Essential oil can have amazing benefits on health and wellness but did you know you can cook with some essential oils?
If not then you will want to read these tips to make sure you are prepared for trying your hand at it. Here's some food for thought before cooking with essential oils.
8 Tips For Cooking With Essential Oils:
1. Get Natural Flavoring: Essential oils are a great way to get natural flavors into your food and recipes. Some favorite essential oils to cook with are lime, rosemary, basil, cilantro, lavender, peppermint, and lemon.
2. A Little Goes A Long Way: Essential oils are very concentrated so you only need a drop or even a dipped toothpick in the oils to prevent overdoing, once the oil drops are in your recipe there is no way to get them out.
3. Essential Oils & High Temperature: Cooking essential oils in high temperatures can diminish the therapeutic benefits of essential oils, but you will still get the natural oil flavoring. Pure and natural flavoring is still a great reason to add essential oils to your cooking.
4. Go Raw: Raw recipes (uncooked) will allow you to benefit from the essential oils therapeutic effects. Essential oils work great in dips, dressings, salads, drinks, smoothies and much more.
5. Ensure Your Oils Are Safe: Not all essential oils can be ingested. Make sure your oil bottle is labeled for internal use. If it is not labeled on the bottle then it isn’t. Contact your oil company if you have any concerns about consumption.
6. Use Glass or Ceramic Bowls: Glass is best when cooking with essential oils; metal bowls can cause oils to cling to it. Essential oils can leach toxins from plastic bowls.
7. Let It Mingle: When using essential oil in dressings, marinades, sauces and dips, be sure to let your recipe set so the flavors can mingle. Essential oil flavors can become stronger. Taste before serving.
8. Be Open To Experiment: Have a favorite recipe? See what you can do to jazz it up with essential oils. Remember to start with small amount of oil, dipped toothpick or 1 drop and go from there.
Have fun cooking with essential oils!
*The information provided here is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Post may include affiliate links. See full disclaimer.
Share this post
8 Aromatherapy Diffuser Blends To Enhance Your Mood
Want to change the mood in your home? The aroma of essential oils can help improve the mood and atmosphere in your ho...
How To Create A Reed Diffuser With 10 Essential Oil Blend Recipes
Want to learn how to create your own reed diffuser? Reed diffusers can freshen up any room, try them in a bathroom, l...
DIY Antibacterial Hand Gel
Here is a great antibacterial hand gel recipe, just in time for the germy season. No water needed! Put this hand gel...
DIY Lavender Face Toner - Essential Oil Spray Recipe
Do you use a face toner in your skincare regimen? Face toners help cleanse, restore balance and refresh the skin. Ton...
Homemade Minty Orange Lip Gloss Roll On
Try this homemade lip gloss recipe for moist and soft lips during the drying winter months. It only requires 3 natura...
Fruit & Veggie Cleaning Spray Recipe With Essential Oils
There are several reasons you should wash your fruit and veggies before you eat them. Some reasons are germs, pestici...