Are you craving peace and happiness during this chaotic time? Obtain natural support and wellbeing with aromatherapy. Let this happiness essential oil blend bring a smile to your face and peace to your mind.
It is so satisfying to be able to open a bottle of pure essential oil and just take in the wonderful aroma. Aromatherapy can really transport the mind and body by soothing emotions and improving mood.
Essential Oil Blend for Happiness Ingredients
This essential oil recipe is a nice blend of citrus essential oils and frankincense. Here is why they were chosen for this aromatherapy blend:
Lime Essential Oil: Lime essential oil has a sweet and tangy aroma that can really liven things up without being overpowering. It promotes energy while uplifting your mood and focusing your mind.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Orange can promote positivity and create feelings of happiness. If your mood and energy are low, the refreshing and revitalizing smell of this beneficial oil can brighten your spirits. Read more about sweet orange in our essential oil spotlight.
Bergamot Essential Oil: Bergamot has a distinctive charming, calming, and slightly citrusy scent. It is used alongside black tea to produce soothing Earl Grey tea. Its calming effect soothes anxiety and promotes feel-good feelings. It has the ability to help you 'let things go' if bad feelings or situations arise. We use bergamot in our Revive blend and the signature scent we created for the Hotpod Yoga, Europes largest yoga studio chain.
Frankincense Essential Oil: Frankincense is a healing oil on both a physical and emotional level. I love that it can assist in overcoming grief and fear. When emotionally exhausted, frankincense gives insight and purpose. It strengthens spiritual connections too.
Happiness Essential Oil Blend
The happiest people find the good even in difficult situations. It is important to be optimistic and focus on everything going right in your life. This blend of essential oils can help create a happy outlook with its delightfully sweet and citrus aroma.
- 2 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 2 drops Sweet Orange Oil
- 2 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 2 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
Here are 5 ways to use this happiness essential oil blend recipe:
1. Happiness Diffuser Blend: Add the drops of essential oils to your aromatherapy diffuser along with the required water. Turn on and enjoy the natural fragrance.
2. Happiness Room Spray Recipe: Add the drops of oil to a 1 oz spray bottle and fill the rest with distilled water and 1 teaspoon of grain alcohol (if you have available). Shake and then spray to freshen up a room. If you omit the grain alcohol, it is best to use it within 2-3 weeks. Read more about recipes without preservatives.
3. Happiness Roller Blend: Add the essential oil blend to a roller bottle, fill the rest of the bottle with jojoba oil. To use, roll on your wrists, arms, and chest.
4. Happiness Inhaler: Add the drops to a blank aromatherapy inhaler, 8 drops is a perfect strength for a child. If you want it strong, double the drops (so instead use 4 drops of each the oils).
5. Happiness Massage Oil Blend: Create your own massage blend by adding drops of oil to a 1 oz glass bottle, fill the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil of choice (like sweet almond oil), enjoy by massaging onto skin.
6. Happiness Bath Salt Recipe: Add 3-5 drops of oil to castile soap and add to bathwater
More Essential Oils for Happiness
There are numerous essential oils that can make you feel happy and uplift your mood, here are a few favorites to try:
- Mandarin Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Spearmint Essential Oil
- Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Chamomile Oil
- Tangerine Essential Oil
- Bitter Orange Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Sweet Marjoram Oil
How to Use Essential Oils for Happiness
There are many ways that you can get essential oils into your daily routine to help you cheer up and be happy. Use happy essential oils in your homemade recipes, soaps, lotions and more!
Do not apply undiluted essential oils directly to the skin, they need to be diluted in a carrier oil or unscented lotion before applying topically. Here are some ideas to use essential oils for happiness:
Place a few drops of oil on a tissue and inhale throughout the day. Keep the tissue in your pocket and pull out whenever you need a cheerful boost.
Place a few drops onto the shower floor before stepping in. The steam from the shower will bring the scent to your nose and immerse you in the aromatic benefits.
Add 1-2 drops of pure essential oil to the palm of one hand, then rub between your palms. Bring palms of hands up to your nose and inhale the aroma.
Empty Bottle Aromatherapy
Once an essential oil bottle is empty, don't just throw it away, you can still put it to use! One thing I like to do is just use the empty bottle as an inhaler. An empty bottle usually still oil residue on the walls of the bottle (and those last few stubborn drops!). The fragrance of the oil can last a long time in an empty bottle.
To use, just remove the cap of an empty bottle and inhale the aroma. You can do this as many times as you want. You can keep an empty bottle with oil residue in your purse, desk at work, or by your bed. I do not do this with a bottle that still has usable oil in it because frequent opening risks contamination and allows air to get into the bottle which over time can diminish the quality. Right now I have an empty bottle of black spruce oil, I love to pick it up throughout the day and smell it, so good...and there are no additional costs for this method!
I hope you gain some valuable aromatherapy tips and essential oil uses on how essential oils can assist you in your time of need as well as throughout your daily routine.
Share on Pinterest