Do you like honey? Have you used it as more than just a sweetener?
Since ancient times, people have used honey to treat various health conditions. When I learned about all the honey benefits, I was really shocked.
I love honey and only recently realized that I had been eating the wrong kind. I also thought honey was just a sweet enhancer made by bees, boy was I wrong.
Honey provides more than a taste for the sweet tooth, natural honey benefits your health and your body inside and out.
In order to reap the full benefits that honey has to offer, you must choose raw honey. Look for "100% Raw" on the label, it is the highest quality natural honey available, here is the brand we like.
The raw version has not been filtered or pasteurized, which means that it has not been stripped of its powerful vitamins and minerals.
Most store bought, commercialized honey has been pasteurized by heating to high temperatures. This destroys all the beneficial properties and removes most of the pollen.
Bee pollen may be one of the most complete foods available because of its antioxidant content and high amino acid. Check out the benefits you can enjoy by using raw honey.
10 Natural Honey Benefits:
- Great source of carbohydrates – It releases steady energy into the body for a longer time than simple carbohydrates, no sugar high and then crash
- High nutritional value – Good sources of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and carbohydrates
- Positive effects on sleep – A spoonful before bedtime will allow a slow release of glycogen necessary for essential bodily functions during sleep
- Counters pollen allergies – Helps to ward off your allergies naturally
- Heart healthy – Reduces homocysteine levels to maintain a healthy heart
- Contains powerful antioxidants – Helps with free radical which are responsible for breaking down cells causing aging effects
- Boosts immune system – Acts as a preventative against many diseases
- Healing properties – Soothes and heals skin wounds, blemishes, wrinkles, dry skin and more
- Weight loss benefits – Raw honey actually helps reduce fat buildup and works to metabolize cholesterol
- Soothes cough – A spoonful of honey can calm a cough
Raw honey is a perfect staple to have in your home, not only does it have a long shelf life and it doesn't require refrigeration. It can be used in many ways, from cooking to DIY beauty treatment to health remedies. Enjoy your path to nutritional sweetness!
Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Honey
We have used honey in a few of our recipes, check them out:
- All Natural Face Mask For Smoother Skin
- Honey Sugar Scrub Benefits & Recipes
- Honey Lavender Conditioning Hair Oil Treatment
Share On Pinterest:
Here are more beauty ideas: