Buying essential oils can get expensive, that is for sure. It can be especially difficult if you are on a strict budget. Here we highlight thirty inexpensive essential oils that you can build your collection with on a limited budget.
These are really great oils too, oils that are filled with so many therapeutic qualities. While we all have to watch our bottom line, these budget friendly essential oils are worth looking into.
Tips for Buying Essential Oils on a Budget
-When I first started with essential oils, I remember buying a huge collection, a big bundle because that was the "best deal". In hindsight, it actually hindered my essential oil growth by buying so many oils at one time.
-I had many oils that collected dust and expired because I just had too many bottles and I was still finding my way with essential oils at the time.
Essential Oils Expire:
-I was also told they don't expire, so it was OK to buy such a big collection. If you have heard this too, that essential oils do not expire, it is simply not true.
-Essential oils do get old and expire. When? It depends on what oil it is as to how long it will last, as well as other factors. Factors like how it is stored, when it was opened, how much oil is in the bottle, etc.
-So, I am not here to encourage you to buy a huge set or to even sell you a huge set, you can relax :)
Buy Less Bottles at One Time:
-I am actually encouraging you to purchase 1-3 oils at a time so you can actually spend some time learning all about each oil, get comfortable using each oil, and find out how YOU react to the oil.
-I find it so beautiful now to buy an oil and then really get to know the oil. I like to see how I respond to it, what I think of the aroma, and how it can support my wellbeing.
Buy the Right Bottle Size:
-I am also not encouraging you to buy the biggest bottle. If it is a new oil to you, it is best to get the small bottle to try. I know it is hard to resist the discount on the larger bottle, but if you do not like it, the money will be wasted anyway, right?
-Budgetwise, if it is an oil you know and love, like lavender, of course you should buy the bigger bottle. But if it is an oil you know nothing about, say palmarosa, start small, like a 5 ml or 10 ml bottle.
A little on how I came up with this list of affordable essential oils.
I researched several essential oil brands and found all these oils consistently were the lowest priced oils. These oils are also fairly common oils that any aromatherapist or DIYer would love to have, no off the wall oils that you will never use.
Top 30 Affordable Essential Oils
I included the botanical name, as well as a link to where you can buy the essential oils if interested. At the bottom of the list you can get a FREE PRINTABLE CHECKLIST to download and print out.
1. Balsam Fir - Abies balsamea, Buy Here
2. Cajeput - Melaleuca cajuput, Buy Here
4. Cinnamon Leaf - Cinnamomum zeylanicum, Buy Here
5. Citronella - Cymbopogon winterianus, Buy Here
6. Clove Bud - Eugenia caryophyllata, Buy Here
7. Copaiba - Copaifera officinalis, Buy Here
8. Cypress - Cupressus sempervirens, Buy Here
10. Fennel - Foeniculum vulgare, Buy Here
11. Grapefruit - Citrus paradisi, Buy Here
12. Juniper Berry - Juniperus communis, Buy Here
15. Lemongrass - Cymbopogon flexuosus, Buy Here
17. Mandarin - Citrus reticulata, Buy Here
18. May Chang (Litsea) - Litsea cubeba, Buy Here
19. Niaouli - Melaleuca quinquenervia, Buy Here
20. Nutmeg - Myristica fragrans, Buy Here
22. Palmarosa - Cymbopogon martinii, Buy Here
23. Patchouli - Pogostemon cablin, Buy Here
24. Peppermint - Mentha piperita, Buy Here
25. Petitgrain - Citrus aurantium, Buy Here
26. Pine (Scots Pine) - Pinus sylvestris, Buy Here
27. Rosemary - Rosmarinus officinalis, Buy Here
28. Spearmint - Mentha spicata, Buy Here
29. Tangerine - Citrus reticulata, Buy Here
30. Tea Tree - Melaleuca alternifolia, Buy Here
Free Printable Checklist:
Here is a free checklist to print out, star the essential oils you want to buy and check the boxes on the ones you already have. We aren't even asking for your email, we just ask that you share this page on your favorite social media site like pinterest, twitter, facebook or instagram so others can enjoy as well. Click here or picture to download.
Share on Pinterest
Want to learn more about Essential Oils? Like DIY Recipes? Join our weekly newsletter:
More Essential Oil Posts to Enjoy
- Top 150 List of Essential Oils With Free Cheat Sheet
- How To Quickly Understand Essential Oils For Beginners
- Top 10 Essential Oils For Headaches - Fan Favorites
- How to Use Terracotta Pendants for Aromatherapy
- Free Essential Oil Printables - Essential Oil Reference Cards
- Top 10 Fan Favorite Essential Oils To Use