The New Year brings many resolutions and personal goals for one to tackle. Procrastination and lack of motivation can interfere with your new year intentions. Let these 12 essential oils for motivation assist you to attain your goals now, and any time during the year.
Moments of struggle are common when making changes and working toward your new goals and resolutions. Essential oils can give you the strength, vitality, and support you need.
Get inspired! Get motivated! Get going!!
Essential Oils for Motivation
1. Black Spruce
Picea mariana, OK for Kids 2+ Buy Here
- Forest fresh aroma is incredibly inspiring
- Promotes a stronger self-image
- Assists in letting go of stress
Eucalyptus globulus, Buy Here
- Reduces patterns of negative thinking
- Brings clarity and increase vitality
- Clears and uplifts especially when facing challenging times
Citrus paradisi, Phototoxic, OK for Kids 2+ Buy Here
- Renews the spirit and balances emotions
- Uplifting effects on the mind and body
- Eases tension from daily stress
Rosmarinus officinalis, Buy Here
- Increases feelings of self-confidence and self-worth
- Offers relief when overworked or fatigued
- Energizes the mind and body
Mentha piperita, Buy Here
- Awakens and refreshes the senses
- Improves concentration for the task at hand
- Restores feelings of comfort and ease
- Stimulates new ideas and creativity
Cymbopogon flexuosus, Caution with pregnancy/lactation Buy Here
- Sharpens mental clarity
- Has balancing effects on energy
- Gives an emotional boost when life is challenging
Canarium luzonicum, Buy Here
- Lemony, medicinal aroma has grounding and balancing effects
- Encourages positive thinking
- Perfect stress reducer and meditation oil
8. Black Pepper
Piper nigrum, OK for Kids 2+ Buy Here
- Energizing, spicy aroma that stimulates the senses
- Assists with mental fatigue and low energy
- Motivates change when change is needed
9. Sweet Orange
Citrus sinensis, OK for Kids 2+ Buy Here
- Sweet, fruity aroma provides courage when overwhelmed and inspires abundance
- Brings energy, brightness and positivity when emotionally down
- Promotes feelings of cheerfulness and vigor
10. Bergamot Mint
Mentha Citrata, OK for Kids 2+ Buy Here
- Fresh, fruity aroma with a hint of mint
- Promotes motivation and activity
- Evokes feelings of inspiration
- Combats everyday stress and tension
11. Lime (distilled)
Citrus aurantifolia, OK for Kids 2+ Buy Here
- Fresh scent lifts spirits and sharpens the mind
- Promote emotional balance and positive mood
12. Juniper Berry (Juniper)
Juniperus communis, OK for Kids 2+ Buy Here
- Woodsy yet sweet aroma reduces emotional and physical stress
- Provides emotional fortitude when overwhelmed
- Eases worries during trying time
How to Use Essential Oil for Motivation
- One easy way to enjoy the motivational essential oils is with an essential oil diffuser. Try diffusing any of the single oils in the list above. See what works for you and what aroma gives you inspiration. I also include some diffuser blends below to try and we have many more diffuser recipes.
Apply Oils to Skin
- Use essential oils topically on wrists, neck, shoulders, or upper chest. This way you will be able to inhale them as you are going about your day. Be sure to use properly diluted essential oils using a carrier oil. Recommended level is a 2% dilution for a healthy adult. That equals about 12 drops of essential oils per one ounce of carrier oil.
- If using a 10 ml roller bottle, for a 2% dilution you only need 4 drops of essential oil. For a 5% dilution, you only need 10 drops of essential oil. Add EOs and top the bottle off with a carrier oil like jojoba oil. Roller bottles are convenient and easy to make. Check out our motivated roll on recipe below.
Wear an Essential Oil Necklace
- While many people love using essential oils, not everyone does. With an essential oil diffuser necklace, I can keep the aroma in my personal space. This is only one reason I love essential oil jewelry.
DIY Motivation Essential Oil Recipes & Blends
Here I share several essential oil blends for motivation, I hope you enjoy!
Homemade Inspire Me Massage Blend
Inspiration lacking? Inhale this blend and let the magic happen
Directions: Add all ingredients into bottle, shake to blend. Massage onto arms, hands, chest and shoulders. Distilled lime is not phototoxic, so no worries! 2% dilution. Check out our Aromatherapy Massage Oil post for more massage oil recipe.
Motivated Roll On Recipe
Roll on this encouraging essential oil blend when you are feeling unproductive
Directions: Add all essential oils to roller bottle and top off with Jojoba Oil. Roll onto chest, neck, arms, & shoulders. 5% dilution. For a quick aromatic shower: roll this blend on upper chest and rub in right before steeping into shower. The oils will diffuse when hit by warm water.
Motivation Monday Diffuser Blend
Let this woodsy citrus aroma motivate your Monday. From out Diffuser Blends for Monday post.
Directions: Add essential oils to diffuser with recommended water.
Mind in Balance Inhaler Recipe
This trio of oils helps to balance emotions & energy
Directions: Add essential oils to cotton wick and insert into inhaler. Read more about using aromatherapy inhalers.
DIY Motivate Inhaler for Kids
These kid friendly oils can uplift and inspire
Directions: Add essential oils to cotton wick and insert into inhaler.
Share on Pinterest