You can’t buy happiness…
But you CAN buy grapeseed oil… and that’s sort of the same thing.
From giving you silky smooth skin to shiny and healthy hair, grapeseed carrier oil will leave you feeling gorgeous from head to toe!
What is Grapeseed Oil?
Grapeseed oil is a byproduct of winemaking. After wine is made by pressing grapes, the grape seeds are left behind and then oil is extracted from them.
|Botanical Name||Vitis vinifera|
|Skin Type||Best for most skin types|
|Shelf Life||3 months; 6 months when refrigerated|
|Consistency & Absorption||Very light, easily absorbs without a greasy residue|
NOTE: Always make sure that the grapeseed oil that you are purchasing is cold-pressed or expeller-pressed, as it does not use high heat or chemical solvents during processing. Most commercially available grapeseed carrier oil is made using hexane, a chemical solvent that is classified as a neurotoxin and air pollutant.
Here are two cold pressed, unrefined options we have used, click on picture to learn more:
Benefits of Grapeseed Carrier Oil
This oil may be light, but it has many powerful properties. From speeding up acne healing to reducing redness, grapeseed oil is a great anti inflammatory. Check out these benefits of grapeseed carrier oil:
For Healthy Skin
- Penetrates your skin quickly and won’t leave your skin feeling oily.
- Grapeseed oil is rich in vitamin E and omega-6 fatty acids, which gives it its many beauty benefits.
- Vitamin E helps battle free radicals that you are exposed to daily and helps improve your overall skin health.
- Omega-6 fatty acids are crucial to skin function and appearance and necessary for skin barrier functioning.
- Helps reduce inflammation in the skin’s outer and middle layers
- Doesn’t clog pores, making it suitable for all skin types (even oily skin!).
- Use grapeseed oil to:
- Moisturize skin
- Heal acne
- Tighten pores
- Reduce the appearance of scars
- Tighten skin
- Remove makeup.
For Healthy Hair
- Improves the condition of your scalp and hair.
- Loosens dead skin, restore, moisture, and gets rid of dandruff.
- Lightweight and won’t leave hair feeling greasy.
- Adds moisture, shine, and strength to your hair.
- Used as a natural remedy for baldness since the linolenic acid stimulates hair growth.
- Grapeseed oil makes a wonderful carrier oil for massage and aromatherapy.
- Aromatherapy helps relieve anxiety and reduce stress.
- Relax with a stress reducing aromatherapy massage that will help combat premature aging, hair loss, rashes, dry skin, and acne.
10 Ways to Use Grapeseed Carrier Oil
Grapeseed oil is used as a natural beauty product and is also marketed as a healthy alternative to vegetable oil.
It is highly effective at treating numerous skin, face, and hair conditions.
Here is how you can start using this luxurious oil today!
- Rub grapeseed carrier oil onto your skin to tone and tighten it, and protect against sun damage.
- Massage onto your face as a moisturizer to rapidly heal any dry skin you may have.
- Kill acne causing bacteria and soothe painful pimples by dabbing grapeseed oil on the affected area. The oil has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lighten up bags around your eyes and smooth out lines by gently applying grapeseed oil around your eyes.
- Try in a massage oil blend, click here for recipes.
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks by massaging grapeseed oil on them frequently.
- Using grapeseed oil topically on skin promotes angiogenesis in wounds, which is the process where the skin creates new cell growth and blood vessels.
- Decrease the chance of razor burn by using grapeseed carrier oil as a pre-shave oil.
- Massage into your hair for a rich and deep conditioning treatment.
- Use as a carrier oil for essential oils.
Immune Boost Essential Oil Blend
Here is a beautiful blend from the book: Essential Oils: All-natural remedies and recipes for your mind, body and home.
This was one of our fan favorite essential oils books. Here is the snippet from the book about the oils in the recipe:
Niaouli, lavender, and rosemary essential oils help support a compromised immune system and are strongly antimicrobial, helping the body fight off infection.
- 2 TBSP Grapeseed Oil
- 2 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Niaouli
- 2 drops Rosemary
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a glass dropper bottle. Gently shake to blend together. To use, massage onto skin and let absorb before dressing. Best if used in 3 months and stored in a cool, dark place. 1% dilution.
Click the picture to learn more about the book:
Share on Pinterest
More Carrier Oil Posts
Carrier Oil Detailed Guide
Get our Complete List of Carrier Oils Detailed Guide for free! This guide includes 50 Carrier Oils complete with description, botanical name, skin type oil is best for, shelf life, consistency of oil, and absorption information.