This is a really simple recipe for Essential Oils Hand Soap scented with Autumn Bliss. Autumn Bliss is an essential oil blend of Sweet Orange, Cedarwood, and Ginger.
I LOVE easy DIY recipes and you will see how simple this one is. Homemade hand soaps are definitely a great way to include essential oils into your daily routine.
Essential Oils for Hand Soap
There are many essential oils that can be used for hand soaps. For this recipe I used Autumn Bliss blend, it is a wonderful fall aroma that I usually diffuse (I included the diffuser blend at the bottom of the post).
Here are the three oils that make up this blend:
Sweet Orange (or Wild Orange)
- The sweet, fruity aroma is relaxing and uplifting
- Promotes a bright and cheery optimistic feeling
- Restores physical energy
- Provides courage when overwhelmed
- Fosters creativity and inspires abundance
Cedarwood (any type)
- Cedarwood offers a clean and woody aroma
- Increases endurance during difficult times
- Supports confidence in challenging times
- Calms stress and promotes relaxation
- Acts as a sedative on the nervous system
- Ginger essential oil warms and stabilizes
- It's fresh, spicy aroma can calm anxious feelings
- Well known for being an excellent digestive aid
- Sharpens the senses
- Promotes courage and confidence
Hand Soap Ingredients
Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe vera gel leaves skin soft and silky without a sticky residue. Its gentle nature makes it great to use as a cleanser or include in homemade soap recipes.
- Aloe vera gel is not thick like a hair gel would be. It is actually a clear and thin, watery liquid... this is normal. It is not the same as aloe vera jelly.
- I don't buy my aloe vera gel from the store, many times those versions have additives. Plus, true aloe vera gel isn't green or thick like I mentioned above.
- We only recommend stuff we use and love. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a small commission if you buy through our links at no extra cost to you. Here is my favorite aloe vera gel:
- Castile soap lifts dirt and grime, cuts grease and tough stains. This is a must have for any DIY soap recipes.
- Perfect for hand soaps, laundry detergents, homemade dish soaps and other natural cleaning recipes.
- Dr. Bronners is my favorite unscented castile soap. It contains no synthetic preservatives, no detergents and no foaming agents. It also lasts a while because it is concentrated and is very cost effective cleanser.
How to Make Essential Oils Hand Soap
- 25 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 14 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 8 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 3/4 cup Unscented Castile Soap
- 8 oz Glass Pump Bottle
Step 1: Measure out Aloe Vera Gel into a 1 cup glass measuring cup.
Step 2: Add Unscented Castile Soap.
Step 3: Add essential oils to measuring cup and blend all ingredients together.
Step 4: Pour mixture into 8 oz glass pump bottle using a funnel.
To use: Wet hands, squirt one pump into palm of hands and rub together well. Rinse with warm water.
Free Printable Recipe Sheet
No email required! We hope you love this free printable and kindly ask that you share this page on your favorite social media site like pinterest, twitter, facebook or instagram so others can enjoy as well.
Autumn Bliss Diffuser Blend
- 5 drops Orange
- 3 drops Cedarwood
- 2 drops Ginger
Share on Pinterest