Essential oil diffuser bracelets are a popular way to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy on the go. They work by absorbing essential oils and then slowly releasing them into the air, providing a constant healthy dose of natural fragrance. But diffuser bracelets offer more than just a pleasant scent—they can also provide a range of health benefits.
For example, lavender oil is well known for its ability to promote relaxation, while peppermint oil can help to increase energy and alertness. Diffuser bracelets can also be used to help reduce stress, ease anxiety, and even boost immunity. With so many potential benefits, it’s no wonder that these little bracelets are becoming increasingly popular.
If you’re interested in trying an essential oil diffuser bracelet, be sure to choose one made with natural materials like lava stone or clay. They come in an assortment of styles and diffusing mediums. Some include leather, scent pads, charms, terracotta clay, or various beads.
My personal favorite type... bead diffuser bracelets. And don’t forget to select the right essential oils to suit your needs—lavender for relaxation, peppermint for energy, and so on. With a little bit of experimentation, you’re sure to find the perfect blend of oils for you.
Essential Oil Bead Bracelets
Porous lava beads and wood beads are mainly used as the diffusing medium on bead bracelets. It can be made entirely of these porous beads, or include other decorative beads like gemstones.
As long as 2-3 diffusing beads are present on the bracelet, it can be used with essential oils. The rest of the beads can be for pure aesthetics and personal style.
Gemstones do not only make beautiful additions to a bracelet, but many believe that they contain healing powers. A favorite gemstone to use is amethyst, it is believed to provide balance, peace, and calming.
I think personal style should definitely be a part of choosing your bead bracelet. Pick the style, type of beads, and colors you like.
I found the one pictured at CharlieMadison’s Originals. Once I saw it, I knew it was the one for me because it fit so perfectly with my style and had the colors that I love to wear, so I knew it would complement my wardrobe. I love to use magnolia essential oil with my bracelet, the aroma is better than any perfume!
Best Oil for Diffuser Bracelet
You can use almost any essential oil on a diffuser bracelet. The only ones I avoid are thick & sticky oils (like vetiver) and "hot oil" that MUST be diluted before use (like oregano or cassia).
It is best to avoid prediluted essential oils, they are not as effective and do not diffuse like pure essential oils do. Why? Carrier oils that are use to dilute essential oils do not evaporate like essential oils do.
Here are some favorite oils I enjoy with essential oil jewelry.
1. Lavender Essential Oil
- Fragrant sweet, floral aroma has restorative properties
- Revives the spirit and calms the mind
- Eases nervous anxiety and tension
- Read more about what lavender essential oil blends well with
2. White Fir Essential Oil (aka Silver Fir, Fir Needle)
- Fresh, woody aroma that is calming yet energizing
- Promotes a healthy respiratory system
- Assists in breaking negative patterns (e.g. addiction, anger, eating disorders)
- Read more about Silver Fir
3. Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Beautiful pine aroma inspires centeredness
- Assists with emotional exhaustion
- Brings strength and activity to daily life
- Read more about Juniper Berry
4. Bergamot Essential Oil
- Relieves feelings of despair and low self-esteem
- Invites you to see life with more optimism
- Offers hope and courage, try it in a bergamot diffuser blend
5. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Strong, medicinal aroma supports good health & wellness
- Helps with focus and concentration
- Promotes a sense of confidence
- Read more about Eucalyptus
6. Clary Sage Essential Oil
- A favorite to support women's reproductive health
- Strengthens and fortifies mental capacity
- Relieves fatigue, stress, and PMS/menstrual cramps
7. Cypress Essential Oil
- Source of solace for those experiencing grief
- Cleanses and purifies the spirit
- Helps to let go of past and move forward
8. Jasmine Essential Oil
- Popular oil for its exotic, floral aroma
- Calms the nervous system and releases tension
- Unleashes creativity (great if you need to come up with new ideas)
9. Rose Essential Oil or Absolute
- Beautiful floral aroma, used as natural perfume
- Reinforces a sense of confidence & self-acceptance
- Protects and strengthens the immune system
10. Patchouli Essential Oil
- Strong, musky scent that is frequently used for perfume
- Energizes and warms the senses
- Arouses passion and can be used as an aphrodisiac
- Read more about Patchouli
11. Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Addresses a wide variety of emotional issues
- Fosters creativity and abundance
- Helps you have more fun and engage more fully in life
- Learn how to make Sweet Orange Essential Oil Recipes
12. Magnolia Essential Oil
- Sweetly floral aroma is relaxing, yet has uplifting actions
- Uplifts when feeling down and grounding when anxious
- Creates a calm and serene atmosphere
How to Use Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelet
EO diffuser bracelets are simple to use, just follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Choose your desired oil. Add 1-2 drops of essential oil directly on the lava or wood beads. My bracelet has 4 lava bead by the knotted area, these are the only beads that are able to absorb the oils.
Step 2: Gently rub the oils over the lava beads, this helps the oil to absorb into the pores of the beads. FYI: You do not need to get essential oil on every bead, it isn't needed. As long as a few beads have the oil, your bracelet will be effective.
Step 3: Apply to wrist and slowly the oils on the porous beads will diffuse as air hits them.
Need an extra whiff of oils? Bring the bracelet up to your nose and take a deep breath in. Perfect if you have a big presentation to give or a challenging situation at home. Allow your fears, anxiety, and worry to melt away. Be sure to think positive thoughts as well.
Want to use several oils on your diffuser bracelet at once? The best way to do this is by first mixing your desired essential oil blend in a glass vial or small bottle. Then apply 1-2 drops to your bracelet.
Essential oil jewelry makes a great gift for friends, family, coworkers, even business associates. Pair it with a bottle of essential oil, like lavender. It’s a beloved aroma that has such wonderful healing and calming properties.
Want to learn more about the exact bracelet pictured in all the photos? It is a CharlieMadison Originals: One Word Diffuser Bracelet in Blue.
How Do Essential Oil Bracelets Work?
Essential oil bracelets are a popular way to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy. But how do they work? The concept is simple. Essential oils are highly concentrated extracts from plants. They contain the plant's scent as well as its therapeutic properties.
When you wear an essential oil bracelet, the oils are released into the air, where you can breathe them in and benefit from their effects.
Some people find that certain oils help to boost their mood, while others may find that certain oils help to ease headaches or nausea. There is a wide range of essential oils to choose from, so you can customize your experience and choose the oils that work best for you.
How to apply essential oils to lava beads
Applying essential oils to lava beads is a great way to enjoy their benefits throughout the day. Simply add a few drops of oil to the beads and rub them together to distribute the oil evenly. You can then add the beads to a diffuser bracelet or necklace and wear them as you go about your day. The beads will slowly release the essential oils, providing you with a sustained, gentle scent.