One of the easiest ways to use essential oils every day is by using homemade essential oil sprays. Sprays are a simple and fun way to incorporate essential oils into your routine. If you make them up in advance, they will be readily available when you need them.
Whether you are a DIYer or not, making essential oil sprays is super simple. In fact, my nine year old son can even make them by himself. You only need a few items and the process takes only a few minutes.
How To Make Essential Oil Sprays
- Add Epsom salt into 2 oz spray bottle.
- Add 15-25 drops of essential oils of choice, swirl bottle to mix salt and oil.
- Fill rest of bottle with water, add spray top and shake well. Dry bottle and label your spray. Shake well before each use.
Spray can be used immediately but I have noticed that if you give it 24 hours to marinate and blend together, the smell seems strong. Need some glass spray bottles for these recipes? Click here to purchase our 2 oz glass spray bottles that are just perfect for this recipe.
Epsom salt will help the oil mix with water and prevents oil from sticking to the bottle and spray tube. This step could be omitted if desired.
Filtered or distilled water is best to prevent contamination or spoilage of your essential oil sprays from impurities found in tap water. Alternatively, you can boil tap water, let it cool and then use that water for your sprays, if that is all that is available.
There are a variety of essential oil combinations you can use for your sprays. Even single oil sprays can be very powerful. I recommend having your favorite oils ready in a spray, you can use them as air fresheners, room sprays, cleaning sprays, body sprays, so many possibilities. Here are my favorite single oil sprays I like to have readily available so I can use them throughout the day and some ways that I have used them.
Single Essential Oil Sprays:
- Lavender Spray-perfect for pillow mist, bedtime room spray, relaxation body spray, natural perfume mist.
- Peppermint Spray-wonderful as a cooling spray, like post workout or during hot flash, uplifting body mist, minty air freshener.
- Melaleuca Spray-cleaning spray, refreshing face spritz, foot deodorizer spray.
- Lemon Spray-great odor eliminator spray, germ killing cleaning spray, bathroom spray, office air freshener.
- White Fir Spray-excellent energy spray, better than chemicals pine air freshener, Christmas spray (when ever we had a fake tree up for Christmas, this was my go to spray to make the house smell like we had a real tree)
So really, the sky is the limit as far as possible essential oil sprays go, you just have to be willing to get out the ingredients and get busy making sprays. View our recipe guide below for different essential oil combinations and fabulous sprays.
*The information provided here is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Post may include affiliate links. See full disclaimer.
Share this post
DIY Lavender Face Toner - Essential Oil Spray Recipe
Do you use a face toner in your skincare regimen? Face toners help cleanse, restore balance and refresh the skin. Ton...
Homemade Minty Orange Lip Gloss Roll On
Try this homemade lip gloss recipe for moist and soft lips during the drying winter months. It only requires 3 natura...
Fruit & Veggie Cleaning Spray Recipe With Essential Oils
There are several reasons you should wash your fruit and veggies before you eat them. Some reasons are germs, pestici...
Facial Steam Using Essential Oils
A facial steam will hydrate your skin and cleanse your pores. When you add essential oils you will also enjoy additi...
10 DIY Christmas Air Fresheners For The Holidays
Don't you just love the smell of Christmas? Fresh cut pine trees, spicy cider, crisp winter air, warm cookies, sweet...
Pretty In Pink Essential Oil Bath Salt
Bathing is a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. Not only is it cheap, but it is also an easy way to pam...
- Tags: Spray Recipes