Left, right, left.
What if I were to tell you that they were the only 2 words you need to get a healthy and fit body?
Step aside fancy machines and equipment because it’s time to get back to the basics.
Not only can you get started right this minute, but it’s practically an activity that you can do anytime… and ANYWHERE!
Here is all you have to do…
That’s right. Let’s take a closer look at:
How To Walk Your Way To A Fit Body
All walking is not created equal. Walking for fitness requires a bit more time and attention to get the results your desire:
1. Have Good Form
- Great posture is key so make sure you are standing tall with your shoulders back.
- Keep your head forward and let your arms naturally swing.
- Use a heel-to-toe stride.
- Engage your abs and hip flexors to move your legs.
2. Keep It Moving
- Walking for fitness requires you to keep a brisk pace (finishing a mile in less than 14 minutes)
- To start, use intervals to work on your endurance:
- Walk briskly for a given time period (1 minute, 1 song, 5 minutes - YOU choose!)
- Walk at a normal pace for a given time period of your choice.
- Alternate between brisk walking and normal walking, aiming to INCREASE the brisk walking time period by a little each day!
3. Kick It Up a Notch
- Once you become a champ at walking at a brisk pace, it’s time to pump up your fitness by adding:
Take It One Step Further
Now, let’s be real for a moment. NO amount of walking will get you a fit body if you continue to eat junk food.
Therefore, it’s also important to focus on eating healthy WHOLE foods. What does this mean?
Whole foods are foods that are free from additives or other artificial substances and have been minimally processed. For example:
- Nuts & Seeds
On a final note, don’t forget to spend at least a few minutes stretching after each walk! If you need a quick stretching routine, watch this video of Best Walking Stretches:
More Natural Health Posts To Enjoy:
- 5 Ways Meditation Can Positively Benefit Your Health
- 3 Simple Yoga Accessories You Need To Boost Your Workout
- How To Get Better Skin With Less Effort
- 6 All Natural Sleep Remedies for Insomnia
- 5 Surprising Ways Yoga Can Affect Your Life Positively
Author Bio: Lindsay Sibson
Lindsay turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plane in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging, and "figuring it out" step by step.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to unleash their adventurous spirit, discover a world of possibilities, and design life in their own unique way. Follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/traveloholic).