Do you often feel unbalanced, anxious or exhausted? These may be signs that your heart chakra is blocked. Heart chakra essential oils can be used to achieve balance through the opening of the fourth energy center, leading to greater emotional and spiritual wellness.
Balancing our chakras helps us stay rooted in love, compassion, faith and gratitude. To open up this pathway of healing energy, aromatherapy can be an effective tool as fragrances have shown to evoke powerful feelings whether calming or energizing.
In this blog post we’ll discuss some of the best heart chakra essential oils for soothing relief and restoring balance that will support your journey in cultivating inner peace. But first, let's learn more about chakras centers.
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are the centers in your body in which energy flows.
The word “chakra” from Sanskrit translates to “disk” or wheel” and represents a spiritual energy center within your body. The chakra system corresponds to physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual states of being and impacts all areas of your life.
Within each of the chakras is the ultimate pure healing energy, known as ‘prana’, that keeps your happy, healthy, and vibrantly alive.
The Heart Chakra
Your heart chakra is responsible for moving love through your life. It is not only your sense of self-love, but also your compassion and caring for others as well as kindness, respect, generosity, and altruism.
This unifying and integrating chakra is what makes your feel that you are interconnected with other people and part of something larger. The heart chakra is your healing center and helps you get in touch with your personal truths and “way of the heart”.
What It Represents: Your ability to love
Location: Center of chest
Emotion: Love, inner peace, and joy
Next, let’s look at how you can balance your heart chakra today using essential oils.
Top 10 Heart Chakra Essential Oils
To create a supportive and loving environment in which you inspire compassion and kindness, use the following essential oils:
1. Rose Essential Oil
Rose oil is one of the most healing essential oils for the heart chakra. It is known for its ability to open up the heart to love and compassion, bringing self-acceptance and inner peace.
- Opens the heart chakra and allows you to feel unconditional love.
- It creates a sense of well-being and calmness while awakening your ability for self-compassion, nurturing, and love.
- When used in meditation, rose essential oil can help to focus on the positive aspects of life and the beauty of the world around us.
Rose has a gentle, soothing energy that can help to bring an emotional balance, as well as provide protection from feelings of fear and anxiety. It is also known to reduce stress, promote calmness, and bring a sense of relaxation.
2. Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is a refreshing and uplifting oil with a wide range of uses and benefits. It can be used aromatically to help clear and open the heart chakra, which is associated with love and compassion.
- Opens the heart chakra to self-love and self-nurturing.
- It helps to soothe anxiety and sadness, as well as promote alertness and mental clarity.
- Lightens while uplifting your spirit and bringing clarity into your life.
When used topically, lemon essential oil can help to reduce inflammation and improve circulation. It can also be used in skin care products to help brighten and even skin tone.
3. Neroli Essential Oil (Orange Blossom)
Neroli essential oil is an excellent choice for healing the heart chakra. It has a sweet, floral aroma that’s known to have calming, uplifting effects. This makes it a great choice for those dealing with emotional issues, as it can help to open up the heart chakra and foster feelings of love, hope, and joy.
- A natural tranquilizer and regulator of the nervous system that opens the heart chakra.
- Neroli oil is known for its ability to ease anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Uplifts your spirit, and encourages confidence, joy, and peace.
Use it in a diffuser, or apply it topically with a carrier oil to reap its benefits.
4. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
Fourth on the list of essential oils for heart chakra balancing is sweet marjoram. It's renowned for its ability to bring about a sense of peace and balance to a person’s emotional and spiritual state. Sweet marjoram also helps to open the heart chakra and promote unconditional love.
- This oil is known to reduce tension and anxiety, making it perfect for someone who is dealing with a lot of stress.
- Restores warmth, self-compassion, and self-nurturing when feeling lonely or isolated.
- Read more - Sweet Marjoram Spotlight.
To use sweet marjoram, add a few drops to your diffuser and allow the scent to fill the room. You can also mix it with a carrier oil and rub the mixture onto your chest or wrists.
5. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is often regarded as the most versatile essential oil and is a great choice for the heart chakra. Its calming and soothing effects bring a sense of balance and peace. Lavender is also commonly used to help open up the heart chakra, allowing for increased love and acceptance.
- It can help to reduce stress, depression, and anxiety while providing a sense of emotional healing.
- Helps you to relax, let go of stress, and release fear, which fosters connection with the heart center and opens you up to more love.
- Give yourself a little aromatherapy massage with this lavender massage oil.
Try adding a few drops of lavender to your favorite diffuser before engaging in heart chakra meditation. You can also mix a few drops of Lavender with a carrier oil and use it directly on your skin for additional relaxation.
6. Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium is an essential oil that is often used to open the heart chakra and bring balance and harmony. It has a sweet and floral scent that can help you to connect to your inner self and open to the love and support of the Universe. In addition, it can open your heart to compassion, kindness, and understanding.
- Geranium is an excellent oil to use for heart chakra healing.
- This emotional healing oil restores confidence and trust in others.
- It can help to heal a broken heart and open one up to love.
When used in combination with other essential oils, Geranium can help to promote self-love, bring peace, and allow for a more balanced and harmonious life.
7. Jasmine Essential Oil
Jasmine is a potent essential oil for healing the heart chakra. Its heady aroma is said to open the heart and stimulate feelings of joy and love.
- It is often used in aromatherapy to promote relaxation and peace, as well as to clear away heavy emotions such as sadness and grief.
- Uplifting and joyous oil that balances the emotional system, soothes anxiety, and helps with depression and apathy.
- Jasmine is also believed to help relieve feelings of anxiousness and fear as it promotes feelings of self-love and self-worth.
Jasmine is a beautiful essential oil that is sure to bring balance and harmony to the heart chakra.
8. Melissa Essential Oil (aka Lemon Balm)
Melissa (aka Lemon Balm essential oil) is a powerful essential oil that helps to open and balance the Heart Chakra. Melissa is a sweet and fresh citrus scent that is calming and can help reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
- It is said to promote feelings of love, peace and joy and can bring about a renewed sense of self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Melissa oil is also helpful for creating a sense of balance and harmony within the body and mind.
- It can be used for healing of physical and emotional wounds, as well as for providing relief from headaches, insomnia and other stress-related ailments.
9. Chamomile Essential Oil
Chamomile is a favorite for essential oil sleep blends.
- Promotes a calm and clear mind and reduces emotional disruptions and depression.
- Known for its wound healing qualities and releasing anger caused by a wounded heart.
Use one or use all of these essential oils to put yourself on a path of feeling an enhanced sense of well-being.
10. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang ylang essential oil is a wonderful remedy for restoring balance to your heart chakra. Not only does this oil possess a romantic and sweet aroma, it also has incredibly calming properties that will help to reduce anxiety while increasing joy and optimism. This makes ylang ylang ideal for those who struggle with grief or sorrow, as it will help open up the heart to feelings of hope and relief.
- To use ylang ylang essential oil for heart chakra healing, simply add a few drops to an aromatherapy diffuser or dilute it with a carrier oil and apply it topically over the chest.
- Close your eyes, take some slow breaths, and feel energy in this area gradually opening up as you gain more peace, balance, and love within.
Heart Chakra Essential Oil Recipes
Heart Chakra Diffuser Blend
Add to your diffuser with the recommended amount of water for your machine.
- 2 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Rose
- 1 drop Geranium
Heart Chakra Roller Blend
- 3 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Sweet Marjoram
- 2 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Geranium
- 10 ml Roller Bottle
- Jojoba Oil
Add essential oils to the roller bottle, top off with jojoba oil. Cap bottle and roll between palms to blend together. Roll onto pulse points or chest, inhale the aroma. You can roll on the center of chest as well (location of heart chakra).
Plant Therapy offers a complete Set of 7 Chakra Roll On Blends:
Frequently Asked Questions About Essential Oils for Heart Chakra
What are heart chakra essential oils?
Heart Chakra oils are essential oils that are used to help balance and open the heart chakra. The heart chakra, or Anahata, is the fourth chakra in the body and is located in the center of the chest. It is associated with love, compassion, self-acceptance, and joy. When the heart chakra is balanced and open, we feel connected to ourselves and others and have a strong sense of self-love.
Is there anything else I should know about heart chakra essential oils?
Yes, there are a few things you should know about heart chakra essential oils. First, it is important to understand what the heart chakra is and how it functions in the body. The heart chakra is the fourth chakra and is located in the center of the chest. It is associated with love, compassion, and connection to others. The heart chakra is responsible for connecting us to our emotions and our sense of self.
What are the benefits of heart chakra essential oils?
Essential oils that are used to balance the heart chakra are known to have many benefits for our energy centers. One of the most notable benefits of heart chakra essential oils is their ability to promote emotional balance. These chakra oils help to ground, promote security and vitality, and add a zest to life.
What are the most popular heart chakra essential oils?
The most popular flower essential oils for the heart chakra are rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, geranium, lavender, and chamomile. Rose essential oil is known to be the most powerful and effective for healing the heart chakra. It is said to open the heart to love, passion, compassion, courage, and forgiveness. Rose essential oil is also known to help reduce stress and anxiety.
Learn more about:
Where to Buy Essential Oils?
Essential oils are great because not only do they make you feel good physically but mentally as well. I love having them around since they have so many benefits, like clearing the air of bad odors and improving moods by releasing calming scents in your home or office!
We are frequently asked what essential oil brand we like. Here are some of our favorites: