There’s nothing quite like the smell of fresh lavender to soothe your senses. Here is a simple and easy DIY lavender essential oil linen spray recipe called "Bed of Flowers". Whether you're winding down after a long day or trying to get to sleep, this floral essential oil blend is a natural relaxant.
This DIY project is easy and affordable, and the results are simply lovely. Keep reading for instructions on how to create your own essential oil linen spray with lavender, orange, and geranium.
Can I Make Linen Spray At Home?
Ever read the labels of bath and body care products available on the market? You may see words like "fragrance" or even "lavender" but unfortunately, they are probably synthetic fragrances and not essential oils.
One great reason to make homemade products is that you KNOW what is in the bottle. Lavender is also used with chamomile in our bedtime pillow spray recipe.
Essential Oil Linen Spray for Sleep
Linen sprays are a great way to freshen up your linens and bedding while encouraging zzz's thanks to the relaxing aroma of lavender. Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has so many positive benefits that it is a must-have essential oil that in my opinion, every household should have.
Not only can this DIY linen spray help reduce stress, ease anxiety, and promote better sleep, but it boasts antibacterial and antifungal properties too. It's a great, all-natural way to get rid of lingering odors.
Besides lavender oil, this blend contains geranium oil and sweet orange oil. It has a fresh, floral, clean, and calming scent that is sure to bring some life back to stale sheets.
Can I Use Lavender Essential Oil for Sleep?
All over the world, people are using lavender oil to improve their sleep. Lavender oil has a soothing and calming effect, which is why it's often used to promote relaxation and calmness. It's also a natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, which can help to promote healing.
One of the simplest ways to use lavender oil for sleep is to add a few drops to your pillowcase. You can also diffuse it in your bedroom, or put a few drops in your bathtub or shower before bed. Lavender essential oil can also be used to calm upset stomachs and relieve anxiety.
DIY Lavender Essential Oil Linen Spray - Bed of Flowers
Lavender essential oil has long been known for its calming and relaxing properties. Why not take advantage of its scent by making your own linen spray? This easy-to-follow tutorial will show you how to make your own lavender linen spray in just a few simple steps. Not only will the spray help to keep your linens smelling fresh, but it will also provide a soothing aroma that can help to promote relaxation and peace.
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Geranium Essential Oil
- 2 tablespoons of grain alcohol (or witch hazel)
- Distilled or Purified Water
- 4 oz Glass Spray Bottle
1. Combine grain alcohol and essential oils in the spray bottle and swirl bottle around until blended together.
2. Fill the rest of the bottle with water, leaving room at the top for the sprayer. Add spray top and shake well.
3. To use, shake well and lightly mist the linen spray over sheets, pillows, and bedding to freshen up your environment. Be sure to do at least 10 minutes before bedtime so they have a chance to dry.
Homemade Linen Spray Recipe Tips
- Be sure to label your spray including date made.
- If you omit the grain alcohol, you need to make a fresh batch after a few weeks because there are no preservatives in the spray.
- Need a substitute for geranium essential oil? Try another floral essential oil like rose, roman chamomile, or rose geranium. You could also omit geranium and just add more drops of orange and lavender. Lavender and orange blend well together. Read more about essential oil substitutes.
- You need to shake well before each use because water and oils do not mix.
- Time to change your sheets? That is a great time to mist the spray on your mattress!
- You can test a small area of fabric first if you have any concerns about the safe use of the spray on your linen.
- There are different types of lavender essential oils, you can use any type in this recipe
More Lavender Essential Oil Benefits
Lavender oil has been used for centuries for its medicinal and therapeutic benefits. Recent studies have shown that lavender oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, making it a great natural remedy for headaches, muscle pain, and other body aches.
Lavender oil is also a natural relaxant and can be used to help relieve stress and anxiety. In fact, lavender oil has been shown to be as effective as prescription medications in treating anxiety disorders. It can also be helpful in promoting relaxation and sleep.
Another great use for lavender oil is to help relieve digestive problems such as indigestion, upset stomach, and nausea. It can also be used to treat skin problems such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
Lavender oil is also a natural insect repellent, so it can be used to repel mosquitoes and other insects.
Conclusion on Lavender Oil Linen Spray
Lavender essential oil can help improve sleep quality and duration. It has a calming and relaxing effect on the mind and body, which can help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Lavender essential oil is great for linen spray recipes, I hope you enjoy this Bed of Flowers Linen Spray!
Where to Buy Essential Oils?
Essential oils are great because not only do they make you feel good physically but mentally as well. I love having them around since they have so many benefits like clearing the air of bad odors and improving moods by releasing calming scents in your home or office!
We are frequently asked what essential oil brand we like, here are some of our favorites: