The coconut tree is known as the tree of life in much of South Asia, Philippines and other tropical areas. It happens to be the most versatile health food, but coconut oil has numerous health and skin benefits as well.
Wondering how to use coconut oil? Keep reading to learn about some amazing benefits and uses of coconut oil. The following are few ways on how to use coconut oil for beauty purposes and health benefits too.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Health & Beauty:
- Coconut oil is non-greasy and absorbs quickly and therefore works great as a natural skin moisturizer. Use a small amount, warm up in hands and massage onto skin well.
- Use as a natural eye cream. You can dab a bit of coconut oil around eyes to prevent premature aging and leave it overnight. Combined with frankincense essential oil, it is great for anti-aging benefits.
- Coconut oil heals and nourished chapped lips. Take two tablespoons of beeswax and coconut oil each and 1 tablespoon of shea butter, warm slowly until it melts and store it in lip balm container and leave to set for 6 hours. Add lavender essential oil for additional healing of chapped lips.
- You can opt for a natural recipe for gentle face wash with coconut oil. Mix with tea tree oil, lavender oil and raw honey for best results.
- Coconut oil happens to be a natural sunscreen. It is SPF 4 actually, which is the best of nonvolatile herbal oils. Add a few drops of frankincense for additional protection. Will not protect for a full day of sun, for short-term use only. Use caution, exact time is unknown since there are many factors that come into play.
- Can be us as a sunburn remedy too. It promotes healing and soothes pain when applied topically to a sunburn. Add a few drops of peppermint to coconut oil to help cool the burning feeling.
- Use as massage oil. Relaxation brings freshness to your face and skin. It tends to be a soothing and conditioning massage oil which coupled with peppermint and lavender oil heals sores muscles and relaxes you.
- Your dry and cracked heels will find relief with coconut oil. Allow the oil to penetrate both heels, you could add essential oils too. Apply coconut oil to feet and heels before bed with chamomile oil added to it. Put socks on to keep the moisturizer on throughout night and the chamomile will help you sleep better.
- Use as a natural exfoliant when combined with organic coconut sugar or ground coffee beans. you could manifest a homemade exfoliator yourself in form of body or facial scrub helping in removal of dry skin.
- You could use it as a hair conditioner to nourish and strengthen your hair. Warm the oil in your hands and work into your hair starting at ends and working upward
- Simple and all natural eye makeup remover, take a dab and work into lids and lashes in a gentle circular motion. Wipe off with a warm cloth.
- Virgin coconut oil supports healthy kidneys and liver functioning and fights inflammation.
- Being rich in lauric, caprylic and capric acid, coconut oil has immense antibacterial and antiviral qualities which boosts immunity and makes your body equipped to respond.
- To reduce anxiety and getting good sleep, coconut oil acts as the perfect carrier oil for essential oil home remedies. Use with lavender, chamomile or juniper berry essential oil.
- Acting as a natural antibiotic, coconut oil helps in fighting bacteria that causes acne. Try mixing with tea tree oil and raw honey for effectiveness.
- Usage of coconut oil daily supports weight loss and helps the body in burning fat for energy. Take a tablespoon daily.
- Coconut oil destroys bacteria and promotes probiotics growth for healing gut. It is also easy to digest.
- New research proves that coconut oil medium chain fatty acids lower risk of heart diseases by lowering high blood pressure.
Share On Pinterest:
*The information provided here is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Post may include affiliate links. See full disclaimer.
Share this post
DIY Lavender Face Toner - Essential Oil Spray Recipe
Do you use a face toner in your skincare regimen? Face toners help cleanse, restore balance and refresh the skin. Ton...
Homemade Minty Orange Lip Gloss Roll On
Try this homemade lip gloss recipe for moist and soft lips during the drying winter months. It only requires 3 natura...
Fruit & Veggie Cleaning Spray Recipe With Essential Oils
There are several reasons you should wash your fruit and veggies before you eat them. Some reasons are germs, pestici...
Facial Steam Using Essential Oils
A facial steam will hydrate your skin and cleanse your pores. When you add essential oils you will also enjoy additi...
10 DIY Christmas Air Fresheners For The Holidays
Don't you just love the smell of Christmas? Fresh cut pine trees, spicy cider, crisp winter air, warm cookies, sweet...
Pretty In Pink Essential Oil Bath Salt
Bathing is a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. Not only is it cheap, but it is also an easy way to pam...