Wool Dryer Balls are all the rage right now. Why? Because people are sick and tired of chemicals in every facet of their lives. People are looking for natural alternatives to not only help them be healthier but to also help the earth be healthier. Green cleaning is a better alternative to chemical cleaning.
Dryer balls are a natural way to keep your laundry smelling fresh, you can customize them with your favorite essential oils to give your laundry a pleasant scent.
Why Use Wool Dryer Balls?
Wool dryer balls bounce around in the dryer allowing hot air to circulate better which reduces drying time by up to 20%. This saves time, energy and money. Dryer balls also soften your laundry and reduce wrinkles.
So, I just had to try them and here is what I found. My dryer time went from 60 minutes to 50 minutes, that is 10 minutes less with each dryer load. I do about 6 loads of laundry per week, about 312 loads total per year, so that is 3120 minutes dryer time SAVED per year!!
What could make all natural dryer balls better...ESSENTIAL OILS of course! Here is an amazing blend to add to your wool dryer balls, simple but yummy.
Wool Dryer Ball Blend Recipe (5 ml)
- 40 drops lavender essential oil
- 45 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 ml recycled essential oil bottle (with reducer and cap)
- Wool Dryer Balls
- Get a recycled, clean essential oil bottle with labels removed.
- Add essential oils to bottle. Place orifice reducer back into bottle and screw top on bottle, shake to blend mixture.
- Add a 4 drops to each dryer ball before placing into dryer. Make sure to shake well before each use. It is recommended to use 2-3 balls for a small load of laundry and 4-6 balls for a large load of laundry.
- Enjoy your, fresh, chemical free laundry!
More Essential Oil Blends For Dryer Balls
The heat from the dryer will help to distribute the oil throughout your laundry, leaving it smelling fresh and clean. You can experiment with different essential oils to find a scent that you love. For a refreshing smell, try adding a few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus oil to your dryer balls. Or, for a calming smell, try using lavender or chamomile oil.
You can a variety of essential oils on your wool dryer ball, here are some essential oil combinations I like:
|Tea Tree & Orange|
|Lemongrass & Lavender|
|Lemon & Rosemary|
|Tea Tree & Lemon|
|Eucalyptus & Lavender|
Whatever essential oils you choose, your laundry will smell great!
Be sure to keep all your empty essential oil bottles. Clean them and reuse for crafts, mix favorite diffuser blends in, give sample to friends or family. Get creative with them!
6 Reasons To Use Dryer Balls
1. Softens Laundry Naturally - No Chemicals Need
2. Add Essential Oils for Additional Benefits - Lavender or Lemon Works Great
3. Safe for those with Sensitive Skin & Babies
4. Shortens Drying Time (use 3 balls for small/medium load, 4-6 for large)
5. Eco-friendly - Saves Energy & Money
6. Replaces Dryer Sheets & Liquid Fabric Softeners - A Healthy Alternative For Natural Cleaning!
If you do not have any wool dryer balls you can use a clean cloth as an alternative. Just place several drops onto a clean washcloth and throw it into the dryer for a chemical free dryer sheet.
Final Thoughts on Dryer Ball Essential Oil Recipe
If you're looking for a more natural way to dry your clothes, then wool dryer balls are a great option. Made from 100% wool, they are incredibly absorbent and help to speed up the drying process. They also help to reduce static and wrinkles, making your clothes come out of the dryer looking and feeling great.
Additionally, wool dryer balls are reusable and last for years, so you can save money in the long run. Essential oils are great to add to dryer balls. Simply add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or the essential oil wool dryer ball blend recipe featured in this blog post.
To use, add a few drops to each ball before putting them in the dryer, and your clothes will come out smelling amazing!
Share On Pinterest
Want to make your home chemical free? More Natural Cleaning Posts here: