While they may be a simple and nutritious snack… when made into an oil, almonds are an absolutely divine “snack” for your skin. When used topically, sweet almond oil is uber nourishing and will leave your skin feeling OH so fine.
Get ready to feast on the benefits and uses of this fabulous oil!
What is Sweet Almond Oil?
Made from the small, yet powerful, almond. Sweet almond oil is made by pressing the kernels (nuts) of the sweet almond plant.
It is an oil that is popularly used for skin and hair care. It was voted as #3 in our Fan Favorite Carrier Oils for Essential Oils.
|Botanical Name||Prunus dulcis|
|Skin Type||Best for sensitive skin types|
|Shelf Life||1 to 2 years|
|Consistency & Absorption||
Slightly viscous consistency. Readily absorbs into the skin.
Here is a brand we like to use, it is cold-pressed and hexane-free, click on picture to learn more:
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil
Sweet almond oil is wonderful for regenerating damaged skin cells by penetrating into your skin with its emollient properties.
Use this oil on dry, acne-prone skin as well as sensitive skin and receive the following benefits:
1. FULL of Vitamin E
- Vitamin E is an extremely powerful antioxidant that keeps your skin cells healthy.
- Protects your skin from UV radiation damage.
- It helps stave off oxidative stress and fight free radicals, which is a major cause of the deterioration of your skin’s collagen layer.
- Keeps your skin supple and wrinkle-free.
2. Rich Source of other Vitamins & Nutrients
- Sweet almond oil contains vitamin A, monounsaturated fatty acids, potassium, zinc, and protein!
- Vitamin A helps reduce acne.
- Fatty acids help your skin retain moisture and soothes irritated and chapped skin.
3. Promotes Clean & Clear Skin
- Sweet almond oil easily penetrates the skin and cleans out the oil and dirt that accumulates in your pores.
- Prevents blackheads and acne from developing.
- Because it is full of nutrients and vitamins it is a natural skincare rockstar!
- Sweet almond oil is non-comedogenic and highly unlikely to clog your pores.
Uses of Sweet Almond Oil
Soothe dry and irritated skin with this softening and hydrating oil by. You can also use sweet almond oil to:
- Lighten dark under-eye circles
- Remove makeup naturally and gently
- Restore the protective barrier of your hair to keep it strong and silky
- Moisturize and condition brittle nails and cuticles
- Relieve sunburn, eczema, and other skin rashes
- Ease muscle aches and pains
Use sweet almond oil in a roller bottle with lavender to enjoy many beauty & health benefits, read more here.
There is so much to adore about sweet almond oil!
“Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.”
~ Hippocrates ~
Share on Pinterest
More Carrier Oil Posts
- Avocado Oil
- Moringa Oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Rosehip Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
Carrier Oil Detailed Guide
Get our Complete List of Carrier Oils Detailed Guide for free! This guide includes 50 Carrier Oils complete with description, botanical name, skin type oil is best for, shelf life, consistency of oil, and absorption information.