Advice from a BLUEBERRY...(yes you read that right):
Well said blueberry. Well said.
And if you thought the proudness stops there… behold!
Blueberries may be small, but they sure are mighty.
Let’s take a closer look at what makes these berries so bountiful for your health!
A Bit About Blueberries
These beautifully blue berries are actually one of the few fruit species that are native to North America.
With that said, they have a history that dates back thousands of years ago and were picked by Native Americans for centuries. This is going back to even before colonists arrived from Europe!
Back then, blueberries had a wide range of uses, such as:
Mixed with meat or used as a flavorful rub
Preserved for winter (dried and used in soups)
Medicinal uses - juiced to make couch syrup
Leaves were used to make tea
Mixed into puddings
Dye for baskets and clothes
Made into jellys and jams
As of current times, the USA now grows over 90% of the world’s blueberry supply after they had been domesticated and cultivated in the early 20th century.
Wow! What a versatile fruit!
Not only do blueberries have so many uses, they are also chock-full of health benefits.
10 Health Benefits of Blueberries
#1. Packed with fiber - helps your feel fuller longer
#2. Full of naturally occurring nutrients called phytochemicals that protect your cells
#3. Supreme antioxidant power
#4. Gives you an energy boost
#5. Have anti-aging nutrients
#6. Boosts your brain function and protects you from memory issues
#7. Protects your body from free radicals
#8. Helps ease inflammation in your body
#9. High in nutrients and low in calories
#10. High vitamin C levels help your immune system
Bless your body with the benefits of blueberries with these natural and delicious eats:
- 4 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Cook blueberries on low heat in a saucepan until they start to thicken. Pour into a glass jar with a lid and store in the refrigerate.
Blueberry Blast Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (preferably organic)
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- Water (add slowly until you reach your desired consistency)
Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth - Enjoy!
- Frozen blueberries (it’s that easy… OH SO tastefully refreshing!
More Blueberry Uses:
It’s a breeze to add blueberries into your daily meal plans with these simple ideas:
- Add a handful to your salad
- Mix them into your healthy homemade pancake batter
- Use them as a yogurt topping
- Put blueberries into your morning oatmeal
- Add them to your favorite homemade energy bar recipe
- Make them into muffins
- Blend and mold them with coconut milk to make popsicles
More Natural Health Posts To Enjoy:
- 3 Natural Products That Will Transform Your Beauty Routine
- Top 10 Benefits of Juicing for Natural Health
- 6 All Natural Sleep Remedies for Insomnia
- How To Benefit From Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 7 Benefits of Lime Water You Need in Your Life
- 3 Amazing Smoothie Recipes That Will Energize Your Morning