If we have to name a few of our favorite things…
Numbers 1, 2, AND 3 on our list would most definitely be JOJOBA OIL!
This versatile and OH so moisturizing oil will leave your skin feeling cashmere soft. Not only can you use it in your anti-aging skincare regime, but it is also a great addition to your natural first aid kit to help speed up the healing process.
Let’s take a closer look at the luxurious oil that is perfect for EVERYday use!
What is Jojoba Carrier Oil?
A carrier oil is a vegetable oil made from the fatty portion of a plant, usually from the seeds, nuts, or kernels.
Each carrier oil has a different combinations of health benefits and therapeutic properties. Depending on the benefit or characteristic being sought will determine the choice of carrier oil.
The jojoba plant is a hearty plant that grows in North America. As a perennial, it thrives in harsh, desert climates yet is still able to produce a nut that has many powerful and healing properties.
Jojoba oil was the #2 choice of our fans when they voted on best carrier oils for essential oils.
Here is our favorite Jojoba Oil, click picture to learn more:
Benefits of Jojoba Carrier Oil
Detox and revitalize your skin with this light moisturizing oil. Jojoba oil mimics the consistency of our own sebum, which makes it an excellent acne treatment.
Using this oil will help balance the production of excess oil while also helping to leave your pore clean and clear.
|Botanical Name||Simmondsia chinensis|
|Skin Type||Best for most skin types, suitable for oily skin|
|Shelf Life||2 years or more, highly stable (some say indefinite)|
|Consistency & Absorption||Medium viscosity. Absorbs well.|
Uses of Jojoba Carrier Oil
There are many beneficial uses of jojoba oil thanks to these wonderful qualities:
- Jojoba oil is a humectant ingredients, meaning it seals your skin with a protective barrier to keep it from losing moisture and becoming irritated or dry.
- Contains natural forms of vitamin E that works with your skin as an antioxidant
- Helps your skin fight oxidative stress cause by pollutants and toxins (that your skin is exposed to every day!)
- Jojoba oil is actually a wax on a molecular level, yet still can be absorbed into your skin!
- Creates a soothing seal on the surface of your skin due to its waxy nature
- Non-irritating and allergic reaction is rare
- Has antimicrobial and antifungal qualities
- Protects skin to help prevent bacterial infections, acne, and dandruff from forming
#5. Non Comedogenic
- Jojoba oil is a botanical substance buts its makeup is similar to sebum (oil) your body naturally produces
- Your skin can’t tell the difference!
- Less likely to build up on your skin and clog pores
- Fewer breakouts and less severe acne
#6. Skin Healing
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps soothe sunburns
- Eases eczema, psoriasis, and other drying skin conditions
- Helps keep acne at bay and promotes mild acne healing
- Speeds up wound healing
- Helps minimize the appearance of scars
The Ultimate Carrier Oil for Essential Oils & DIY Recipes
Carrier oils are used as a base to dilute concentrated essential oils.
By doing so, it makes the essential oil safe for topical use and in DIY recipes. The carrier oil is used to help “carry” the essential oil onto the skin.
If essential oils are applied to the skin directly, they can cause irritation, burning, or redness.
If you are looking for the ULTIMATE carrier oil, look no further than JOJOBA OIL! It doesn’t need to be diluted and can be applied directly to your skin.
Depending on your desired result, there are numerous ways you can use this natural oil:
- Use as lip balm to soothe dry lips
- Apply is all over your face as an anti-aging serum
- Make a DIY acne mask treatment when you mix it with other natural acne-fighting ingredients
- Use a gentle makeup remover for your eyes
Here at Loving Essential Oils, jojoba oil is our top choice for using with roller balls because it is a multipurpose carrier oil that is safe for all uses, nourishing and moisturizing to skin, and absorbs quickly. It gets to work supporting and improving your skin's hydration.
We recommend that you start using jojoba oil to create one of these 26 Essential Oil Roller Ball Recipes.
“Beautiful glowing skin is the basis to ANY look…”
Share on Pinterest
Read More About Carrier Oils
- Carrier Oil Shelf Life & Storage Guidelines
- Mango Butter Benefits & Uses
- How to Use Carrot Seed Oil
- Complete List of Carrier Oils
- How to Use Avocado Oil
Carrier Oil Detailed Guide
Get our Complete List of Carrier Oils Detailed Guide for free! This guide includes 50 Carrier Oils complete with description, botanical name, skin type oil is best for, shelf life, consistency of oil, and absorption information.