Orange essential oil is a popular aromatherapy oil with a lovely, sweet aroma that smells just like freshly peeled oranges. When you need to boost immunity, calm nervous tension, or support digestive upset, try one of these orange essential oil inhaler recipes.
Orange Essential Oil Benefits and Uses
Do you love the smell of oranges? I know that I do! Pure orange essential oil is cold-pressed from orange peels.
Citrus oils are known for their uplifting properties and fresh scent, which is why they're used in aromatherapy blends. And because they come from plants, citrus oils are a 100% natural way to lift your mood or calm your nerves.
Here are some benefits of using orange essential oil:
- Supports the body's immune system
- Enhances feelings of well-being
- Offers a detoxifying effect
- Helps ease nervous tension
- Calms the digestive system and aids digestion
- Provides courage when overwhelmed
- Aids in restful sleep for adults and children
Learn more about Orange Essential Oil.
DIY Essential Oil Recipes Guide
Aromatherapy Recipes with Essential Oils Guide with 150+ Easy & Effective Recipe Blends by Jennifer Lane, Loving Essential Oils Owner & Certified Aromatherapist:
How to Make an Aromatherapy Inhaler
Making an essential oil inhaler is really simple. You will need a blank aromatherapy inhaler and your desired essential oils. An aromatherapy inhaler has a few parts that come with it. A wick that holds the oils, a tube and end cap that house the wick, and a cap that keeps the scent enclosed until ready for use. Here is how to make an essential oil inhaler:
- Add wick to a small bowl, then drop essential oils onto the wick
- Use tweezers to pick up the wick, then soak up any oil residual left in the bowl onto the wick
- Place the wick in blank inhaler and put on end cap (base)
- To use, place under nose and inhaler the aroma
Read more about aromatherapy inhalers plus get more recipes.
Orange Essential Oil Inhaler Recipes
There are many combinations of essential oils that can be used. If you are missing an oil, don't let that stop you, make a substitution or omit the oil. Here are 5 orange essential oil inhaler blends that I like:
1. Germ Fighting Inhaler
2. Journey To Wellness Inhaler
3. Soak In The Forest Inhaler
4. Blooming Citrus Inhaler
5. Align Inhaler
How to Use Essential Oil Inhalers
As an aromatherapist, I am always looking for ways to help people find relief from everyday stressors. Orange essential oil is one of my go-to solutions since it has such calming properties. Plus, using an aromatherapy inhaler is simple and straightforward.
The use of essential oil inhalers provides a targeted delivery method that can be used throughout the day when needed. It is also great for traveling or when you’re on the go since it’s small and discreet enough to fit in a pocket or purse.
All you need to do is add a few drops of the oil or oils of choice onto the cotton wick inside the inhaler. Once ready, inhale the vapors for a few minutes as needed.
This method can provide instant relief from congestion, allergies, and other respiratory issues, while also having calming effects on your mood.
Orange Essential Oil Combinations
You can experiment with different combinations of oils to create your own unique aromatherapy blend that fits your individual needs.
- Orange and Lavender for Stress Relief
- Orange and Eucalyptus for Improved Air Quality
- Orange and Peppermint for Energy and Focus
- Orange and Tea Tree for Improved Immunity
- Orange and Rosemary for Improved Cognitive Function
- Orange and Chamomile for Better Sleep
- Orange and Lemon for Digestion
- Orange and Bergamot for Natural Skin Care
- Orange and Ylang Ylang for Improved Mood
- Orange and Clary Sage for Hormonal Balance
Alternative Uses For Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil is an incredibly versatile product with a range of uses that extend far beyond inhalers. This essential oil can help to reduce stress and anxiety while promoting relaxation. Orange essential oil can also be used in a variety of ways around the home, from cleaning products to creating fragrances.
In aromatherapy, orange essential oil produces a bright and uplifting scent that can help to promote positivity and energy levels.
- Simply add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser with lemon for a purifying aroma.
- Mix it with peppermint and a carrier oil, like jojoba oil, for use in stimulating massage or body oil.
- Add a few drops of both lavender and orange into your bath water for a relaxing experience.
- Make your own room sprays and linen sprays using this natural oil, then spritz throughout your home for a refreshing scent that will help to lift the mood.
- Try adding some orange essential oil to homemade cleaning products for a pleasant fragrance while tackling household chores.
Whatever way you choose to use orange essential oil, you are sure to enjoy its many benefits, from reducing stress levels to creating beautiful scents around your home.
Final Thoughts On Orange Aromatherapy Inhalers
Orange essential oil is an amazing multi-purpose natural remedy that can be used in a variety of ways. With its many therapeutic benefits, it can be used to help respiratory issues such as congestion and allergies, improve moods, and even help with relaxation.
An easy way to take advantage of all the benefits of orange essential oil is to use an inhaler. An inhaler filled with orange essential oil will provide fast relief from respiratory symptoms, as well as improve your overall wellbeing.
Overall, using an orange essential oil inhaler is a great way to get all the amazing benefits of this versatile natural remedy without any hassle or mess. With just a few drops of this powerful oil you can improve your overall health and wellbeing!