Meditation is a holistic way to promote our health, increase our energy and stimulate positive thoughts. It helps in reducing the distractions and stresses in life. However, many people find it difficult to start meditation. With the tips below you will be able to find out How to Use Essential Oils for Meditation!
If we cannot meditate properly, we will not be able to have the optimized benefit from it. To solve this issue during your meditation session, you may use essential oils. They can help you have clarity in your mind and calmness in your body.
Ways to Use These Meditation Oils
Here are some ways you can use essential oils in your meditation routine:
- Diffuse in the area your meditating
- Wear on a diffuser necklace
- Use an aromatherapy inhaler
- Place a drop of oil in palm of hand, rub together & inhale
- Make a roller blend and roll onto arms & chest
Best Essential Oils for Meditation
Many people are looking for ways to combat stress and find peace. One way is through meditation, which has been proven to reduce anxiety and enhance moods. These essential oils will help inspire peace and relaxation during meditation.
There are many essential oils that you can use before and during meditation, more than what is listed here. Check out these popular essential oils for meditation and how they can help your meditation time:
1. Clary Sage Essential Oil
- It has the capacity of removing negative energies and thoughts.
- By taking the aroma of this oil in, you will be able to prevent distraction.
- It also uplifts your mood and can help manage situational anxiety and depression.
- Read More: Clary Sage Spotlight
2. Sandalwood Essential Oil
- The oil from sandalwood is another ingredient to help you in getting more benefits from meditation.
- Its cleansing capacity can reduce your stress and negative impact on your mind.
Due to the regular heavy workload of your day, you may feel stressed. That is why you cannot meditate properly. You may purchase the best essential oil diffuser and put sandalwood oil into it. The aroma of this oil calms and supports inner unity. When you start meditation, you will have physical relaxation.
3. Rose Essential Oil
- For your daily meditation and yoga session, you can benefit from the aroma of rose oil.
- This oil is highly valuable to increase your self-confidence.
- Its beautiful floral fragrance has the capacity of opening up your heart, and you will have better feelings from it.
- Read More: Rose Absolute Essential Oil
4. Frankincense Essential Oil
We have included this oil in our list, as it has the power to promote calmness in mind. During your meditation session, you will have many benefit from aromatic frankincense essential oil.
- In addition to offering peace and calming to your mind, frankincense oil will also help you usher in tranquility.
- It can encourage emotional healing, especially during meditation.
- Perfect oil for promoting spiritual connection when you inhale the aroma of this oil.
Meditation Essential Oil Blend with Palo Santo, Sage, Clove, and Grapefruit. By combining these therapeutic oils, this roller blend can be used before mediation or anytime needing positive energy and focus, while promoting peace of mind and cleansing negativity.
5. Neroli Essential Oil
Neroli oil is another valuable ingredient to help you with meditation. The most notable fact is that you will have a positive effect on your meditation. For the peace, clarity or mindfulness, you will get an amazing outcome from neroli essential oil.
- This oil helps to promote acceptance, self-love and creativity.
- You can remove the fears from your mind.
- This oil also reduces your inflammation and pain.
- It can help facilitate greater spiritual awareness and understanding.
6. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
High focus and controlled breathing are must for meditation. However, the blocked airways prevent you from achieving it. To reach the meditative state easily, you can rely on this essential oil. You can breathe steadily and deeply.
7. Patchouli Essential Oil
Many people use patchouli essential oil for meditation. The strong, earthy scent of patchouli is said to help ground and center the mind, promoting a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Patchouli oil can be diffused into the air, or added to a carrier oil and applied to the skin.
- When using patchouli essential oil for meditation, it is important to start with a small amount and increase gradually as needed.
- Many find that patchouli oil helps to sharpen focus and concentration, while others find it more helpful in promoting deep relaxation.
Whether you are looking to improve your meditation practice or simply unwind after a long day, patchouli essential oil may be worth trying.
8. Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
Roman chamomile essential oil has a sweet, floral, and herbaceous scent that is said to be calming and relaxing. When used in meditation, roman chamomile essential oil can help to still the mind and bring about a sense of peacefulness. Inhaling the oil may also help to reduce anxiety and tension.
- To use roman chamomile essential oil for meditation, add a few drops of the oil to an diffuser or burner.
- You can also put a few drops on a cloth or tissue and inhale the scent directly from the cloth or tissue.
- Always be sure to dilute the oil with a carrier oil before applying it to your skin.
To achieve the enlightenment and mindfulness from meditation, these essential oils will help you in the best way. It is the right time to invest in aromatherapy and a diffuser. Enjoy the therapeutic benefits from these oils. You will have an improved result from you meditation routine.
Where to Apply Essential Oils for Meditation?
When it comes to meditation, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Different people prefer different techniques and find different things helpful. However, many people find that using essential oils can enhance their meditation practice.
Essential oils are potent plant extracts that can be used in a variety of ways, including inhaling them, rubbing them on the skin, or adding them to a bath.
When choosing an essential oil for meditation, it is important to consider your own preferences and needs. Some people find that applying essential oils to the temples or forehead helps them to relax and focus, while others prefer to apply them to the wrists, feet or behind your ears.
Diffusing Essential Oils for Mediation
You may also want to try diffusing essential oils into the room where you meditate. Experiment until you find a method that works for you. You can also put some oil on a tissue and inhale it deeply.
Whichever method you choose, diffusing or applying to your skin, make sure that you are using high-quality, pure essential oils. And always dilute essential oils before applying them to your skin.
Benefits of Applying Essential Oils for Meditation
Once you have applied the oil, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Focus on the scent of the oil and allow yourself to relax.
As you breathe, picture yourself in a peaceful place. Let go of any stress or tension that you are holding onto.Allow yourself to drift off into a peaceful state of relaxation.
Meditation Essential Oil Blends
Essential oils may have many benefits for mental health and wellness, including reducing stress and anxiety. I hope you can enjoy these DIY recipes for meditation, may they help you with your meditation practice.
Morning Focus Meditation Diffuser Blend
Let this calming focus blend prepare you for the day ahead.
Add essential oil recipe to diffuser with recommended water for your diffuser tank.
Open Up Roller Blend
This essential oil roller blend for meditation is quick and easy to roll on right before you meditate.
Add essential oils to roller bottle and top off with jojoba oil. Roll onto chest, arms & shoulder to benefit from the aroma. 5% dilution.
Meditation Peace Diffuser Blend
Add essential oil recipe to diffuser with recommended water for your diffuser tank.
General Essential Oil Safety Precautions
Never use essential oils undiluted, in eyes or mucous membranes. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner. Keep out of reach from children.
Use essential oils with extreme caution on children, be sure you have researched the oil and that it is safe for use on kids. Plant Therapy clearly labels their oils "KidSafe" on the bottle if the oil can be used for children ages 2–10).
If applying an essential oil topically (on your skin), you may perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body, use 1-2 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil like jojoba oil, read more here.
Meditation Guide For Busy People
How To Meditate If You're Busy? It's easy to get caught up in a busy life with work, family, and everything else. And it can be difficult to find time for meditation practice. This guide provides practical tips on how to meditate even if you're busy, buy it here!