Allergy inducing sodium lauryl sulfate. Cancer-causing parabens. Unforgivably toxic formaldehyde. You may not know it, but you most likely have slathered these grotesque ingredients all over your skin.
And you could be doing it NOW - YIKES!
What do all of these ingredients have in common? They are frequently found in conventional beauty products.
While many skincare products are marketed as being able to give you “that glow”.., the scary truth is they are usually chock full of ingredients that will not only disrupt the precious balance of your skin but also wreak havoc on your overall health.
But fear not! There IS a solution… and a simple one at that!
It is possible to get better skin with less effort, less cost, and NO toxic ingredients:
How To Get Better Skin With Less Effort
With just a few simple tweaks you can make a noticeable difference in how your skin looks and feels.
#1. Drink Water
- Clear and glowing skin comes from within! Hydration is a key component in keeping your skin fresh, youthful, and glowing.
- Make it a goal to drink 3 liters of water per day.
- Need some inspiration? Check out this before and after photo!
#2. Keep It Simple
- It’s time to say adios to that arsenal of beauty products. To get started:
Check ingredients and ditch anything with funky ingredients you don’t recognize. Yes, we realize you spent your hard-earned money on them so either use them up or donate them to your local women’s shelter.
- Buy the natural “basics” and get experimenting! The natural basics include:
Aloe Vera: Skin healing, soothe sunburns, reduce itchiness and inflammation
Apple Cider Vinegar: Toner, hair cleanser, blemish treatment
Coconut Oil: Moisturizer, makeup remover, shaving oil, face wash (yes you read that right - check out oil cleansing!)
Baking Soda: Exfoliant, hair cleanser, skin brightener
#3. Switch It Up
- Your face touches your pillowcase for HOURS every night! Therefore, it is uber important to change your pillowcase frequently to keep it fresh and clean.
- Change your pillowcase every other night… or nightly is the best! Wash them all on Sunday to keep it simple and easy.
#4. Let it Breathe
- If you wear makeup frequently, it’s time to take a break and let your skin BREATHE!
- Makeup and skin products can irritate skin and clog pores.
- Aim to go au natural as much as you can to let your skin have a rest from products.
Now, we realize everyone has different skin types and preferences. Therefore, you will have to take the responsibility of keeping an open mind while experimenting with various routines and products to discover what works for YOU.
More Natural Health Posts To Enjoy:
- What Is Dry Brushing and Why Do It?
- How to Use Rose Water to Improve Complexion
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Health & Beauty
- 5 Surprising Ways Yoga Can Affect Your Life Positively
- 3 Natural Products To Transform Your Beauty Routine
Author Bio: Lindsay Sibson
|World Traveler. Writer. Lifestyle Design Enthusiast. Minimalist. Adventurer.|