to your face!
Benefits of Facial Steam
Cleaner and clearer skin is just a facial steam away!
Check out these fabulous health benefits of facial steam:
- Clears Up Acne: Steam softens the top layer of your skin and helps free dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria that cause irritations and breakouts.
- Helps Detox: Steaming increases perspiration and stimulates blood circulation. Sweating helps your body clear wastes and toxins… and will give you a warm glow in the process!
- Fights Aging Skin: Steaming promotes blood flow and helps deliver nutrients and oxygen to your skin cells. This helps fill out fine lines and wrinkles and rejuvenates your face.
- Deep Cleans Skin: Facial steaming is an excellent method to deep clean your skin naturally and remove dirt, dead skin cells, and bacteria.
- Prevents Dry Skin: The heat and moisture from the steam allows your skin to be more absorbent. As a result, skin care products can be deeply absorbed and keep your skin hydrated.
How To Facial Steam at Home
With just a few simple and common items, you can easily do facial steaming at home.
Here are a few TIPS if it is your first time:
Check the water’s temperature: Professionals recommend 110 degree Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius)
SLOWLY get closer to the steam to ensure you don’t burn yourself:
- Start at a distance that is comfortable to you.
- Professionals recommend around 18 inches and work your way to no closer than 12 inches.
- Getting too close can lead to broken capillaries due to increased blood flow so make sure to use caution.
Now let’s get started on your at-home facial steaming. Follow these steps to experience a relaxing, beautifying, and spa-like treatment:
1. Wash your Face: This frees your pores and removes makeup or dirt blocking the way.
2. Prepare Equipment: Boil water and check its temperature. When ready, pour the water into a bowl. Prepare a towel to cover your head.
3. Ready, set, STEAM: Tie back your hair if needed and then lean your face over the steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Gently Exfoliate: For best results, follow up your facial steaming by gently exfoliating your face. Apply a moisturizer after to keep your skin smooth and hydrated.
Want an even more incredible at-home spa experience during your facial steaming?
Just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to amp up the experience! We recommend:
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis)
- Lemon (Citrus limon)
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
- Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin)
Share on Pinterest