Enjoy the forest fragrance of pine essential oil by diffusing it in your home. It promotes respiratory health and mental clarity. Scent the room and stimulate your senses with one of the Pine Diffuser Blends I share in this blog post.
This oil is made from pine needles and twigs, they are steam distilled to obtain the beloved Pine Essential Oil. It is used for a variety of benefits and therapeutic properties. It is commonly used in a diffuser during the holidays for its familiar Christmas Tree-like scent.
What is Pine Essential Oil Good for?
Pine essential oil is a great natural remedy for many common ailments. It can be used to alleviate muscle and joint pain, boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and even soothe sinus congestion.
This oil is also known to bring a feeling of clarity and improved focus. In addition to its medicinal benefits, pine essential oil can be used in cleaning products or as a refreshing scent when diffused into the air. With its many uses and potent healing power, pine essential oil is certainly an asset to anyone's natural health care routine.
Pine Essential Oil Diffuser Benefits
Pine essential oil is a conifer oil and has a lot in common with other conifers like Spruces and Firs. What is nice about this is that you can substitute any one of the conifer oils for pine essential oil and still get wonderful benefits.
Pinus sylvestris, OK for Kids 2+
- Supports the body during a cold or flu
- Increases energy and sharpens focus
- Soothes inflamed sinuses and spastic coughs
- Helps to improve air quality
- Assists emotions when dealing with anger and frustration
- Promotes healthy respiration
Pine Essential Oil Blends Well With:
The woodsy aroma of pine blends well with many oils, especially other conifer essential oils.
- Red Mandarin
- Ylang Ylang
Pine Essential Oil Diffuser Blend Recipes
Use pine essential oil in your aroma diffuser to enjoy the benefits of this wonderful oil.
Add essential oils recipes below to diffuser with recommended water for your diffuser tank. Read more about diffusing essential oils. I like to use a 100-200 ml water tank diffuser but you can use whatever size you prefer.
When dealing with allergies or a respiratory illness, this oil blend can ease congestion and help clear the air.
You may not be able to meditate in the middle of the forest, you can meditate to this woodsy diffuser blend.
Try this clean and forest fresh diffuser blend with pine essential oil.
Brighten up your home and mind with this blend of pine and citrus essential oils.
The fresh coniferous notes come together in this cleansing oil blend. Let the power of conifers purify the air around you and uplift your day.
Safety Guidelines for Using Essential Oils
Diffuse 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time, read more here.
It is best not to apply undiluted essential oils onto the skin. When using essential oils topically on the skin, be sure to dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
Using essential oils can improve a person’s emotional, physical, and mental state. For best results, make sure you use pure essential oils and learn how to use them properly.
People can have different responses to essential oils, you may find what works for one person, doesn't work for you. You can learn more here about what to do when essential oils don't work.
Alternative Uses for Pine Essential Oil
Many enjoy diffusing essential oils because it is easy, cost-effective, and quickly gets essential oils into the body. Besides diffusing pine essential oil into the air, here are some other things you can try:
- Using an aromatherapy inhaler, apply up to 15 drops of essential oils to the cotton wick. Insert the wick into the inhaler. To use, place inhaler under the nose and deeply inhale the aroma in.
- Adding 1-3 drops to a steaming bowl of water and inhaling the scented steam to open airways and soothe sinus irritation.
- Try adding pine oil to a diffuser necklace to enjoy while at the office or on the go.
- Simply add a few drops to the shower floor right before getting into the shower.
- Place a drop in palm of the hand, rub palms together and deeply inhale the aroma.
- You can also use this oil to scent a spray bottle recipe, potpourri, or pinecones.
- Use in a car diffuser when driving for a strong woodsy scent with stimulating effects. It is effective against fatigue too.
Where to Buy Pine Essential Oil?
You can find a variety of pine oil on the market today, here are some options:
- Pine by Rocky Mountain Oils
- Scotch Pine by Barefut
- Pine by Edens Garden
- Scots Pine by Plant Therapy
- Scotch Pine by Spark Naturals
Essential Oil Diffusing Guide
How to Aromatherapy Diffusing Guide with 200+ Diffuser Blends by Jennifer Lane, Loving Essential Oils Owner & Certified Aromatherapist: