Wool Dryer Balls are all the rage right now. Why? Because people are sick and tired of chemicals in every facet of their lives. People are looking for natural alternatives to not only help them be healthier but to also help the earth be healthier. Green cleaning is a better alternative to chemical cleaning.
Why Use Wool Dryer Balls?
Wool dryer balls bounce around in the dryer allowing hot air to circulate better which reduces drying time by up to 20%. This saves time, energy and money. Dryer balls also soften your laundry and reduce wrinkles.
So, I just had to try them and here is what I found. My dryer time went from 60 minutes to 50 minutes, that is 10 minutes less with each dryer load. I do about 6 loads of laundry per week, about 312 loads total per year, so that is 3120 minutes dryer time SAVED per year!!
What could make all natural dryer balls better...ESSENTIAL OILS of course! Here is an amazing blend to add to your wool dryer balls, simple but yummy.
Wool Dryer Ball Blend Recipe (5 ml)
- 40 drops lavender essential oil
- 45 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 ml recycled essential oil bottle (with reducer and cap)
- Wool Dryer Balls
- Get a recycled, clean essential oil bottle with labels removed.
- Add essential oils to bottle. Place orifice reducer back into bottle and screw top on bottle, shake to blend mixture.
- Add a 4 drops to each dryer ball before placing into dryer. Make sure to shake well before each use. It is recommended to use 2-3 balls for a small load of laundry and 4-6 balls for a large load of laundry.
- Enjoy your, fresh, chemical free laundry!
More Essential Oil Combinations To Try
You can a variety of essential oils on your wool dryer ball, here are some essential oil combinations I like:
|Tea Tree & Orange|
|Lemongrass & Lavender|
|Lemon & Rosemary|
|Tea Tree & Lemon|
|Eucalyptus & Lavender|
Be sure to keep all your empty essential oil bottles. Clean them and reuse for crafts, mix favorite diffuser blends in, give sample to friends or family. Get creative with them!
6 Reasons To Use Dryer Balls:
1. Softens Laundry Naturally - No Chemicals Need
2. Add Essential Oils for Additional Benefits - Lavender or Lemon Works Great
3. Safe for those with Sensitive Skin & Babies
4. Shortens Drying Time (use 3 balls for small/medium load, 4-6 for large)
5. Eco-friendly - Saves Energy & Money
6. Replaces Dryer Sheets & Liquid Fabric Softeners - A Healthy Alternative For Natural Cleaning!
If you do not have any wool dryer balls you can use a clean cloth as an alternative. Just place several drops onto a clean washcloth and throw it into the dryer for a chemical free dryer sheet.
Share On Pinterest
Want to make your home chemical free? More Natural Cleaning Posts here:
- Top 5 Essential Oils for Cleaning
- DIY Toilet Fizzing Powder
- Lemon & Melaleuca Green Cleaning Spray
- Fan Favorite Essential Oils for Cleaning
- Essential Oils for the Bathroom with Recipes
- 20 Essential Oil Cleaning Recipes
Want to learn more about Essential Oils? Like DIY Recipes? Join our weekly newsletter: