‘Tis the most wonderful time of the year!
But, it can also be the most BUSY and chaotic time of the year in regards to balancing family, work, celebrations, and your sense of sanity.
If you find yourself feeling you have too much on your plate (and we aren’t talking about food here)... and if you are needing some “me time”, then check out these 7 ways to conquer holiday stress:
7 Ways To Conquer Holiday Stress
- Don’t underestimate the power of a long deep inhale and a slow and steady exhale. A lot of times when you are busy running around and feeling stressed your breathing becomes quick and shallow. However, if you focus on taking deep breaths you can instantly calm yourself down both mentally and physically.
Try these: 3 Deep Breathing Exercises To Reduce Stress & Anxiety
#2. Get in a QUICK Workout
- Give your body a jolt of feel-good endorphins by working out or taking a quick walk around the block. Exercise helps relieve tension and stress, as well as gives you a boost of energy to help fuel you during this busy time of year.
Read about How To Walk Your Way To A Fit Body
#3. Take 10 Minutes for an At-Home Spa Treatment
- All you need is a bowl of hot water and a fresh towel to give yourself a relaxing and rejuvenating steam facial that will detox your body and calm your mind.
#4. Be Grateful
- Hectic schedules and loaded “To Do” lists can overshadow the simple act of expressing gratitude for your life and everything in it! Take a few moments each night to write down 3 to 5 things you were thankful for throughout the day. Gratitude improves physical health, psychological health, and increases mental strength.
“Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” - Amy Collette
#5. Maintain Your Routine
- Make it a priority to stick to your routine as best as you can… especially those activities which keep you happy and healthy. Do your morning meditation. Go to your yoga class. Maintaining your routine during the holidays keeps a consistent structure and efficiency in your day to day life.
#6. Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff
- Focus on your family and forget about perfection. Things may not go exactly as planned but don’t let that deter you from what is truly important and special about the holiday season… spending time with loved ones and creating memories.
“Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” - Fitzhugh Mullan
#7. Chill Out With Your Favorites
- Fill your ears, heart, and mind with things that bring you joy by listening to your favorite music, watching a holiday movie, or snuggling up with a book you love. These activities helps relax blood vessels and increase blood flow. As a result, you will feel calm and peaceful.
- Diffuse or inhale your favorite essential oils to keep the stress away. Check out our 10 Simple Aromatherapy Blends For Peace
Use these healthy ways to conquer stress and you will surely have a happy and enjoyable holiday season!
Author Bio: Lindsay Sibson
Lindsay turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plane in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging, and "figuring it out" step by step.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to unleash their adventurous spirit, discover a world of possibilities, and design life in their own unique way. Follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/traveloholic).