Do you like honey? Have you used it as more than just a sweetener?
Since ancient times, people have used honey to treat various health conditions. When I learned about all the honey benefits, I was really shocked.
I love honey and only recently realized that I had been eating the wrong kind. I also thought honey was just a sweet enhancer made by bees, boy was I wrong.
Honey provides more than a taste for the sweet tooth, natural honey benefits your health and your body inside and out.
In order to reap the full benefits that honey has to offer, you must choose raw honey. Look for "100% Raw" on the label, it is the highest quality natural honey available, here is the brand we like.
The raw version has not been filtered or pasteurized, which means that it has not been stripped of its powerful vitamins and minerals.
Most store bought, commercialized honey has been pasteurized by heating to high temperatures. This destroys all the beneficial properties and removes most of the pollen.
Bee pollen may be one of the most complete foods available because of its antioxidant content and high amino acid. Check out the benefits you can enjoy by using raw honey.
10 Natural Honey Benefits:
- Great source of carbohydrates – It releases steady energy into the body for a longer time than simple carbohydrates, no sugar high and then crash
- High nutritional value – Good sources of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and carbohydrates
- Positive effects on sleep – A spoonful before bedtime will allow a slow release of glycogen necessary for essential bodily functions during sleep
- Counters pollen allergies – Helps to ward off your allergies naturally
- Heart healthy – Reduces homocysteine levels to maintain a healthy heart
- Contains powerful antioxidants – Helps with free radical which are responsible for breaking down cells causing aging effects
- Boosts immune system – Acts as a preventative against many diseases
- Healing properties – Soothes and heals skin wounds, blemishes, wrinkles, dry skin and more
- Weight loss benefits – Raw honey actually helps reduce fat buildup and works to metabolize cholesterol
- Soothes cough – A spoonful of honey can calm a cough
Raw honey is a perfect staple to have in your home, not only does it have a long shelf life and it doesn't require refrigeration. It can be used in many ways, from cooking to DIY beauty treatment to health remedies. Enjoy your path to nutritional sweetness!
Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Raw Honey for Skin
Most people are familiar with the benefits of raw honey for health, but did you know that raw honey also has some pretty amazing benefits for skin? If you're looking for a natural way to improve your skin's appearance, then raw honey may be just what you need!
Here are just a few of the ways that raw honey can benefit your skin:
Raw honey is a natural antibacterial
This means that it can help to fight acne-causing bacteria and keep your skin looking clear and blemish-free. Simply apply a small amount of raw honey to your face and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with warm water. You can do this once or twice per week as needed.
Raw honey is also a natural exfoliant
This means that it can help to slough away dead skin cells, revealing the healthy, glowing skin underneath. To use raw honey as an exfoliant, simply mix it with a little bit of warm water and massage it onto your face in circular motions. Rinse well with warm water afterwards. You can do this once or twice per week as needed.
Raw honey is also incredibly moisturizing
This means that it can help to heal dry, damaged skin and give you a healthy, radiant complexion. Simply mix equal parts raw honey and olive oil and apply it to your face like you would a regular moisturizer. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with warm water. You can do this once or twice per week as needed.
We have used honey in a few of our recipes, check them out:
- All Natural Face Mask For Smoother Skin
- Honey Sugar Scrub Benefits & Recipes
- Honey Lavender Conditioning Hair Oil Treatment
As you can see, raw honey has some pretty incredible benefits for skin! If you're looking for a natural way to improve your complexion or your health, then give these tips a try. Your body will thank you!
Share On Pinterest:
Where to Buy Essential Oils?
Essential oils are great because not only do they make you feel good physically but mentally as well. I love having them around since they have so many benefits like clearing the air of bad odors and improving moods by releasing calming scents in your home or office!
We are frequently asked what essential oil brand we like, here are some of our favorites:
Here are more beauty ideas: