Foaming soaps and body washes are a great way to use essential oils everyday. In this post you will learn how to make a basic essential oil body wash, plus I will share 10 essential oil blends you can use to naturally scent your foaming body wash recipes with.
Essential oils have cleansing and refreshing properties that can help improve your overall complexion. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best essential oils for use in body wash. Keep reading to learn more!
This is a favorite diy recipe that I use and it is a staple in my daily essential oil routine.
Benefits of Essential Oil Body Wash
Foaming wash is really a wonderful body cleanser because it requires no rubbing in, the foam glides onto skin easily and leaves skin scented with essential oils.
What I love about this recipe is that it makes a small batch in a mini foaming bottle. The small size allows me a few great benefits:
- The mini size can be used within 1-2 weeks so I can keep my recipe fresh and free of contaminants.
- I like the small batch because then I can try another recipe blend. It's a fun way to try new oil scents and blends.
- It helps me keep my daily routine positive and uplifting, something to look forward to when trying to roll out of bed in the mornings.
- It's an all natural and low cost option. No need to buy costly store or spa cleansing products.
- Doesn't take up much space, so if you have a small shower, this recipe is ideal.
Below I share my favorite essential oil blend that I call Sweet Awakenings with grapefruit and fennel essential oil. It is one I like to start my day off with in the shower and WOW I just love it. Once you smell it, you will understand why.
Foaming Body Wash Ingredients
Choose from gentle, organic ingredients for a luxurious bathing experience each and every time. Essential oils are not just for aromatherapy; they also have therapeutic properties to keep skin looking and feeling healthy, so you get all the benefits of essential oils with a deep cleanse that won't cause irritation.
The ingredients that make up this recipe are ingredients that I like to always have available, especial when making DIY Essential Oil Recipes. Recipe includes:
There are many benefits to using castile soap as a body wash. Castile soap is a natural and environmentally friendly product that is made from vegetable oils. It is non-toxic and gentle on the skin, making it a good choice for people with sensitive skin.
Castile soap is also a good choice for people who want to avoid harsh chemicals. It makes a perfect natural skin cleanser and is the base for homemade foaming soaps and body washes. Find out more about castile soap uses.
Do you like to use body wash instead of bar soap? If you do, then you know that it's important to have a way to dispense the body wash. A lot of people just use their hand, but that can be messy. Foaming bottles for body wash are the perfect way to dispense your body wash without making a mess.
A foaming bottle is required for this recipe. It is amazing how much foam can be created with foaming bottles, very cost effective. You can find foaming bottles on amazon.
Vegetable glycerin is made from plant oils and is known for its hydrating properties. It can help keep your skin soft and healthy. Plus, it's affordable and easy to find online or at health food stores.
Use vegetable glycerin in your body wash to help moisturize skin, it also makes the foam come out of the pump better too. Read more about the benefits of vegetable glycerin.
Witch hazel is a shrub that grows in North America and has long been used for its medicinal properties. It's thought to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, which can benefit your skin and improve your complexion.
Use witch hazel (instead of water) for additional skin care benefits, its a great astringent agent. Learn more about using witch hazel for skin.
Essential Oils to add an all natural aroma as well as additional aromatherapy and skincare benefits. Essential oils work great in homemade body wash! Not only do they smell amazing, but they also have therapeutic properties that can benefit your skin.
Adding Essential Oil for Body Wash
Lavender oil is a great essential oil to use in body wash because it has a relaxing scent that can help to calm the mind and body. Tea tree oil is another great essential oil to use in body wash because it has antibacterial properties that can help to keep the skin clean and healthy.
Peppermint oil is a favorite essential oil to use in body wash because it has a refreshing scent that can help to revitalize the skin and energize the mind. It is best to limit the drops of peppermint oil in your body wash as the oil contains menthol which can be too strong for sensitive body parts.
Best Essential Oils for Body Wash
Adding essential oils to your body wash is a great way to clean, suds up and lather without harsh chemicals that can dry out the skin. Not only do essential oils invigorate the senses, they also nourish and protect skin as you bathe.
There are many essential oils that can be added to body wash, depending on the desired outcome. Some of the best essential oils for body wash include lavender oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil. These oils have a variety of therapeutic benefits that can help improve the appearance and health of the skin.
Here are some favorite essential oils for body wash:
- Tea Tree
- Roman Chamomile
- Clary Sage
All of these essential oils can be added to a body wash recipe to create a homemade skincare product that is perfect for cleansing and refreshing the skin.
Essential Oil Foaming Body Wash Recipe
If you’re looking for a handmade body wash that will cleanse your skin and leave it feeling refreshed, then you may want to try an essential oil body wash.
- 1 tablespoon Unscented Castile Soap
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Glycerin
- 3 tablespoons Witch Hazel
- 10 to 12 drops Essential Oils
- Mini Foaming Bottle (size 50-60 ml, or 2 oz)
- Pick your essential oil blend from the recipes below, or decide what blend you want to make. You can even just start with a single essential oil, like lavender, tea tree, or orange.
- Add castile soap, vegetable glycerin, and essential oils to foaming bottle and swirl bottle to blend together.
- Add witch hazel, place on top and shake well to blend. Be sure to label bottle.
To use: Pump foam into hands and cleanse body, rinse off.
10 Essential Oil Foaming Body Wash Blends
Check out these essential oil foaming body wash blends! Made with simple ingredients, these body washes are perfect for cleansing your skin and restoring balance. Plus, they smell great too! Give one of them a try today.
1. Sweet Awakening
Here is a sweet blend of eye opening essential oils, add to your morning bathing routine.
Safety Precautions: Tisserand and Young indicate that Fennel Oil is contraindicated for pregnancy, breastfeeding, endometriosis, estrogen-dependent cancers, and children under 5.
2. Dressed Perfect
3. My Retreat
4. Gentle One
5. Everything I Need
6. Not Just Vanilla
7. Vanilla Spice
8. Clear Mind
9. Meditative State
General Essential Oil Safety Precautions
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, epileptic, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Learn more about essential oil safety.
- Never put in ears, eyes, or mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Keep out of reach from children and pets.
- Avoid using any essential oil that has oxidized due to a greater risk of skin sensitization.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted, dilute in a carrier oil first.
- If applying an essential oil topically (on your skin), you may perform an essential oil skin patch test.