Patchouli oil comes from a bushy herb that is a member of the mint family, with a strong and heavy scent. There are many patchouli oil uses. It is commonly used in perfumes, incense, insect repellents and as fragrance additive to fabric softeners, soaps and air fresheners.
A little patchouli oil goes a long way so you do not need much of it. While many people find the smell wonderful, some may find the distinctive aroma unpleasant.
There are many wonderful beauty and health benefits from patchouli oil. It is commonly used for skin care because of its ability to heal skin issues. It has cell rejuvenating properties.
Patchouli oil uses include acne, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, and cellulite. It may also tighten loose skin, relieve chapped skin, tone skin, reduce inflammation, and diminishes scars.
Patchouli Essential Oil Blends Well With:
Patchouli oil is extracted by steam distillation of the leaves. Patchouli scent has been referred to as powerful, mossy, pungent, and musky. It’s rich, sweet, earthy aroma blends well with Lavender, Bergamot, Geranium, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Lemongrass and Clary Sage.
Benefits of Patchouli Oil:
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and skin blemishes
- Boosts immune system
- Promotes a clear and glowing complexion
- Balances and calms emotions
- Works as an insect repellent
- Improves confidence and clarity to thought
- Creates a tranquil atmosphere, excellent for meditation purposes
- Clears dandruff
- Natural deodorant properties that help eliminate body odor
- Stops fungal growth
- Cools fevers and fights infections
- Stimulates sex drive
Patchouli Oil Uses:
- Patchouli oil is perfect to add to your face wash or moisturizer.
- Diffuse 3-4 drops in your favorite diffuser for a calming effect or while meditating. Learn more about diffusing essential oils, get our guide listed below.
- After a stressful day combine peppermint with patchouli oil and apply to the forehead, back of neck and temples.
- Add to fractionated coconut oil and massage into bottoms of feet to calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with 5-10 drops of Patchouli oil.
- Massage 4-5 drops of oil into your scalp for health hair and dandruff prevention or you can add to your conditioner.
- Apply 1-2 drops of oil directly to scars to minimize their appearance.
- Rub a few drops of oil onto neck and stomach to reduce body temperature.
Interested In Essential Oil Diffuser Recipes? Download Our Guide:
Share On Pinterest: