Wool Dryer Balls are all the rage right now. Why? Because people are sick and tired of chemicals in every facet of their lives. People are looking for natural alternatives to not only help them be healthier but to also help the earth be healthier. Green cleaning is a better alternative to chemical cleaning.
How do wool dryer balls work? Wool dryer balls bounce around in the dryer allowing hot air to circulate better which reduces drying time by up to 20%. This saves time, energy and money. Dryer balls also soften your laundry and reduce wrinkles and static.
So, I just had to try them and here is what I found. My dryer time went from 60 minutes to 50 minutes, that is 10 minutes less with each dryer load. I do about 6 loads of laundry per week, about 312 loads total per year, so that is 3120 minutes dryer time SAVED per year!!
What could make all natural dryer balls better...ESSENTIAL OILS of course! Here is an amazing blend to add to your wool dryer balls, simple but yummy.
Wool Dryer Ball Blend Recipe (5 ml)
- 40 drops lavender essential oil
- 45 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 ml recycled essential oil bottle (with reducer and cap)
- Wool Dryer Balls
- Get a recycled, clean essential oil bottle with labels removed.
- Add essential oils to bottle. Place orifice reducer back into bottle and screw top on bottle, shake to blend mixture.
- Add a 4 drops to each dryer ball before placing into dryer. Make sure to shake well before each use. It is recommended to use 3-4 balls for a small load of laundry and 5-6 balls for a large load of laundry.
- Enjoy your, fresh, chemical free laundry!
Be sure to keep all your empty essential oil bottles. Clean them and reuse for crafts, mix favorite diffuser blends in, give sample to friends or family. Get creative with them!
50+ DIY Recipe Guide - Get NOW:
Download our 50 page recipe guide full of wonderful all natural cleaning, personal care and beauty products for your home, PLUS matching bottle labels for each recipe! Just fill in form and click "Get My Recipe Guide" button for FREE access:
6 Reasons To Use Dryer Balls:
1. Softens Laundry Naturally - No Chemicals Need
2. Add Essential Oils for Additional Benefits - Lavender or Lemon Works Great
3. Safe for those with Sensitive Skin & Babies
4. Shortens Drying Time (use 3 balls for small/medium load, 5-6 for large)
5. Eco-friendly - Saves Energy & Money
6. Replaces Dryer Sheets & Liquid Fabric Softeners - A Healthy Alternative For Natural Cleaning!
If you do not have any wool dryer balls you can use just a clean cloth as an alternative. Just place several drops onto a clean washcloth and throw it into the dryer for a chemical free dryer sheet.
Share On Pinterest